topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)  (Read 687890 times)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)
« Reply #350 on: May 18, 2009, 07:02 AM »
Try v1.0.3 build 7.  Let me know if that fixes it.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #351 on: May 18, 2009, 07:04 AM »
That worked.  :Thmbsup:

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #352 on: May 19, 2009, 08:18 PM »
v1.0.3 build 6
    ! Fixed (hopefully) lyrics window position saving bug.

i'm using v1.0.3 build 7 and the lyrics windows works fine. :up:

another nice feature would be that the lyrics window auto-open upon restart if i exit Trout with the lyrics window open. currently i have to click on the menu to make it re-appear.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #353 on: May 19, 2009, 09:38 PM »
I must've broken that with the last build since that's the way it used to work.  I'll fix it.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2009, 09:57 PM »
Should be fixed in build 11.  Sorry about that.   :-[

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #355 on: May 19, 2009, 10:46 PM »
yes, it's fixed in build 11.. muy fantástico. :-*

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #356 on: May 27, 2009, 08:38 AM »
Lately, I've been trying to improve Trout's internet streaming capabilities.  The latest build adds support for ASX/WMA/AAC streams.  Please let me know if you encounter issues with any streams.

v1.0.3 build 25
    + Support for ASX/WMA internet streams and their tags (if present).
    + Added a second search button to the lyrics window.  Now, you can search
      an artist specifically without having to blank out the title field.
    * Improvements to playlist parsing routines for streaming URLs.

v1.0.3 build 11
    ! Fixed the lyrics window not showing on startup properly.  (Thanks, lanux128)

v1.0.3 build 7
    ! Fixed toaster not disappearing on click when set that way.  (Thanks, app103)

Also, I've been working on a Shoutcast/Icecast radio station browser.  Here's where it's at so far:

2009-05-27_81609.pngNANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:14 PM by skwire »

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2009, 12:23 PM »
A couple requests if I may:

• Since there's no progressbar in minimized mode, I wonder if we could have a counter attached to the horizontal minibar with cycling display on click: elapsed time -> remaining time -> total remaining time (when more files selected for playback).

• And that brings us to second request: ability to select a number of tracks from the current playlist and only play those and nothing else, without any change to the playlist. Total remaining time above would refer to the current multiple selection in this case as opposed to whole playlist.

Unfortunately I'm not into streaming so can't help with testing the new functions.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #358 on: May 30, 2009, 10:18 AM »
I've added both requests to my ToDo.

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #359 on: May 30, 2009, 03:12 PM »
There's something very strange with trout and something else I install.
I tried it on XP 32, the window shows up in taskbar, but does not come to front.
same on windows server 2008 64.
I have no idea what could cause this!
I have to kill the window with right click + close on task bar.

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #360 on: May 30, 2009, 10:46 PM »
I can't seem to play audio CD's in Trout.

I have tried quite a few in both of my drives and Trout just won't load a playlist, even though it says match found & tracks added in the statusbar.

And these CD's all work in other players just fine. It's not an issue with the drives or the CD's.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #361 on: May 31, 2009, 05:10 AM »
There's something very strange with trout and something else I install.
I tried it on XP 32, the window shows up in taskbar, but does not come to front.
same on windows server 2008 64.
I have no idea what could cause this!
I have to kill the window with right click + close on task bar.

You reported this issue in this thread back on Jan 30, 2009.  Several suggestions were offered but I don't recall seeing a reply from you after that.
Also, you reported something similar way back on December 22, 2007 here: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=11455.0  and said that you had found the culprit in TrayIt.

I can't seem to play audio CD's in Trout.

Uhhhh....errrrmmm....hmmmm...maybe try v1.0.3 build 26 and we'll just forget this ever happened.   :P

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #362 on: May 31, 2009, 06:14 AM »
Uhhhh....errrrmmm....hmmmm...maybe try v1.0.3 build 26 and we'll just forget this ever happened.   :P

Sure, ok!

clidenio

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #363 on: June 05, 2009, 02:41 PM »
I don't see a way to remove the playlist index of the current item from the titlebar. (since it doesn't appear in String Formatting > Titlebar, but still appears in the titlebar).

Other than that I'm real happy with this program :) It serves the same purpose for me (also usually a foobar2000 user). I like 1by1 but this is more useful for me since I can set up the same global-keyboard-shortcut scheme I have in foobar, and also toaster is very similar to pretty popup. I'm surprised that you can right complete applications in Autohotkey.

clidenio

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #364 on: June 05, 2009, 03:32 PM »
Also... would it be possible to add more ways for files passed through the command line to be handled.
For example, when adding a file/directory through the command line an option to clear the playlist before adding the new files (like the option avaliable for dropped files), and also (and more importantly) to start playing the files added immediately. I noticed this is possible with "trout.exe [directory/file] /play" however this continues playback from the current song, and not from the new songs added.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #365 on: June 08, 2009, 06:36 PM »
I don't see a way to remove the playlist index of the current item from the titlebar. (since it doesn't appear in String Formatting > Titlebar, but still appears in the titlebar).

This is automatically added for compatibility with the WinampAPI that's built into Trout.  I'll add a ToDo to make the WinampAPI stuff an option.

Also... would it be possible to add more ways for files passed through the command line to be handled.

Yes, that's on my ToDo as well.  Thanks for your feedback.

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #366 on: June 09, 2009, 02:55 PM »
While compiling some of my own AHK toys I noticed the icon group 228 must be replaced for the main icon to show in Win9x.

Another find is a full set of black/white media icons in %system%\mci32.ocx; dunno how to extract them though - I have a hard time retrieving icons in 16bit resources through standard methods (LoadImage / SHGetFileInfo).  :(
However I'm not sure if that ocx is 16bit or 32bit and if it's present in all Win versions.  :tellme:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:58 PM by Drugwash »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2009, 06:19 PM »
Another find is a full set of black/white media icons in %system%\mci32.ocx
[...]
However I'm not sure if that ocx is 16bit or 32bit and if it's present in all Win versions.  :tellme:
It's a Visual Basic 6 OCX file but I don't think it's part of the standard runtimes since I don't have that particular file on my box (but do have the runtimes).

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #368 on: June 09, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Too bad, could've solved issues with missing Wingding (Webding?) fonts on certain machines. Oh well... *sigh*

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #369 on: June 10, 2009, 12:18 AM »
Too bad, could've solved issues with missing Wingding (Webding?) fonts on certain machines. Oh well... *sigh*

If you are missing Webdings, you can get it from here.

If you are missing Wingdings, all 3 of them can be found here.

Much easier than reinstalling IE, your OS, or extracting them from cabs on your install disk to get them back, and better than just suffering without.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2009, 12:59 AM »
I actually have a solution to this issue; just need to get off my arse and implement it.

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #371 on: June 10, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Thanks app103, very kind of you. I personally have no problem with those fonts but I remember having read (or been told) about people that missed them; hopefully they find the links above and solve the issue.  :Thmbsup:

Jody, get off your arse!  ;D
(obviously joking)

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #372 on: June 11, 2009, 12:53 AM »
Thanks app103, very kind of you. I personally have no problem with those fonts but I remember having read (or been told) about people that missed them; hopefully they find the links above and solve the issue.  :Thmbsup:

Win95/98 allows for a compact install, intended for systems with very small hard drives. It's just the bare minimum needed and a number of things are not installed. One of those things is the Wingdings fonts.

The official recommended fix from MS is to reinstall your OS and select full install instead, but that isn't possible if your hard drive is too small to support it.

Other fixes are much more complicated than they need to be, like extracting the fonts from the cabs on your setup disk. Easiest one is the suggested "copy the fonts from another computer", but if you don't have access to that, you'll need to get the fonts from somewhere else.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #373 on: June 22, 2009, 04:10 AM »
skwire, how about support for off-line lyrics? if there is a text file with the same filename as the song then it can be displayed in the lyrics windows. would save some bandwidth for someone like me.. :)

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #374 on: June 25, 2009, 08:35 AM »
Few months ago I posted at the AHK forums a small test script to prove Unicode tags reading capability under all Windows versions. In the mean time I updated it locally to allow its usage on systems that lack unicows.dll (which is only required for Win9x systems).

As I found it fit as an example in a recent reply to some poster there, I remembered Trout might take advantage of it too, since it's already using BASS and tags reading.

I've tested the script in both Windows98SE and XP-SP2 with positive results but only one test mp3 file with Japanese tags was available; anyone willing, please test and provide feedback whether it works for other Unicode languages as well.

Please note that in order to display Unicode text, the OS must have at least one Unicode font installed. The script uses the cRichEdit wrapper by corrupt, the BASS and BASStags wrappers by k3ph.

Link to the AHK forum post here.