topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2009 Release: CrazyLittleFingers  (Read 135043 times)

DizZa

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2009 Release: CrazyLittleFingers
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2009, 01:51 PM »
I love your program very much, but unfortunately she loves it more and is apparently more passionate about it ... To the point where she has somehow figured out how to get the computer to shutdown, go into sleep/hibernate mode, or something ... I'm still not sure what she manages to do, but she just goes crazy on the keyboard watching the pictures change, and then suddenly the monitor throws up a No Signal and turns off, yet the computer is still running, and nothing short of a cold reboot seems to bring it back... Any ideas what she's doing and how to turn it off/prevent it/fix it?? I love letting her go crazy with it, but my computer also streams to my TV, and it's not possible to watch TV when she keeps resetting it... She also gets very upset when it turns off lol, she absolutely loves it!

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2009, 07:03 PM »
I love your program very much, but unfortunately she loves it more and is apparently more passionate about it ... To the point where she has somehow figured out how to get the computer to shutdown, go into sleep/hibernate mode, or something ... I'm still not sure what she manages to do, but she just goes crazy on the keyboard watching the pictures change, and then suddenly the monitor throws up a No Signal and turns off, yet the computer is still running, and nothing short of a cold reboot seems to bring it back... Any ideas what she's doing and how to turn it off/prevent it/fix it?? I love letting her go crazy with it, but my computer also streams to my TV, and it's not possible to watch TV when she keeps resetting it... She also gets very upset when it turns off lol, she absolutely loves it!

Awesome, great to hear it.  There's one button that I couldn't capture and if you have a keyboard similar to mine, you'll have Power or Sleep button that allows you to shutdown the computer.

Easy Fix, go to Control Panel - Power Options (assuming XP)
And make sure the appropriate option is set to "Do Nothing"

powercfg.jpg

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2009, 07:14 PM »
i have 4 monitors by the way -- and the full screen images and sounds are very nice.  might be nice to blank all the screens though.

v1.1.2 will be able to do that

I was considering for the next major release to actually utilise all available monitors, do you think that'd be a worthwhile feature?

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 05:05 AM »
Here you go Mouser and PhilB66, just for you v1.1.2 (attached)

In this version,
  • Fixed Dual Screen bug when secondary monitor had higher resolution than primary.
  • Now supports up to infinite* monitors (*untested)

This was compiled after a glass (or maybe 3 glasses  :drinksmiley:) of wine, so let me know if it works for you and then I'll update the website.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 05:27 AM »
no change here -- still only shows on primary monitor.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 06:22 AM »
Thanks kwacky1, but no change here either. Still managed to activate the taskbar and the Sticky Keys thing (and take screenshots).

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2009, 06:44 AM »
no change here -- still only shows on primary monitor.

And your remaining monitors are still active?

PhilB66, there's nothing I can do about StickyKeys, it's a lower level keyboard hook than mine and I couldn't find a way to disable the stickykeys hotkey on the fly (ie. without a reboot)

lindy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2009, 11:22 PM »
Hi - I'm a new member and this is the first program I have tried.  When I unzip it I get an error when trying to open the application file.  Could I download this file only again?  The media pack unzips OK and I don't think it is necessary to repeat that download.
lindy

By the way, another kids program which my granddaughter loves is Baby Smash.

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 04:09 AM »
Hi - I'm a new member and this is the first program I have tried.  When I unzip it I get an error when trying to open the application file.  Could I download this file only again?  The media pack unzips OK and I don't think it is necessary to repeat that download.
lindy

Hi Lindy, welcome to DC, thanks for trying my program, you can download just the exe here.

I've definitely got to get thiis corrupt upload sorted out pronto!

kwacky1

alivingspirit

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2009, 11:19 AM »
Its not working for me. I just get a black screen but no interaction.
Edit: Oh. Never mind! I didn't realize that you have to download the whole zip file. It is a little confusing or maybe I'm just an idiot.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:23 AM by alivingspirit »

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2009, 04:04 AM »
Its not working for me. I just get a black screen but no interaction.
Edit: Oh. Never mind! I didn't realize that you have to download the whole zip file. It is a little confusing or maybe I'm just an idiot.

It's definitely confusing, I really need to put some effort into my website.

Anyway, you'll all be pleased to know that I've finally fixed the "left monitor is not my primary monitor" bug.  So if you've got a dual/multi screen setup, you'll want to download the latest update (or click here for the full version).

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2009, 07:44 AM »
super work kwacky
tried it out on my 3%half yr old niece today - she loved it, me too :D
Tom

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2009, 10:51 PM »
super work kwacky
tried it out on my 3%half yr old niece today - she loved it, me too :D

Awesome, glad you like it!  Make sure you check out Teddy by Scancode as well!

ayryq

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2009, 08:16 AM »
I wanted to share my experience with this program - I downloaded (with your media pack) last night and let my 9 month old at it. He truly has "crazy little fingers." Anyhow, the first time he hit "d" (daddy) he saw the default picture and started screaming his head off. He's a happy baby, too--doesn't usually cry at all. He wouldn't go near the computer for the rest of the night.

Thanks for the program,
Eric

Edit: Tried it again today and he didn't seem to be bothered by the "d" key as much. Must have just been his mood last night. I'm still going to switch it for a picture of me :) Also, it's weird - when I'm using my computer he'll go crazy trying to press every button (he is right now!) but when this program is running he slows down and looks at each picture when it comes up. It's nice not to always have to say "No!" when he goes for the keyboard.

:Thmbsup:

Edit again: His favorite picture is the xylophone one. Maybe I should pictures of other babies in... actually I keep thinking of other things I could do with this. Musical instruments! Spanish words! The periodic table! If in a five years you hear about this six year old from Western Michigan graduating from college, you'll know why.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 09:39 AM by ayryq »

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2009, 09:24 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, glad to see you're inspired like I was!   :Thmbsup:

Andad

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2010, 03:31 PM »
I'd love to be able to use this program on my Vista computer with my grandson but have run into difficulties in getting the program to start.

I downloaded Version 1.1.2.11 and unzipped it with 7-Zip into a folder Crazy Little Fingers.   I then double clicked on CrazyLittleFingers.exe and a coloured screen came up but I cannot get any pictures to appear when I use the keys.   Some sounds (but not all) are present when I press keys but even then the sounds do not appear to be connected to the right key.

I must be doing something wrong and I'd be extremely grateful if someone could tell me how to proceed.

Thanks for any advice.

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2010, 05:11 AM »
Hi Andad,

Glad to hear your problem got sorted.  For anyone else who stumbles by in the future, looks like the exe in the main zip is still corrupted (even though I've replaced it a number of times).

After you download CrazyLittleFingers make sure you grab the update as well.

karlandellie

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2010, 02:30 PM »
dont know if im alone, imtrying to run the program on windows7 and it works fine for about the first 5 or 6 key presses then appears to freeze and no matter what button is pressed there is no sond or image, when exiting it shows on the task manager as not responding i have tried both the .exe in the zip and the update as well

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2010, 02:49 AM »
dont know if im alone, imtrying to run the program on windows7 and it works fine for about the first 5 or 6 key presses then appears to freeze and no matter what button is pressed there is no sond or image, when exiting it shows on the task manager as not responding i have tried both the .exe in the zip and the update as well
-karlandellie (June 29, 2010, 02:30 PM)

Hi,

I haven't tested on Win7 as yet, but I will give it a go and see what happens.

kwacky1

jg4bus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2011, 01:30 PM »
Kwacky1,

I love the idea of your software--I've been meaning to search for something like this for some time.  Great idea with the photos.  The problem I'm having is that when I execute the program I just get a black screen w/ no images.  I'm running XP.  I downloaded both the large file and the exe file a couple times.  Do I need to specify where the photos are somehow?  Do I need a key?

Thanks for doing this.  My 16-mo old daughter is very interested in whacking away at the keyboard.  I can't wait to try it out with her.

Thanks,

James (Washington, DC)

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2011, 09:14 AM »
Kwacky1,

I love the idea of your software--I've been meaning to search for something like this for some time.  Great idea with the photos.  The problem I'm having is that when I execute the program I just get a black screen w/ no images.  I'm running XP.  I downloaded both the large file and the exe file a couple times.  Do I need to specify where the photos are somehow?  Do I need a key?

Thanks for doing this.  My 16-mo old daughter is very interested in whacking away at the keyboard.  I can't wait to try it out with her.

Thanks,

James (Washington, DC)

Hi James,

Just make sure you've extracted/unzipped the files from the 'large' file so that you can see all the files inside. The exe is in there to, the standalone download was provided for people who'd already installed CLF.

You may also be interested in Babysmash by Scott Hanselman.

Let me know if you need any more help.

kwacky1
 :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:16 AM by kwacky1 »

jg4bus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2011, 05:38 AM »
Ah, got it!  I wasn't familiar with the 7z extension and didn't realize it was a zipped file.  Makes sense.  It works great.  Thanks for your help!

James