2 people, one old, other young mother. Old won't be around many more years, fine with computer, has a paid web hosted account.
Mother fine on android phone, not really interested in computers.
to easily create a (roughly daily) record of new vocab, behaviours etc of 2 year old child for long term viewing within the family only, using android/windows s/w (NO apple)
1. MUST be able to easily retrieve the data (to text files preferably) at a later date when old person (me) gone
2. Both people must be able to independently "post" the info - probably like daily thoughts. Her thru android phone, me thru either android phone or computer
3. In the past I've set up wordpress blogs, with ability to email posts to blog. But I'm ruling out wordpress as the mother won't be able to extract the posts from the wp database
(I know it's possible, but it won't get done if I'm not around)
4. prefer to use my hosted service for safety. I do have a (new) synology NAS but I don't know enough about it yet to know whether it might provide part of a solution
5. I don't trust commercial online services, so not looking in that direction. I want more control/ownership of the files
Suggestions would be appreciated thanks