topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 11:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Remember: DonationCredits are for Giving  (Read 8239 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Remember: DonationCredits are for Giving
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:36 AM »
This post is your reminder that you may be sitting on a gold mine of non-interest bearing donationcredit just waiting for you to give out  ;D

When you donate to this site, your donation is "credited" back to your account, for you to give out as you see fit.

We hope you will give some of it to the general site account, which helps pay our substantial server fees and expenses, and then give some of your credits to people on the forum whose work you want to support.

• If you are a fan of one or more of our software programs, we hope you will donate to the author of those programs.   If you like the Coding Snacks section of our forum, we hope you will donate to the coders who participate there.  If someone makes a post that helps you, or writes a review you like, send them a little as a way of saying thank you.
  • Sometimes someone on our forum might even ask for a little help to afford something to help them keep creating stuff.  In a world where business vultures are securing multi-million dollar investments from venture capitalists, we hope you can spare a few nickels to help a teenager buy a $25 copy of a programming tool, as wreckedcarzz recently asked for help to do here.  I hope you'll look on such requests favorably.  Again, you don't have to donate a lot -- I hope we all can get into the habit of just sending a tiny bit here and there and work as a team to support deserving projects.

You can donate as little as 1 cent, and often you'll find that it's not the amount that matters to the recipient, but simply the gesture.

Whenever you see a gold coin next to a user on our forum, just click on it to give them some credits.

You can read more about DonationCredits here -- DonationCoder.com is one of only a handfull of micro-donation supported sites in the world.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:38 AM by mouser »

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Remember: DonationCredits are for Giving
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:39 AM »
So true, and thanks for all the folks here at DC who make this a good place to come back to... over and over. I'm grateful I discovered this place. If not, who would you programmers have to keep you honest?! ha!! No really, whether it's answering a question or curing my ignorance or having someone like KenR share his great software finds, there's nowhere else like it.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Thanks for the reminder! I wonder how many of us have been sitting on a small fortune?

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 05:00 PM »
I realized I had bunch lying around... almost feel guilty about cashing out some for myself :-[, but going to Copenhagen and back to see Nine Inch Nails drained my account this month :(

I still have $20 donationcredits left though, and I think this could be a decent case...

- carpe noctem

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 09:11 PM »
...or curing my ignorance or having someone like KenR share his great software finds...

Thanks Zaine! That's very kind of you.
Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

lrosebur

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member