topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help  (Read 344295 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Update, again :\
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Another update (for SnapSuite)...

This one I wasn't planning on putting as its own update, but I was forced to due JkDefrag. I completely ignored putting JkDefrag into the downloader's list of files. It was in my folder (I create a folder to see what "users" see, and make sure everything is there) but wasn't in the list. . This new downloader includes the latest version, JkDefrag 3.28. It also features a small splash screen and the new icon (BIG thanks to HamRadio for doing that for me :-*), to make up for my idiotic...ness. :P

New users:
Download the file below (run or save, your choice). Run it once it is done, and let it go to work. The program will launch automatically when it is done.

Existing users:
Download the file below and overwrite your old file (if you Ran the first file, you can Run it again or Save it). Run it once it is done, and pick Continue using the existing files. Once it is done, you will just have to update SnapSuite via the button below the SystemCare column.

EDIT: If you see a splash screen after the update, you don't need to do the second "Update SnapSuite". If you DON'T see a splash screen, then you DO need to update. It appears that it works without the 2nd part of the update.

EDIT 2: Don't download just yet, I am updating the code to retrieve the latest CCleaner version.

EDIT 3: OK, uploading build 90. I fixed a bunch of bugs that I just happened to come across- that was lucky! :)

EDIT 4: I am going to take about an hour and fix whatever is going on, something is going nuts somewhere. Just my luck. :-\

EDIT 5: If this post doesn't make me look crazy, I don't know what does. :-\ See below for my explanation and new version.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 12:04 AM by wreckedcarzz »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Free computer help online/CompuTech (my) programs
« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2007, 03:24 PM »
This is horrible, Brandon!  :o

1) Setup created a new Directory: C:/Program Files/, instead of C:/%Program Files%/ ~ C:/Programmer/  in Danish.

2) Setup was not [Edit: "all" ] successfull, I guess, but ended with "gave me" an error message: [I missed to see the icon in the systray]

snaperror.gif

3) There is no uninstaller, and the program is not listed in XP's Add/Remove Programs.
The folder's content:

snapcontent.gif

So what am I to do now?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 03:35 PM by Curt »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2007, 03:36 PM »
That was the most confusing, pointless, idiotic 30 minutes of debugging I have ever used. The whole problem was that the downloader freaked out because I forgot to update the MD5 checksum. Then it failed to download correctly. Then it didn't work at all. (etc etc etc) Good grief...

Well, I fixed one more thing, updated the checksum, and cleaned up my workspace so that I won't go insane next time I try working on SnapSuite.

New users...
Download (Run or Save). Run the exe. SnapSuite will start automatically.

Existing users...
Delete the SnapSuite folder in Program Files ("CompuTech SnapSuite"). It will just make more sense to do that, then to try and sort through all the mess of the downloader. Run/Save the new downloader, let it do its thing, and SnapSuite will start automatically.

To everybody...
Sorry about that mess (*points up*) :-[. It was good, then one thing happened, then I had a snowball of events on my hands. This one DOES work, so (hopefully) enjoy. :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 06:48 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2007, 03:40 PM »
Curt:

As for the directory thing: It has to be in that folder (Program Files) due to design (you can only change the drive letter). If you really need it in another folder, I can cook up a custom one for you in a few minutes.

As for the error: Yes, that was the bug I fixed before the MD5 checksum went nuts.

About no uninstaller: No, there isn't one. I am planning to make one soon.

I am REALLY sorry about that :(, the whole thing went to heck in a handcart really fast. Just delete the whole thing and get a new copy from above.

EDIT: I can't really apologize enough, but in case anyone else downloaded the bad version as well, I am sorry. The version above is good.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 03:46 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #229 on: November 06, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Another problem...

This one I can't control though. Appears JkDefrag STILL doesn't work on XP. Not sure though.

If you can't get it working, go here http://www.kessels.c...ag/JkDefrag-3.28.zip and copy JkDefrag.exe to the SnapSuite folder. That should fix it. Not sure why, but it seems to do the trick.

EDIT: I re-uploaded JkDefrag to the mazecraze site (where the downloader gets its files) so anyone after this post should have the working one. Wonder why it didn't take it the first time. :-\
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 04:13 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A little update
« Reply #230 on: November 09, 2007, 12:14 PM »
Well, I have been home sick the last few days, and just got out of the hospital yesterday (PM me if you want to know why, it's off-topic IMO). I gave the website a quick update, it doesn't LOOK very good, but it gives me an idea to work with. I have still been working on the program, slowly, but still working on it. I am changing the GUI a bit, but I don't have it complete so it doesn't make sense to post a picture yet.

Expect an update in about a week- I am taking it easy and whatnot. Today is also my birthday, so I don't plan to work on it today (I made a poll for birthday-months here https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=10758.0 if you want to vote for your month :)).

Be sure to look at the...updated website http://www.incredisims.com/ and tell me what you think. (I plan on getting better looking tabs soon, those were just a MSPaint job).

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Uninstaller
« Reply #231 on: November 10, 2007, 02:14 PM »
OK- this should make everyone (especially Curt ;)) a little happier. An uninstaller!

This is setup to be downloaded separately when you need it to be used, then just deleted once your done with it. Quick, painless, and explains any problems it encounters to the user. A logical uninstaller.

Test it out and let me know what you think. :) :feedback:

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
AHK coders- help? Please???
« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2007, 12:17 AM »
OK, looking for anyone fluent in AHK to tell me what the heck I am doing wrong here. Spent like...4 days (I think) on this darn thing and it JUST WONT WORK!!! >:( :tellme: :o :'(

The idea is a working loading sequence, that I have accomplished. Everything is great, except...

the loading bar doesn't appear!

(I added comments after the ";" in the code lines explaining what the stuff does, so even if you don't know the AHK language you *might* be able to help) :Thmbsup:
;Loading GUI
 Gui,97: Add, Text, , CompuTech SnapSuite is loading...     ;Adds text "CompuTech SnapSuite is loading" to the window
 Gui,97: Add, Progress, vSnapSuiteLoadingProgress w300 h32     ;Adds (supposedly) the loadingbar, under the variable SnapSuiteLoadingProgress. The bar is 300 pixels wide by 32 tall.
 Gui,97: Show, Center, CompuTech SnapSuite is loading...     ;Shows the window, with the title "CompuTech SnapSuite is loading..." in the center of the screen.
 GuiControl,, SnapSuiteLoadingProgress, +50     ;Makes the progress bar add 50%
 Sleep 5000     ;Sleeps 5 seconds
 ExitApp     ;Exits the testing bar program...whatever you want to call it
(please note: the ExitApp & Sleep 5000 were for testing purposes, so I wouldn't have to wait for it to load the window up EVERY time I tested it (about 50 times so far :o))

Can someone test that and show me it working (or not)? I cannot get it to work, and it is starting to really get me wanting to go scream into a pillow or something (don't ask me why...I don't even know ;D) EDIT: I guess thats what a week of little to no sleep gets you :P

Ideas? Errors? Anything??? :tellme:

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Well I still havn't fixed the darn loading bar...got not idea whats wrong with it. Maybe some time to debug in a "new" program will fix it. :-\ :read:

Anyways...

I haven't stopped working, despite the lower amount of forum posts. I just updated the sequence for SnapSuite's handling of the FileHippo.com Update Checker, and I am going to look into doing a few (little) extra things like that, just to make it that (little) much nicer. :)

Still (and always) taking feedback!

-Brandon

EDIT: I just got done doing a little touch-up work. I took every MsgBox (Message Box) and made it a little more detailed and easier to understand, and then I took the ENTIRE script and SPELL CHECKED it. That was madness. But now I fixed a whopping 2 spelling errors, and have a new dictionary database for checking my AHK scripts. :P Worth it though. :)

EDIT 2: I also removed the F5 and F11 hotkeys from AutoType. These are commonly used keys for other programs, most notably web browsers (F5 refreshes, F11 toggles full-screen). You can notice the large difference in buttons from the GUI (each took ~30 pixels).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 05:37 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Updated version! :D
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2007, 06:47 PM »
Update to above post...

I am stopping at a stable build (Alpha 1 Build #121). This version adds the following...

• Now has easier to understand message boxes.
  • UAC disabler improved
  • Icons moved to center above columns
  • "Media Controls" and "Updates/Help/Donate" sub-columns widened. AutoType and TaskbarTime columns made shorter.
  • Media control buttons are now labeled
  • Media control buttons are now centered at 3 pixels apart
  • Removed F5 and F11 hotkeys from AutoType listings. These keys are usually hotkeys for web browsers, and needed to be removed.
  • Everything spell-checked
  • Loading sequence added, optimized
  • SnapSuite splash screen reduced to 3 seconds
  • Removed some unneeded code
  • JkDefrag Version 3.29 added
  • Some other small stuff I can't remember

Expect Alpha 2 to appear soon with new graphics* and more user-understandable feature updates.

For now, download away (you can use the Updater button "Update SnapSuite" but you will have to fetch the updated JkDefrag manually from either the JkDefrag website (http://www.kessels.c...ag/JkDefrag-3.29.zip) or from the Maze Craze site (http://mazecraze.dci...apSuite/JkDefrag.exe). New users can just download the downloader/installer below.

*New graphics may or may not be completed.

EDIT: Removed link, latest version below (or click here... https://www.donation...=8345.0;attach=24184)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:02 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wolf.b

• Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2007, 08:05 PM »
I added the following line:

Gui,97: Default

like this:

;Loading GUI
 Gui,97: Add, Text, , CompuTech SnapSuite is loading...     ;Adds text "CompuTech SnapSuite is loading" to the window
 Gui,97: Add, Progress, vSnapSuiteLoadingProgress w300 h32     ;Adds (supposedly) the loadingbar, under the variable SnapSuiteLoadingProgress. The bar is 300 pixels wide by 32 tall.
 Gui,97: Show, Center, CompuTech SnapSuite is loading...     ;Shows the window, with the title "CompuTech SnapSuite is loading..." in the center of the screen.
 Gui,97: Default
 GuiControl,, SnapSuiteLoadingProgress, +50     ;Makes the progress bar add 50%

Greetings and get well soon!
Wolf

Schön wär's, wenn's schön wär!

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Build 147 adds new icons!
« Reply #236 on: November 17, 2007, 01:16 AM »
@ Wolf:

What does the Default command do? I am going to give it a try to see if it works but just wondering in the meantime.

@ Everyone:
I was able to get hold of HamRadio and get some amazing new icons for SnapSuite, much better then what there used to be. There are 2 new icons, and that means that there will need to be a new downloader to get the new icons, so I will hold off on releasing it. I am working on adding information about what SystemCare is doing and whatnot anyways, so just sit tight.

I did attach a screenshot if anyone is interested, click below (as always). :)

Expect the new version in a few days time.

-Brandon

EDIT: Yes, it took me 26 tries to get the images exactly where I wanted them.

EDIT 2: Old screenshot, see below for updated one.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:01 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wolf.b

• Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #237 on: November 17, 2007, 09:41 AM »
My interpretation: it will send all subsequent "GuiControl" commands to the now default window (97). Unfortunately there is no warning/error message if the control on the otherwise default window (maybe 1) does not exist. Alternatively the following code might suit your needs even better (I inserted "97:" as first parameter between the two consecutive commas):

;Loading GUI
 GuiControl,97:, SnapSuiteLoadingProgress, +50     ;Makes the progress bar add 50% [Wolf: direct to Gui number 97]

Changes the current thread's default GUI window number, which is used whenever a window number is not specified for GuiControl, GuiControlGet, and the Gui command itself. In the following example, the default window number is changed to two: Gui 2:Default. See thread's default window for more information about the default window.
-AutoHotKey.chm
Creating Multiple GUI Windows
For windows other than the first, the window's number is used as a prefix for the special labels mentioned above; for example, 2GuiEscape and 2GuiClose would be the default labels for the second window. To use custom label names, see Gui +Label.

Each script may have up to 99 GUI windows simultaneously. To operate upon a window number other than the default, include a number followed by a colon in front of the sub-command as in these examples:

Gui, 2:Add, Text,, Text for about-box.
Gui, 2:ShowGui 2:Default can be used to avoid the need for the "2:" prefix above.

Performance might be slightly better for lower window numbers than higher ones.
-AutoHotKey.chm

Greetings
Wolf
Schön wär's, wenn's schön wär!

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Progress (or not) on SnapSuite
« Reply #238 on: November 22, 2007, 01:26 PM »
Just gave the Default control a spin- it works great, except then I can't make all the main GUI items appear. :-\ Can't win them all I guess. I did get the actual progress bar into the loading window though, so that is a step in the right direction.

I also fixed the F5/F11 still not working, so they will now function normally when SnapSuite is running.

For other things I am fixing/working on, see here http://incredisims.c...apsuiteprogress.aspx

-Brandon

EDIT: Just an FYI, it appears Microsoft's grand *cough* web page editor made the page go insane. I will edit again once I fix it...again.

EDIT 2: Fixed
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 01:35 PM by wreckedcarzz »

Ralf Maximus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2007, 05:15 PM »

Wreckedcarzz: Perfection
Twenty-Six Attempts It Took
Perfection achieved.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2007, 06:15 PM »

Wreckedcarzz: Perfection
Twenty-Six Attempts It Took
Perfection achieved.

Hehehe, I am very picky about my work. :)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Checkboxes, text editors and calculators!
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2007, 12:17 PM »
OK, some exciting news! I have been itching to figure out how to do this, and I finally did- make functional checkboxes. :)

This means that SystemCare now can handle a Queue of items! Have it Clean your computer, check for hard drive errors, and reboot. :D

Other than checkboxes...

I was wondering if it would be better to remove the TaskbarTime column and replace it with a small text editor (with Save/Open functionality) and a calculator (or something else)? I seriously doubt anyone used the thing (clock) anyways.

:feedback:

EDIT: PS: Expect an update either today or this weekend! :)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Update
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2007, 01:10 AM »
Informative update!

MultiBar
I took out TaskbarTime and replaced it with MultiBar. MultiBar will have the same icon as TaskbarTime, but here is what now resides in that column (I am looking for more to add as of writing).

Calendar (full-month view) - gives you current day and lets you browse through future/past months
Functional notepad - Save and Open .txt files, and edit them right there. Also has a button to clear text, for temporary notes.

Other than MultiBar...

I have done the following changes:

• Removed EasyProtect
  • Cleaned code a bit (no visible changes)
  • Made program exe smaller
  • Slightly faster
  • Fixed up SystemCare code a bit
  • SystemCare now tells you what it is going to to before it does it (the messages have a 30 second timeout for automation purposes)
  • Improved Microsoft Update process - almost instantly opens
  • Fixed F5/F11 not working while SnapSuite is open
  • Removed Notepad Area from AutoType
  • Windows Defender scans in SystemCare now tell you if you do not have Windows Defender, and provide a link for convenience.

I am still, and always, looking for ideas. Even if it can't be put into SnapSuite, I still might make it. One program doesn't always fit all! :)

-Brandon

EDIT: Grammatical changes

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Build 199 downloadable!
« Reply #243 on: November 26, 2007, 12:31 AM »
Quick (program) update before I go to bed...

SnapSuite Alpha 2 Build 199. Just a couple minor changes from above. Works good, looks good.

I also DID check and make sure that the download/install/initial run sequence went well, and there were no problems. :)

You will need to (again) download a new downloader. This should be the last one, however.

Anyways, I have to go. Enjoy!

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #244 on: November 26, 2007, 10:00 PM »
I decided to post a screenshot because of my quite abrupt post above, not explaining much.

I have added in the text editor & calender, and at the bottom right it says "This program is made possible by the people at DonationCoder.com" :)

One known bug that I need to fix (not a bug, but...): The MultiBar icon will not appear on Non-Vista machines. This is because it is compressed for Vista and other OSes can't read it properly, so it shows the text "MultiBar.ico". I think that is the only thing I need to fix.

On a related note - your input please!

If you would like to see your program added to the AppLaunch area, please post here OR PM me (doesn't matter) with the program name (official name, please) and default install folder/exe location (and exe name). I will add as many as I can, it doesn't take a very long time to do it (it takes ~5 minutes or so per program). :Thmbsup:

So, here is the screenshot (below), the SnapSuite download is directly above (or click here... https://www.donation...=8345.0;attach=24184), and I will remove the old link immediately after posting this.

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New version: less jumble, more productivity
« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2007, 10:54 PM »
Just some information that I have decided to publish to let you all know what I have been doing the last week or so.

There has been no work on SnapSuite past Build 199 as far as functionality goes. What I mean by this is that I have not added any new major features. I have however, done the following.

• Added a tabbed interface!
  • Moved images, should look more natural now
  • All mini "programs" now have their own tab
  • SnapSuite will include a basic web browser
  • The GUI is (as of writing) about 1/2 its previous size. The final size is expected to be about 1/4 the size of build 199

I plan on adding more error messages (so you don't get this jumble of random commands from AHK when something goes wrong) but it may not be done, as the GUI redesign is quite a pain. I would post a screenshot but there is *nothing* interesting right now.

I hope to be done with the tabbed version in about a week.

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
More info & SmartBrowse introduction
« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2007, 05:08 PM »
Back again with a little more information for anyone whom is so inclined to read it...

I have been programming all day (including in class :-[) and have the whole thing almost done. Still, anything anyone wants to see added in, changed, reviewed, etc can feel free to contact me. Anyways, here is what I have accomplished (in addition to the above post)...

- Added all images in (some are not properly positioned yet, but it is almost done)
 - Added credit where credit is due for those of you that are active here on this topic/have helped me in any way (see your DonationCoder name in the About tab soon!)
 - Fixed code more (I seem to find a problem/something that could be better every time I get ready for a new update, but thats a good thing (right?))
 - Added some memory-saving features
 - SmartBrowse (integrated web browser) is now fully-functional (more on this below)
 - Looked over most features for bugs, everything looks good so far
 - Repositioned some things in the GUI (ex: buttons are now 8 pixels below one another, groupboxes are 5 pixels away from each other, etc)
 - Added bold text on the SystemCare "Execute Commands" button, as well as bold/underlined "thank you" note on About tab.

So, its not a lot, but progress is progress! :) (Speaking of progress, I need that loading bar too!)

Now, about this SmartBrowse...

How it started:
Spoiler
I was fiddling around on the Autohotkey website (http://www.autohotkey.com/) and I am always on the hunt for new, cool things to add. I love adding new things :P. But I stumbed on a page giving instructions on adding a webpage into a GUI. I read through about 3 pages of information (and understood about 1/2 of it) before copy/pasting and editing to test out how this all worked.

About a week later, I redid about 75% of the code, and tested it out. 3 weeks later, I have a fully functional web browser that is now added to SnapSuite.

What it is:
Spoiler
It is totally functional (personal data handling capabilities are unknown as of this time, however you CAN login to websites, so cookies are working) EXTREMELY bare-bones web browser. It loads pages, goes back, forward, stops, reloads, goes home, and...thats about it. It closes too! ;D It is meant for the person who doesn't want any (and I mean ANY, even the navigation bar is hidden) bars, addons, or other crap in their way. It maximizes screen real-estate and gives a really interesting twist on a web browser in the days of litterally pages of addons and options to do "anything you want" on the web.

Summary of SmartBrowse:
It goes, it works, and thats all it was designed to do. It browses and does what you tell it, and thats all. It also does not have a tabbed interface, this may be added later, but I am not sure. :-\ (Personally, I still use Firefox, but I do open SmartBrowse myself if I am testing new code and need to check something on the web.)

As stated above- ideas/feedback welcome! :)

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SnapSuite '08 RC1 Available NOW!
« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2007, 06:40 PM »
A new update, but the end is coming closer. Only 25 more days until the final version! :)

So far, I have gotten basically everything done. I dumped the help file, and in its place, most tabs have information as to what that tab does, and how you can work with it.

The GUI looks really good and professional, and fits comfortably on 1024x768 (as does SmartBrowse).

The loading sequence is a lot smarter than it used to be, it shows the SnapSuite logo (from my sig) while loading (note: first time use will require you to click a couple option windows before the SnapSuite logo hides).

This also adds the new CCleaner 2.03, as well as the brand new (released yesterday!) JkDefrag version (3.32 I believe)

-----

So here it is:

SnapSuite 08 RC1 - all ready for general use.

You can install it and expect no problems (same with updating, get the new installer/updater below) and novice users should have no problems getting it up and running. This is basically a "final run" for bugs, errors, or other things.

You can download the installer below (see bottom of this post).

-----

If you experience problems with anything in the new version, let me know. XP users still will see a blank space for the MultiBar icon, and no one will see the SmartBrowse icon (as it does not exist yet).

Enjoy!!! :D

-Brandon

EDIT: It has come to my attention that some people may get an "EXE Corrupted" error message after GetRightToGo downloads SnapSuite.exe. If this occurs, you may either

1) Run the downloader again
or
2) Go to http://mazecraze.dci...pSuite/SnapSuite.exe, save this file to your desktop, go to C:\Program Files\CompuTech SnapSuite and replace the corrupted exe with the new SnapSuite.exe that you saved to your desktop.

I am sorry about this, and I have had it happen myself, so I know it is some strange bug in GetRightToGo. I will check for updates to that tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:24 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
List of changes to come/to-do list
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2007, 09:23 PM »
Well, a few days have passed and not much changed. I do have a list of things I want to complete before my 12/29/07 @ 12:59:59PM deadline, however.

(Just an FYI, this is direct from my personal notes so I will elaborate on each one (to do item/information is separated by a dash) that needs info).
  • clean up G controls, make shorter - make the commands linked to the buttons/checkboxes more logical (code based only, no end-user effect)
  • make sure no unneeded controls are left - remove unneeded buttons/items from GUI (along with their commands)
  • remove help button/control - remove the help button from the About tab
  • get icon for SmartBrowse - pretty self-explanatory...
  • add toolbar to smartbrowse - attempt to move the toolbar into the main GUI window of SmartBrowse
  • fix smartbrowse enter key problem - the Enter key doesn't work in the SmartBrowse window :huh:
  • combine update with welcome screen??? - just put the updater controls in the welcome screen
  • add auto updater - attempt to auto-update check at every start
  • add more descriptive information to user - self-explanatory...
  • add automatic maintenance exes for scheduler usage - make EXEs that need no user input for use in Windows Scheduler
  • make logo fade in/out - self-explanatory...

Some may notice that the auto-start with Windows has been pulled from my to-do list- it will not be a feature in SnapSuite (you can schedule it to auto start if you desire).

I have been working, lightly, on the code, but nothing major. I basically want to have the MultiBar icon XP (and previous) compatable, get an icon for SmartBrowse, and make the updater automatic. Those are my top priorities.

Ideas, suggestions...etc: PM me :)

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CompuTech InstantSweep
« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2007, 01:17 AM »
Its time for a change of pace- I am trying really hard to finish up SnapSuite, but other than that, I have been working a little on this tiny app. It lets you clean 5 points of your Vista PC (4 for XP users) in a couple seconds (in my experience). Run it, click it, and leave it. It even closes itself when its done :).

"CompuTech InstantSweep" cleans the Recycle Bin, Temp folder, Temporary internet files, the (Vista) Downloads folder, and your cookies. I want to add more folders to clean up, so if anyone could give me a couple to add I can put them in really quick.

This app adds a new ability for new users - if you don't know what something is (say, you don't know what a cookie is): click the text! Just click and learn!

You can download it below and give it a go; single EXE (no icon either, to keep the file size down).

Enjoy!

-Brandon

P.S.: I also have another little mini program like this that I will most likely combine together wih InstantSweep- keep watching this thread!