topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: More Abuses of Technology - Government Surveillance - Computer Confiscation  (Read 42712 times)

Cpilot

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Bite Notes
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
@Cpilot -- I wonder if some of your posts here are grounded in a practical fear. "The inconvenience is worth the safety?"
What exactly do I have to fear? Being neither a terrorist nor paranoid I really don't have to be afraid of much.
Then again the folks in the twin towers didn't feel that they had anything to fear either on that day.
As I've said before there seems to be a lot of speculation but very few hard facts, I have occasion to surf other forums and boards out there and always find myself amused at the the paranoid rantings of what I refer to as "bunker surfers", people who are so paranoid and afraid that everything around them is a massive conspiracy, that there are groups and individuals that hold all the power in the world and we are all just unwitting pawns in a centuries old conspiracy that culminates with them TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!.

There seems to be a deep disconnect from reality, if you really think things are repressive now google the security measures put in place during WWII. Do any of you realize that the only American president to create internment camps was Franklin Roosevelt, a democrat?
Do you all realize that it was democratic administrations that over saw the most repressive governmental act in violation of liberty and freedom in the form of involuntary conscription into the armed forces?
This occurred for decades, from WWII to the Vietnam war.
These adjustments were made in a time of great turmoil, both political and practical. Yet after these things subsided so did the alleged "repression", and these things too shall pass. Your all acting like what's going on is a new thing, it's not, it's happened in one form or another countless times in the past.......and the constitution is still in one piece.

After the Vietnam war dragged on and it was determined that we didn't have the will to win it anymore the people of this country demanded that the decades of living on a war footing was enough. And it changed, when we no longer feel threatened then the people will demand that it change again.

And it will, these are the realities.

But the American people will not tolerate terrorists threatening the security of themselves, their families or their country.

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Do any of you realize that the only American president to ...
Mouser asked us to curtail the politics. Please help us do so.

f0dder

• Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
There seems to be a deep disconnect from reality, if you really think things are repressive now google the security measures put in place during WWII. Do any of you realize that the only American president to create internment camps was Franklin Roosevelt, a democrat?
*cough* guantanamo *cough*

Do you all realize that it was democratic administrations that over saw the most repressive governmental act in violation of liberty and freedom in the form of involuntary conscription into the armed forces?
If you had involuntary conscription, perhaps your army would have less psychos. Works pretty well for Denmark.
- carpe noctem

Cpilot

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Bite Notes
    • Donate to Member
*cough* guantanamo *cough*
No offense but as I've stated before, I couldn't really care less what "Denmark", or any of Europe for that matter, think of guantanamo. Not many Americans I've spoken to care either.
Since everyone likes dropping names how about Auschwitz-Birkenau, Belzec, Majdanec, Treblinka, Jasenovac, Chelmno and others?
Thanks Europe for giving the world industrial style mass murder and then turning around and lecturing us about Gitmo.......hypocrites.
If you had involuntary conscription, perhaps your army would have less psychos. Works pretty well for Denmark.
This just shows you're an idiot.
If Denmark's so great why didn't they stop the ethnic cleansing in Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian?
Matter of fact I really don't recollect Denmark doing much of anything beyond sniping on internet boards.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You're doing some pretty major generalising there Cpilot
Denmark this, Europe that, America wont..
Calling people idiots doesnt help either
Tom

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wow, I'm not surprised this thread would go so political in the end, but I never thought we were going to resort to name calling in DC, just like any other low-level forum out there. I guess that can't be avoided when talking about such things (politics, that is).

Moderators, I personally suggest to put a lock on the thread before things get even more out of control, and move to better things.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
I'm locking this thread -- it went political and mean spirited and personal.  Not one of our finest moments.  (cpilot in particular i think you stepped over the line this time with the personal attack -- which would be more of a concern if f0dder wasn't so clearly one of the smartest people on the forum).  Less of this in the future please.