topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:53 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?  (Read 1025410 times)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Figured I'd try to participate more. Hope everyone has a great night!

Thanks so much for DC. I'm having a ball checking everything out. 

Welcome aboard... it's good to see a nice pear.

wut?!

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2015
  • Grainy and juicy.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I forgot to include how I got here. A few days ago, I realized that Launchy hasn't been updated for years, so I went hunting for something under active development. I sometimes use alternative.to to find suggestions for apps and I headed over there. Well, FARR is the highest program on their list of alternatives. So, credit to them for sure.

Now I'm also running Screenshot Captor and Clipboard Help and Spell.

EDIT: "Modify" is another word for "edit". Doh!

Vurbal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Uh, what else? I'm really into music and I love everything from Jazz to Hip-Hop to Metal to Breaks to Classical and everything in-between. I collect headphones and build A/V ICs for friends. Right now, I'm listening to some Fats Domino through my AKG K7XX. Before that it was Biggie, and before that it was some Bach. Next up is a Nina Simone album called To Love Somebody.

Funny you should mention Fats Domino and Bach. I play bass, and I've got my son (a drummer) working on learning I'm Walking, although my favorite of his is probably Blue Monday. Some time in the near future we'll be shifting gears to some Bach - well, sort of...

I learned to say the pledge of allegiance
Before they beat me bloody down at the station
They haven't got a word out of me since
I got a billion years probation
- The MC5

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the danger of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ''crackpot'' than the stigma of conformity.
- Thomas J. Watson, Sr

It's not rocket surgery.
- Me

I recommend reading through my Bio before responding to any of my posts. It could save both of us a lot of time and frustration.

wut?!

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2015
  • Grainy and juicy.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Whoa. Jethro Tull has never really been on my radar, but now they are! Thank you!

I've been on a huge funk spree lately. Listening to lots of Sly, Herbie Hancock, Isaac Hayes, Commodores, Supertramp, Tower of Power, and of course Parliament/Funkadelic, etc...

I can't seem to get enough.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've been on a huge funk spree lately. Listening to lots of Sly, Herbie Hancock, Isaac Hayes, Commodores, Supertramp, Tower of Power, and of course Parliament/Funkadelic, etc...

you'll have to make a few suggestions in the music thread -
(a greater variety of music unlikely to be found anywhere :))
Tom

Vurbal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Whoa. Jethro Tull has never really been on my radar, but now they are! Thank you!

You're welcome! I really got into Tull in my early 20s, and quickly realized they were a lot more interesting than I ever realized. Their studio albums aren't always as good as they could be, mostly due to the way they worked in the studio during the 70s. Of course a lot of bands had that problem. Also, the bassist on that recording was kicked out a couple years later, which is a long and stupid story.

I can't seem to get enough.

Here's a couple lesser known favorites of mine.

The Temptations, with original Funkadelic members Eddie Hazel and Billy Nelson on guitar and bass:

Living Colour plays James Brown:

We should definitely take this to the music thread.
I learned to say the pledge of allegiance
Before they beat me bloody down at the station
They haven't got a word out of me since
I got a billion years probation
- The MC5

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the danger of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ''crackpot'' than the stigma of conformity.
- Thomas J. Watson, Sr

It's not rocket surgery.
- Me

I recommend reading through my Bio before responding to any of my posts. It could save both of us a lot of time and frustration.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Great to have a new friendly soul here, wut, welcome to the site  :up:

wut?!

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2015
  • Grainy and juicy.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hey, thanks, everyone! How's everyone's weekend going? I've got the organization bug. Going through my music to rename files and update tags.

shadzovgra

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Fifty six years young from New Zealand. Was an artist/musician, but due to age and a few other factors that swing around the "Bummer" area, I'm now forced to live on a pension and heavy duty pain killers that enable movement without the need of a wheelchair. Moved to Australia some twenty six years ago and have been here since. Love computers and reading up on the latest technologies :graduate:. Listen to a large variety of music, sometimes all night, rather than sit and reflect on my past in silence.

Was extremely happy :-* in a marriage that lasted for thirty three years, before I had to let my soul mate go, due to her body undergoing multiple organ failure :(.

Love gaming still. I believe it helps to keep the brain active and reflexes sharp. Though I'm not as capable as I was, I still like to help others when I can. Anything really, rather than sit around feeling sorry for myself and allowing the negative crap that has happened over the past few years rule my life. Bit of a rebel still. But nothing like what I was like as a teenager :tease:. Love animals and have a little male Tibetan Spaniel called Maestro as a companion. He has proven himself to be so intelligent and loyal, that I really don't know what I'd do without his company these days :-*. To me, he's everything most humans aren't :Thmbsup:. Well, I've probably bored the living hell out of everyone who has taken the time to read this. So I'll say hi, be well to all and sign off.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome to the site, shadzovgra  :up:
There is also a thread for posting about your pets: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=19111.0

franstam

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, i have been a long time lurker/user, and joined the nice folks over on the DC IRC channel, but only recently registered a forum account.

i am a network engineer, and enjoy tweaking and screwing around with pcs and networks

cheers and hope to chat with u all on the IRC/forums.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, i have been a long time lurker/user, and joined the nice folks over on the DC IRC channel, but only recently registered a forum account.

i am a network engineer, and enjoy tweaking and screwing around with pcs and networks

cheers and hope to chat with u all on the IRC/forums.

Nice to see you finally post :D

franstam

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

-Stephen66515 (June 04, 2015, 03:44 AM)
you're welcome. i hope i can participate in this wonderful community :D

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

-Stephen66515 (June 04, 2015, 03:44 AM)
you're welcome. i hope i can participate in this wonderful community :D

Yes! Yes you can!

:Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome to the forum, franstam.

Sjc1000

• Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Holla :D
I've been crackin around on the IRC for a while, thought i should make a post here.
Im from auzzy land!
Hopefully i can contribute to this community somehow.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome!  :Thmbsup:

carolb

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello, I am from the beautiful state of Alabama. Trying to find my way around on this form. I have traveled to Several countries and plan on more traveling in two years.  My husband and I have a business with another 2 year lease, when that is over, goodbye staying at home.  I worked as a Registered nurse for many years and now have a Home Based Business and can work via the net where ever I am.
Love connecting and making new friends, sharing ideas and helping others.  I am a Certified Life Coach and public speaker.  Volunteering is something else I do and love helping charities raise funds.

breedskool

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The World through the internet has become a united global family, where you can easily connect with people and impact lives you might never get the opportunity to ever meet. sounds like a great idea getting acquainted in here ...

Jennylayne

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello!  I'm brand new here.  I am a graphic artist from St. George Utah, originally from California.

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Donate to Member
Holla :D
I've been crackin around on the IRC for a while, thought i should make a post here.
Im from auzzy land!
Hopefully i can contribute to this community somehow.

Hi, sjc!  We recognize each other from #ahkscript

Fex777

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello
Im from Switzerland, baught me an Ultrawide Screen (34). The included sofware was crap. Thanks for this chance here and all the help.

Mikky111

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nice to see you guys! Mikky, 24, England  8)

Sonalisharma

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello
« Reply #873 on: June 04, 2016, 03:31 AM »
New member,  hello to All

cxtgroup

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #874 on: June 22, 2016, 07:06 AM »
Hi Friends,

I am a software developer in Michigan,i would like to shre the some ideas.

Thanks