topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:28 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)  (Read 687797 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2009 Release: Trout
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2009, 03:35 PM »
that sound's good, as I say - if possible - you're the boss here so it's your call !!
Let's assume we go with this method.  How would you like it synced?  Here are two possible methods:
1) Clear the playlist and rebuild it from the specified folders.
2) Clear only dead entries, re-scan tags of existing files, and add any new files found to the end.

I see "Clear Playlist" is hotkeyable
If you could possibly make "Add Folder" hotkeyable as well that would cover my current needs (if not, I can always do it with the mouse - gawd help me :D actually, I can always do it with Alt+F to access menu - it's just I'm only learning all about tagging and organising so I'm in a period of major upheaval so-to-speak and have to reload the current folder often)

just BTW:-
I've finally properly tagged my (very) small collection -
Also, I changed <missing> to <++++> and find it much easier on the eyes - also makes it much easier to see what hasn't been tagged - I cant see any reason not to do this - if you can please let me know!
Tom

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2009, 05:17 PM »
I see "Clear Playlist" is hotkeyable
If you could possibly make "Add Folder" hotkeyable as well that would cover my current needs (if not
Sure, easily doable.  It'll be in the next build.  Thanks.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Skwire: just a small suggestion, please make Trout update-able via DCUpdater.. i normally download the portable zip version and extract over the existing folder and it'd be nice to have it automated. :)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2009, 09:40 PM »
I think you can remove that part about 9x not being supported, now.  :)
Well, there's still some quirks that I see in a VM that I can't seem to iron out.  Specifically, the tray icon.

What's wrong with the tray icon? Looks ok to me:

trout icon.png

And I am not even running in true color (had to sacrifice that for a higher resolution)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2009, 11:28 PM »
What's wrong with the tray icon? Looks ok to me:
Very cool.  In the VM I test 9x on, it always shows the standard AHK green "H" icon.  Maybe it's an ME thing?  Drugwash, what does your Win98 tray show for Trout?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2009, 11:39 PM »
Skwire: just a small suggestion, please make Trout update-able via DCUpdater.. i normally download the portable zip version and extract over the existing folder and it'd be nice to have it automated. :)
I hope to add this soon.  It will be optional, however.  As in, you will need to copy the dcupdater into your Trout folder yourself.  Would that be okay?

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2009, 11:43 PM »
I hope to add this soon.  It will be optional, however.  As in, you will need to copy the dcupdater into your Trout folder yourself.  Would that be okay?

no problem, i'm okay with it.. :Thmbsup:

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2009, 01:09 PM »
v1.0.2 build 103
    + Added website button to the About dialog.  [Thanks, Darin]
    + Playlist block selections are now movable via ctrl-up and ctrl-down.  [Thanks, majkinetor]
    + Added the following as hotkeyable items: Add files, Add folders, Load playlist,
      and Add URL.  [Thank, tomos]
    + Added DonationCoder DcUpdater compatibility.  [Thanks, lanux128]
        If you would like to use this functionality, do the following:
        1) Download and install mouser's DcUpdate application from here:
           https://www.donation...s/DcUpdaterSetup.exe
        2) Download this and extract dcuhelper.exe to your Trout folder:
           https://www.donation...nloads/dcuhelper.zip
        3) You will now see the new option under the Help menu.
    * Updated to latest BASS format plugins.
    * Updated to latest BASS library.  [Thanks, k3ph] 
    ! Added code to prevent duplication of hotkeys.  [Thanks, SoggyDog]

apfel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2009, 04:41 PM »
Could you add to the right-click menu a new item "Open Music Folder" to open the current selected tracks folder?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2009, 09:52 PM »
Could you add to the right-click menu a new item "Open Music Folder" to open the current selected tracks folder?
Absolutely.  I plan to go one better and provide an option for a custom file manager string for those that don't use Explorer (like me).

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2009, 01:19 AM »
+ Added DonationCoder DcUpdater compatibility.  [Thanks, lanux128]

nice work, skwire. works fine here. :Thmbsup:

ws-trout-update-1.png

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2009, 01:05 PM »
v1.0.2 build 106
    + Added "Explore here" option to the Edit/context menu.  [Thanks, apfel]
    + Added an option for specifying a custom file manager in regards to the 'Explore here'
      feature.  It's under the Tools, Options, General tab.  You use the $file_p token for
      the path.  I use Altap Salamander as my file manager of choice so I have the
      following specified:

C:\apps\file\Salamander\salamand.exe -L "$file_p"

This would open Altap Salamander with the left pane at the path of the currently
      focused song.  If a custom file manager is not specified, the path is simply "run"
      and Windows Explorer will most likely display (unless you have some other file manager
      specified as default on your system).
    * Cut the tray menu back down the basics as it was getting out of hand.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2009, 01:05 PM »
If the changed up tray menu bothers anybody, by all means, speak up.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2009, 08:42 PM »
what's the difference between 'Random' and 'Shuffle' in the 'Play Mode' menu? i tried both and it didn't seem much difference..

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2009, 09:39 PM »
Random is just that...random.  The same song could be played ten times in a row.  Shuffle will play each song in the list one time and stop.  Certain actions will "reset" the shuffle list, though.  Namely, adding or deleting files from the list as well as changing play modes.  Make sense?

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2009, 11:25 PM »
i have been adding songs while listening in 'shuffle' mode that's why some of the songs were repeated. thanks again for the clarification.

If the changed up tray menu bothers anybody, by all means, speak up.
oh, i miss the 'option' menu when right-clicking the tray icon. :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2009, 06:46 PM »
v1.0.2 build 119
    + Made the following keys available for hotkeys: - = [ ] \ ; ' , . /
    + Added a "Preserve file modification time when saving tags" options under Tools, Options,
      General.  [Thanks, badmojo]
    * More Win9x/ME compatibility fixes.
        1) Font selection size should now work properly.
        2) Hotkeys should work now.  However, mouse-button hotkeys under 9x are sketchy at best.
        3) Text display bits should be more compatible with themed progress bars.
    * Added 'Options' back to the tray menu.  [Thanks, lanux128]

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2009, 08:10 AM »
thanks for returning the 'Options'. btw, in the newer version (build 120), "Remove duplicates" and "Remove dead entries" doesn't seem to work. to make sure i moved one of the mp3 to another folder and tried again but the 'missing' file was not removed.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Please update to build 122.  Apologies.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2009, 09:22 AM »
Thanks a lot for this player, great work! I'm blown away - again - by what's possible with AHK.  :-*

PS: The version number given in your first post in this thread is outdated.

PPS: I suggest you add "audio player" to the thread topic (to find it more easily).

Have a great day!

Edit: I found that I can only move the Trout window with the mouse, not with the Windows key + Cursor keys (AHK script), which works for virtually all other programs I use. Any idea why?

I also saw that the "TE" and "TR" track info (your position in the file) is not updated while a file is paused, you can rewind or fast forward, but only when you resume the file it's being updated. Nothing big, just mentioning it.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:56 AM by brotherS »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2009, 10:13 AM »
Thanks a lot for this player, great work! I'm blown away - again - by what's possible with AHK.  :-*

PS: The version number given in your first post in this thread is outdated.

PPS: I suggest you add "audio player" to the thread topic (to find it more easily).
You're welcome; I'm glad you like it.  Sometimes the version number will get outdated when I upload silent bugfix builds.

Edit: I found that I can only move the Trout window with the mouse, not with the Windows key + Cursor keys (AHK script), which works for virtually all other programs I use. Any idea why?
Hmmm...that's odd.  I have a similar keyboard move script and it works fine.  If you want to PM me your script code, I can try it out on my systems.

I also saw that the "TE" and "TR" track info (your position in the file) is not updated while a file is paused, you can rewind or fast forward, but only when you resume the file it's being updated. Nothing big, just mentioning it.
Yes, the times only update if the track is playing but I should be able to change this.  In the meantime, the tooltip should show the current time you're dragging to even if a track is paused.  Thanks for the feedback.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2009, 10:24 AM »
Hmmm...that's odd.  I have a similar keyboard move script and it works fine.  If you want to PM me your script code, I can try it out on my systems.

Will do!

Yes, the times only update if the track is playing but I should be able to change this.  In the meantime, the tooltip should show the current time you're dragging to even if a track is paused.  Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, the tooltip is helpful, but it only shows up when I use the mouse, not when I use a hotkey. 8)

Last but not least, I would like a hotkey to skip back or forth a few (definable?) seconds. I'm used to that from players like mp3DirectCut and xmplay. Do you feel like adding that?  :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2009, 10:38 AM »
Will do!
Your script works perfectly for me with Trout.   :huh:

Yes, the tooltip is helpful, but it only shows up when I use the mouse, not when I use a hotkey. 8)
Last but not least, I would like a hotkey to skip back or forth a few (definable?) seconds. I'm used to that from players like mp3DirectCut and xmplay. Do you feel like adding that?  :)
Sure.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Will do!
Your script works perfectly for me with Trout.   :huh:

Now that's strange... but not vitally important, as I move around other windows more often than my audio players.

Sure.

Excellent!

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2009, 07:41 PM »
Please update to build 122.  Apologies.

thanks again for the bug-fix and DCupdate feature, now i'm using build 127. :)