topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Concerning posts subscription mod  (Read 25608 times)

gri

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • Space Human
    • View Profile
    • SMF2+ EDITGIFT
    • Donate to Member
Concerning posts subscription mod
« on: January 08, 2007, 03:50 AM »
   >Winding<
   ~Concerning posts subscription~ mod
<< http://gri.sunshineh...pic=89.msg119#msg119
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 03:52 AM by gri »

gri

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • Space Human
    • View Profile
    • SMF2+ EDITGIFT
    • Donate to Member
Re: Concerning posts subscription mod
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 01:32 AM »
{
I want to work on some art projects with friends as ideas occur to us
-[url=https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=6949.msg48536#msg48536][size=2][u]gsull in ~Need a very simple group brainstorming site~[/u][/size][/url]

Surely there are sites like this so let's hear some more suggestions.
-[url=https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=6949.msg48585#msg48585][size=2][u]mouser in ~Need a very simple group brainstorming site~[/u][/size][/url]
}

But i still do not understand it fully.
-[url=http://gri.sunshinehost.net/index.php?topic=98.msg135#msg135][size=2][u]dcmouser in ~I seek help understanding windings~[/u][/size][/url]

mouser,

you are not subscribed to
   ~Concerning posts subscription~ feature
<< http://gri.sunshineh...pic=89.msg119#msg119 ..

because we have not yet developed such a mod.

http://gri.sunshineh...pic=89.msg120#msg120
Also assume that mouser is not obligatorily subscribed to
the Board of topic posting
-[url=http://gri.sunshinehost.net/index.php?topic=89.msg120#msg120][size=2][u]gri in ~Concerning posts subscription mod~[/u][/size][/url]

You are really not subscribed to the board of that new topics posting.

Thus you may certainly miss notifications of the posts
(so more that they could be posted to another board originally)

which concern you (in post author opinion)
<< http://gri.sunshineh...ic=100.msg138#msg138 .

In other words - subscription to winding topics
                 is not enough condition
for providing a steady contact
between the members of a distributed congenial group

The absence of your toogrik results in the necessity
of posting only to those topics you have already posted to..
again not more than assuming only
that you have set subscription to topics with your posts.

Pay attention that now (after your registration at grivitation forum)
you may equally reply either to any of the winding topics

or to my toogrik..
if you would have your own toogrik too.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 03:54 AM by gri »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 01:39 AM »
I have just begun my study of grivitation on your forum
 and although my eyes have been opened to many concepts
 the thinking is still someone unlike the way my mind works
 and i have not yet figured out the mystery of toogriks
 or where on the grivitation forum i am to post.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 08:06 AM »
{{ >>>
Indeterminate logistically services infrared integer femtosecond. Transmission kilohertz frequency controller proxy reflective ethernet software supporting device infrared arrray software prototype coordinated. Record reducer, data high sequential analog reflective led sequential. Integer patch video capacitance procedural transponder scan element analog broadband dithering or analog extended element. Bus cascading element overflow read-only transmission disk harmonic feedback phase. Capacitance port services prototype distributed in sampling log. Services generator network processor network for, boolean proxy, frequency sampling computer transistorized. Kilohertz extended includes, transponder, proxy computer technician, debugged.

Connectivity, silicon inversion infrared prompt potentiometer, cascading. Infrared port processor element, indeterminate femtosecond sampling floating-point. Data software phaselock potentiometer services servicing record interface, femtosecond transmission inversion, reducer. Or extended audio read-only video fragmentation bus plasma network for potentiometer plasma phase. Transponder computer femtosecond technician recursive, floating-point log cascading. Computer indeterminate integer converter capacitance bridgeware with.

Arrray data logarithmic, for, integral network inversion technician procedural interface proxy phaselock, femtosecond. Pulse, data with disk gigabyte port prompt integer.

} } <<

:P

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Haha, tinjaw - I was thinking somewhat along the same lines. At least something making as much sense 8)
- carpe noctem

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 08:58 PM »
In all seriousness, i decided to study a bit about gri's world, and you might be surprised to know that there is some logic too it.  In fact I suspected there was some method to the madness for quite some time - and i had one of those rare moments of happiness that one gets when one is willing to take a walk through alice's looking glass where few are willing to venture, only to discover there are some new laws and theories to enjoy.

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 09:03 PM »
I'm intrigued as well and just like you, I can't put my finger on it, but there really is something out there... :-\
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:54 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 09:17 PM »
You can learn more about gri's weird world of grivitiniks, grivitoutiks, windings here:
http://gri.megasmf.c...x.php?topic=69.msg93

I don't pretend to understand it all. I view it like traveling to another planet and trying to learn the language.

However I will report a couple of tidbits i have learned.

Here is the basic theory of grivitiniks, grivitoutiks which you see in gri's posts.
I think the basic motivation comes from communications involving MULTIPLE forums.

Gri talks about the problem that occurs when a user makes a post on one forum thread, linking to a post on another thread (if you dig deeper into his forum there are much more complex reasons why this happens a lot there).

Ok so say gri makes a post here above on this thread, pointing to a post in his forum.

He uses this symbol (grivitoutik):
<<
to indiccate that to discuss this issue more, you should do it on the LINKED site (forum), not in the current thread.

If he were posting a link and wanting us to discuss it here, he would use a (grivitinik) >>.

That's just a flavor of what's going on.

>Windings< are about having people subscribe to both threads on both forums so it doesn't matter any more where you post.  But i'm not sure completely how they work.  There are more complicated rules to on the grivitation forum but i don' understand them all yet.

From reading a bit on grivitation i feel almost like it was created after some cosmological signularity event involving gri getting banned from smf..  my working theory is that that event caused an entire new system of grivitation to be created.

The following thread MIGHT be a clue as to the origins but i am not sure.
{
>> http://gri.megasmf.c...index.php?topic=88.0
}

If you would like to apply for a grant to study grivitation, please contact me.

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 09:33 PM »
The concept of forums + the Internet = Grivitation?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:55 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 10:03 PM »
Yes i think that's part of it.  Just keep in mind i'm not promising that gri is not insane.  There are a whole bunch of strange things going on at grivitations.  But i am saying there are interesting things to discover.

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 12:57 AM »
Genius has often and historically been the result of creativity touched with "insanity."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:57 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 06:18 AM »
His whole concept is flawed. Threads exist in different forums for a very good reason. Communities. I don't want to be a part of some uber-mega-forum that includes everybody. There are thousands upon thousands of disparate forums on the Internet and just as many reasons why they are separate forums.

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 06:43 PM »
That's only one side of this coin. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:58 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 11:05 PM »
From what I can see, Gri is an often misunderstood guy.

Almost anywhere he posts, there are those that think what he has to say is nonsense and they delete his posts...posts that Gri feels contains valuable information.

So Gri now makes his posts where he feels they are safe...his own forum. They won't be deleted there. Then he links to his posts in a rather unusual way on other forums.

If these posts on other forums linking to his on his own forum are deleted by forum admins, the original information from the post on his forum is still safe.

I have seen posts by Gri on other forums related to the true meaning of the term "free speech".

What Gri posts is often a bit confusing, but not always. This is partly due to the fact that he has a little trouble with English. (it's not his native language) It is also due to people having a lack of patience, and also because they are unwilling to really try to understand what he's trying to say.

If you take the time to understand, you might see it's not all nonsense and it actually makes sense...a lot of sense sometimes. Some of it is even genius, in my opinion.

Don't bash the guy for thinking outside the box. Where would we be today if nobody dared to think differently? Most of the technology we enjoy and depend on today, came from people that thought outside the box...people like Gri.  :)

btw...it is my understanding that he wasn't really banned from the smf forum. He 'bans' himself, as a public display of disapproval of intolerant people, if I understand it correctly.

Wordzilla

• Forum Search Daemon
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Two there should be; no more, no less.
    • View Profile
    • FreeThesaurus.net - The Free Online Synonym Finder
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 03:22 AM »
app103:

You have a good point there.

However what if someday you, or more broadly, other folks here, would have to see such posts on DonationCoder forum all over?

Wordzilla

• Forum Search Daemon
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Two there should be; no more, no less.
    • View Profile
    • FreeThesaurus.net - The Free Online Synonym Finder
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 03:49 AM »
I have seen posts by Gri on other forums related to the true meaning of the term "free speech".

You mentioned two of his posts:

http://talkinter.net...opic=3.msg131#msg131

To be honest, if his posts on DC forum show the same spirits and courtesy as in his above posts, I hope I can be the first one to welcome him to our forum.  :)

From what I see here, he's an "embittered" person, like what Farmsteader said, who is (in my opinion) -

1.  Trying to communicate in a way that effectively forces folks here to share his feelings/philosophy/ideology and/or eccentricity.

2.  If #1 does not work, just be an annoyance and gradually get attention anyway, won't hurt him/her anything.

Ruffnekk

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Uhm yeah...
    • View Profile
    • RuffNekk's Crypto Pages
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 08:38 AM »
Well I have also taken a look inside his world and I must say it's all very logic and clear to me. I can understand why gri has invented such a system and I can clearly see the advantages of using it. On the other hand, gri should realize that people will not easily adapt to a system that uses a naming convention from outer space and is almost impossible to apply practically.

On another note I would like to tell gri that even though he fully understands his system and is willing to enforce it no matter what, he would probably achieve much more by explaining in clear language why he thinks his system is superior to the conventional methods used. Gri, if you want to achieve anything here with the nice people on DC I would start by introducing yourself and your philosophies about posting without actually using your methods. If you can convince people that it will work, why it should be used and that is has advantages, then you can make agreements on naming conventions, symbols and related things.

I think a lot of people on DC are interested in development, whether it be programming code or thinking of systems to work more efficiently. Therefore your system may be accepted if you are willing to develop it instead of enforcing it.

I hope you can reply by not using a link only. What do you think?
Regards,
RuffNekk

Programming is an art form that fights back.