topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Direct Access - text expander and application launcher (and much more)  (Read 59257 times)

nagar

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Nagarsoft
    • Donate to Member
Almost correct. When you purchase the software, you get any upgrade (minor or major) that is released in 12 moths. So if you upgrade now and v.3.0 is released in November 2009, of course you get it for free. Our plan is to release a new major version per year.
--
Andrea Nagar - Nagarsoft
http://www.nagarsoft.com
Discover the power of Direct Access to speed up your personal computing experience by reducing time consuming, repetitive tasks through the use of abbreviations.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Almost correct. When you purchase the software, you get any upgrade (minor or major) that is released in 12 moths. So if you upgrade now and v.3.0 is released in November 2009, of course you get it for free. Our plan is to release a new major version per year.

Heh, heh, even better  :) :Thmbsup:

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Andrea and all,

I would like to put in a plug here for Direct Access and its creator, Andrea. She has gotten a blizzard of messages from me. She has been prompt and her responses have been very helpful. Each one was hand written and pertained directly to my question rather than canned text that was tangentially relevant if at all.

I resisted trying Direct Access for a long time because I was using AutoHotkey and saw no real use for it. Having tried it, however, I must say I am a convert. Also, I have looked at a number of similar apps and have found Direct Access to have the best interface of the bunch.

If you've not tried it, take a look at it. You couldn't want a more helpful app or better support.

Oh yes, and while I am at it, I would like to thank Darwin (Thanks Mike!) for all his help and input regarding these programs as well. I can tell you that thanks to me, he has gotten little, if at all, work done on his Ph.D. lately. :)

Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Andrea and all,

I would like to put in a plug here for Direct Access and its creator, Andrea. She has gotten a blizzard of messages from me. She has been prompt and her responses have been very helpful. Each one was hand written and pertained directly to my question rather than canned text that was tangentially relevant if at all.

I resisted trying Direct Access for a long time because I was using AutoHotkey and saw no real use for it. Having tried it, however, I must say I am a convert. Also, I have looked at a number of similar apps and have found Direct Access to have the best interface of the bunch.

If you've not tried it, take a look at it. You couldn't want a more helpful app or better support.

Oh yes, and while I am at it, I would like to thank Darwin (Thanks Mike!) for all his help and input regarding these programs as well. I can tell you that thanks to me, he has gotten little, if at all, work done on his Ph.D. lately. :)

Ken

Andrea be a he, not a she.   ;D ;D

Jim

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
In January 2009 this thread became embroiled over some complaints made against Nagarsoft and Direct Access by another company about whether ideas were being copied from other programs..

To ensure that all sides have their say while at the same time avoidng having this thread degenerate, the complaint thread has been split off, and can be read here: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=16640.0

Let's agree to keep the two threads separate.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
OK - I've updated the minireview to reflect the changes made in version 2 of DirectAccess. I didn't update the screenshots because it looks like doing so after the fact is more trouble than it's worth! FWIW, the changes to the GUI are subtle. They can be seen at the nagarsoft's website, where Andrea has posted a screenshot overview: http://www.nagarsoft...taccess/screenshots/