topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: What's your favorite eBay/auction helping software?  (Read 47785 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
What's your favorite eBay/auction helping software?
« on: March 19, 2007, 10:58 PM »
I want to start a thread about ebay/auction helping software from those who use such tools..  There are some really great ones I know.

Anyone want to volunteer to help me build a nice list with screenshots and info for these tools similar to what tomos did for disc cataloguers: here?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: What's your favorite eBay/auction helping software?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 07:06 PM »
No one here uses any ebay helper software?

Here's a very cool free one i discovered recently, called AuctionSieve.  Seems pretty darn cool to me.

Just using search keywords is not enough. Let me tell you a secret  - the real bargains are often hidden behind bad auction titles! But who has the time to wade through every item in an ebay category looking for these. There's always lots of stuff you know you're not interested in. What if you could instantly get rid of these things? That's what AuctionSieve does!
You're often still left with a mighty long list. And that's where AuctionSieve really goes to work. It prioritises the rest of the auctions according to your criteria - and it's a snap to set up!
All the items are -
    *   filtered (instantly hide junk you're not interested in)
    *   grouped in a recognisable way
    *   in order of importance
If you only have a short amount of time at the end of the day to check the closing auctions, you can just scan the important top few items in the generated list -  drastically reducing your time spent searching eBay. Still want to use just regular ebay searches? AuctionSieve can do that too. Save an unlimited number of searches. Combine the results from multiple searches.

http://www.auctionsieve.com

general-winxp.jpgWhat's your favorite eBay/auction helping software?

taichimaster

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 07:53 PM »
Well long time ago, I have used some sort of sniping tool before :)  Bid with just a few seconds left to maximize chance of winning *grins*

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 08:07 PM »
Yes there are some good sniping and tracking tools as well.  The one i know most is AuctionTamer:

AuctionTamer is a unique multi-site auction software program that allows you to do your homework before snatching that great buy, and also takes the hassle out of selling with the added Sellers add-on.  AuctionTamer supports eBay US, eBay Austria, eBay Australia, eBay Canada, eBay France, eBay Germany, eBay Italy, eBay Netherlands, eBay United Kingdom, eBay Stores, eBay Motors, Amazon US, Amazon UK, Yahoo US, uBid, Bidville, GunBroker and many others.  Click here for a complete list of supported sites.  AuctionTamer works with foreign currencies and international regional settings.  The Sellers add-on for AuctionTamer includes a complete  Auction Posting module with enhanced scheduling and many post auction management features!

*  Unique tabbed browser.  Easily switch between internet sites with one click.
    * Accurate eBay clock (synchronizes with eBay Time and does not adjust your system clock).
    * Fully customizable watch list that allows you to add your own columns.
    * Last Bid, number of Bids & High Bidder are updated automatically.
    * Auction items in the list are color coded by auction site for easy recognition.
    * Quick buttons for seller feedback, other seller items & bid history.
    * Tabs to organize your watch list into 8 categories (Open, Closed, Won, Other, Selling, Sold, Not Sold & Seller Other)
    * Reserve not met indicator.
    * Drag and Drop auction items for easier adding from search lists.
    * Auto Login - Just press a browser tab and AuctionTamer will load the web page fill in your login info and submit the page.
    * Save/Print Web Page.

My experience with AuctionTamer is that it is an extremely powerful intuitive tool.  However it's moved more and more to becoming an expensive pay-per-month service and so i think it's really only for hardcore daily auction users.

http://www.auctiontamer.com

screen40.gifWhat's your favorite eBay/auction helping software?

botkachenko

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 10:35 PM »
Here is one more very solid and probably most famous eBay snipping software: Auction Sentry. There are Standard and Deluxe editions available for $14.95 (one time fee) and $24.95 (one year license fee) respectively. The main difference is that Deluxe version features embedded web browser and more convenient way to represent you personal list of items. After testing period I purchased Deluxe version and absolutely content with it. Helped to save a lot of money already ;)

DeluxeScreenIllustration_Vista.gifWhat's your favorite eBay/auction helping software?
DeluxeBrowser_Vista.gifWhat's your favorite eBay/auction helping software?

Another option is BayGenie eBay Auction Sniper Pro Edition ($14.95 One time Charge, Free version available), but I find it somewhat not stable...

skywalka

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 11:54 AM »
I used to use one of these programs (Auction Tamer maybe?)

Later I discovered a free webservice that did all that I required: http://www.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm
If all you want to do is bid on less than 3 auctions a week, I highly recommend it.

Earthcoder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 01:03 PM »
Netvibes Or google Addon - Coggy

coggy.jpg

myCooqy is a free eBay Web 2.0 search widget.
Surf eBay faster, especially if you use a dial-up modem. Cooqy's filtering technology sends up to 50x less data than eBay, for faster surfing.
Search for eBay items using Shipping and Handling criteria, or by Total Price. Find items with free shipping, and avoid cheap items with high shipping fees!
Custom bargain-hunting search engines let you find misspelled items (hint: many items on eBay are misspelled and overlooked), no-reserve auctions about to end with zero bids, and newly listed Buy-It-Now item bargains.
Save and group your favorite searches.
Plot item locations on an integrated Yahoo! Map.
Inspect item photos with built-in magnifiers...great for coin and stamp collectors!
Registered users can chat with each other and share feedback about items and sellers without fear of feedback retaliation.

myCooqy is free and supports eBay USA, Australia, UK, Canada, and India.

I use on netvibes - http://eco.netvibes....better-ebay-shopping
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 03:08 PM by Earthcoder »

Earthcoder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 01:06 PM »
SpoonFeeder
http://www.spoonfeeder.com/

Listing Tool

spoon.gif

Quickly and easily generate professional advertisements, auction listings, and item for-sale listings using an advanced template technology.
Supports creating and posting listings to eBay auctions, eBay fixed price auctions, eBay Stores and eBay Motors.
Provides user control of font typeface, size, color and style including bold, italic, underline, strike-through, marquee, slide, alternate and scroll.
Create flawless sales descriptions with the integrated spell checker and thesaurus.
Manage a database of reusable phrases and description to speed up the creation of numerous similar items.
Easily include and organize photos of the item for sale.
Upload photos automatically with integrated FREE picture hosting.
Enhance photos with resize, rotate, brightness, sharpen, crop, and adjust color saturation.
Load, save, edit and print world class item listings.
Preview and quickly revise item listings.
Format with custom description footer for standard buyer instructions.
Generates html web code for export to private web sites or on-line shopping systems.
Post listings automatically and on-demand directly to major auction and commerce sites of your choice.
Schedule your listings to start automatically at any date and time.
Start standard auctions repetitively, according to your schedule with inventory integration.

I use this With my own FTP settings for Uploading Stuff to ebay with loads of photos for free

Earthcoder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 01:08 PM »
Auctiva
http://www.auctiva.com/

Listing Tool Online

auctiva.gif

It's free.
Free image hosting. Free templates. Free scheduling.
Free online auction software. Free storefront and scrolling gallery.
 It's easy.
Easy to get started, easy to use, easy to understand.
 Save time.
Auctiva offers world-class reliability with distributed architecture, allowing better auction management when eBay servers are down.
 Earn more.
Increase your bottom line with Auctiva’s innovative revenue-sharing features.

I use this when at work and wanna list something quick.

Earthcoder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 01:14 PM »
TimeLeft

http://www.timeleft.info/

timeleft.jpg

This Program has a Auction Watch Section That Loads the ebay page for you 2mins before the item is due, also shows a desktop timer to count down

"Auction Watch - you can watch and manage your online auctions (ebay etc.) using Auction Watch module"

I used to use this program to countdown spawn times in games mainly but my dad used for ebay watch.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 03:09 PM by Earthcoder »

Earthcoder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 01:16 PM »
Just a quick Link i found in my faves
http://www.auctionsoftwarereview.com/
Some good Reviews there on auction tools

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 01:35 PM »
Great to have some fresh participation in this thread, and welcome to the site Earthcoder  :up:

ps. in the future, rather than linking to offsite images, the preferred method on this forum is to "attach" the image inside your post (see bottom on bottom of the post message form) -- it's better for the forum since it means the pictures are available forever, and the other sites prefer it.

Earthcoder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 02:48 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and tip on images, edited and fixed the threads.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 02:51 PM »
another tip is if you want to put the image at a specific place in your message just add the line
[attach=1][/attach]
where you want the attached image to display.

NewKreation

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Evangelism Resources
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 03:02 PM »
My favorite is Auction Chief.

Auction Chief is now freeware. I use Auction Chief every day and I plan to keep it working. Auction Chief makes you a more efficient eBay buyer by allowing you to ignore auctions that you aren't interested in....

It saves my watch list, ignore list, and searches in the program directory making it great to use on my USB drive. However, I did notice a couple of registry entries that don't seem to do anything.

http://howdy2u.home....ionchief2/index.html
Evangelism - Just Do It!

fhayes

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 03:16 PM »
I've been using JBidWatcher and I love it. Best of all it's FREE  :up:
It has user definable tabs to keep track of different auction groups (either in progress or completed). The sniping feature works very well. The user interface is lightweight, easy to navigate and customizable. Time Sync with Ebay servers. Can set up a table of multiple searches, each of which can be scheduled as either one time or on a repeat timer. 

The author states at the bottom of the home page "Unlike other bid management software, it is EXTREMELY flexible in its formatting, which has let it survive with virtually no changes to the web-page extraction code over the last two years of eBay's constant fluctuation of formatting.

This has been a source of frustration for me using other tools, and I am impressed that JBidWatcher has worked so well for me for so long without any bugs or problems that I've seen. I'm not usually a fan of Java programs, but this one has been a winner for me.
Check it out..

http://www.jbidwatcher.com/

ellios

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Hello everyone - This is my first post on here, I came across this forum and decided that I would join in as eBay is a popular website (Or at least I like it).  Anyway, I came across a website called AuctionPixie a while ago and they basically offer their members a few things free, such as:

* Automatic Feedback (free if you use the gallery or insert a link)
* A free scrolling gallery for your items - which automatically inserts.
* A misspelled item finder for eBay, so that I can find some good bargains.

I think there are some other things too, but they are the main ones I think.  Anyway, the link to the website is here:

http://www.auctionpixie.co.uk/

A screen capture can be viewed here:

auctionpixie-screencap.jpgWhat's your favorite eBay/auction helping software?

Good luck if you deciede to try it, I think its worth while, but each to their own.  Compliments on the forums too, they are really good!  :D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 06:44 PM »
Welcome ellios  :up:

Seems like we are starting to get some good new discoveries here in this thread.. Anyone feel like volunteering to do a big auction tool review?  :)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 12:33 AM »
Oh carp I'm having way too much fun with eBay thanks to this thread.

eBay will nickel and dime me to death.  :(

masu

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 02:58 AM »
nothing. I don't buy/sell much over ebay, just a few parts a month, so I needn't an extra tool for ebay
Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7

FiarHors

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 08:26 PM »
Auction Sentry Deluxe has worked well for me for the past 2 years.  Easy to use. :up:

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 05:54 PM »
I've been using JBidWatcher and I love it. Best of all it's FREE  :up:
It has user definable tabs to keep track of different auction groups (either in progress or completed). The sniping feature works very well. The user interface is lightweight, easy to navigate and customizable. Time Sync with Ebay servers. Can set up a table of multiple searches, each of which can be scheduled as either one time or on a repeat timer. 

The author states at the bottom of the home page "Unlike other bid management software, it is EXTREMELY flexible in its formatting, which has let it survive with virtually no changes to the web-page extraction code over the last two years of eBay's constant fluctuation of formatting.

This has been a source of frustration for me using other tools, and I am impressed that JBidWatcher has worked so well for me for so long without any bugs or problems that I've seen. I'm not usually a fan of Java programs, but this one has been a winner for me.
Check it out..

http://www.jbidwatcher.com/

sir I use this too, but why I cant have the shipping column displayed?

Mark0

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mark's home
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 06:58 AM »
Gixen - eBay Sniper, an online service. Helped a lot of times!  :Thmbsup:

Bye!

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2007, 06:49 PM »
Munnin

I enjoyed the 'ebay categories' feature alot and the 'enter your location to calculate shipping costs'
if you find these in another program please inform me

thanks
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 06:51 PM by kalos »

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 07:13 PM »
is there a software that I can search all ebay sites (.co.uk, .fr, etc) at the same time?