topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Adobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et  (Read 8500 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I will be releasing these as part of NANY 2022:

Code is now available on github: https://github.com/dcmouser/jrPremiere

Some of you know I've gone pretty far down the rabbit hole of video editing for my latest project, a Boardgame YouTube channel (see this thread).

I've actually spent a lot of time creating custom After Effects (motion graphic) scripts and templates for the channel, to speed up the process of creating nice looking edits and overlays.

This week I decided to learn how to code an Adobe Premiere extension, to automate the generation of YouTube timestamps and to make it easier to navigate around the interesting parts of nested sequences.

Here's a teaser screenshot of my extension called "TimeStamper":

TimeStamperSampleOutput.pngAdobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et

From the README:

Scans your active sequence and builds a timestamp list of "notable" clips and mogrt item times in your active sequence.
Mogrt items are listed with text field values.
The timestamp list is presented on the extension panel as a clickable list to quickly jump to locations.
The timestamp list is exported to a timestamp text file in your project directory in YouTube timestamp format, for easy copy+paste into a YouTube video description to provice clickable timestamp links for your video.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 02:34 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
And my second extension, again designed to automate another thing I do a LOT of in my editing, "SoundFxAdder":
SampleOutput.pngAdobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et

It scans a sequence looking for mogrts, graphic still images, or text overlays (which some options for filtering them based on type, etc.), and then can insert an AudioClip synchronized to them.

This is something I have been doing by hand to give a little "bloop" sound whenever something interesting is editing on screen.

Will work in batch mode or show you a list and let you jump around and individually add with a click, and features some safety checking to make sure you don't overwrite some existing audio.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 01:21 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another extension coded:
Multicam Deluxe

This one is a doozy -- it automates the elaborate process I use to turn dual (multi) camera footage into a sequence with a 3rd virtual camera angle that is top down with a small front inset picture-in-picture, and some other helper stuff for that.

SampleOutput.pngAdobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 01:21 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another extension coded:
CFT

Automates the process of inserting a freeze-frame retro-style intro:
SampleOutput.pngAdobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et cansorbleep.pngAdobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et

Plus does a few more things that I commonly do, to make editing my videos easier.  Like saving an increasing version# in the file, exporting thumbnail images, rendering for youtube with the project filename, etc.

[UPDATED 10/15/21]
Updated screenshot to show a couple more new items added to this extension:
  • A censor-bleep action that adds keyframes to drop the volume around the playhead, and add a mogrt that plays a beep sound and shows a censor bar over the person's mouth.
  • And a simple action that applies a sound fx processing to the audio clips that I use for sound reduction if I record with A/C running.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 01:22 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A minor new extension coded:
Preflight

"This extension helps facilitate doing manual preflight checks of your sequence to look for problems.
Scans the active sequence according to your options and makes a list of timestamps of potentially interesting items, that you can easily jump to and select.
In essence, this extension reuses the code from my Timestamper extension but with it's own independent options to make it easier for you to configure it to list only timeline objects that are important to you.
The list of timeline events makes it easier to jump around and check for any problems.
For example, I find that I occasionally have mistakes in my multicamera edits where I zoom in on a clip and erroneously switch to a different camera; I can use the Preflight extension to find all clips with special effects (including zooms), and then rapidly select them each in turn to check that they are correct.
Pressing the preview POI button will jump to the next interesting timestamp in the list and play a section around this timestamp.  Or hit "Preview all" to have it play through each point of interest in order.  In this way you can very quickly preview all of the transitions, mogrts, etc. without having to rewatch the entire video.
"

Screenshot.pngAdobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 01:22 PM by mouser »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm wondering where are these available?
And are they getting the attention they deserve (they sound very helpful to youtubers)...

PS I not a youtuber, and have never used Premiere
Tom
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 01:16 PM by tomos »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
They are not released yet.. I was thinking of releasing for this year's NANY..

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If anyone here is a Premiere user on an apple mac product, drop me a message --- it would be nice to test out these tools on that platform.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another small one, ZoomKeys:
Screenshot.pngAdobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et

Simple extension that takes a clip that has a static scale/position setting, and animates some keyframes for the clip based on those values.  It can create a pleasant zoom-in, zoom-out, or combination.
Normally when I have the mental energy I will create such an effect myself when I want to show in a zoomed-in area, but more often I get lazy and just cut to a zoomed-in view.  So this automates that process.

note: it currently does not support easing, since that API is not working for the current Adobe Premiere.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 01:23 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Edited the above posts to add (draft) videos for each extension to show how they work and how to use them.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
My plan is to open source them all for NANY 2022.

I will have to decide before then if these videos are good enough or if it's worth the time and effort to remake them.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Moves this thread to NANY 2022 section as I will be releasing these extensions freely for NANY 2022.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Code is now available on github:
https://github.com/dcmouser/jrPremiere

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just a little warning: My MulticamDeluxe extension makes use of the awesome FeatheredCrop plugin for Adobe Premiere (https://www.creative....com/feathered-crop/), but that plugin seems to have been broken with the latest Premiere release.
I may add a workaround that will crop using built-in crop filter in Adobe premiere (but without the nice border provided by FeatheredCrop) in the near future.
Hopefully they will fix it soon.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Update: Feathered Crop author has created an update which works well again, hooray!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Minor update to my extensions posted to github to better let you filter out MOGRT from normal video clips in the TimeStamper and SoundFxAdder extensions.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Featured on the awesome VideoRevealed YouTube channel today:
https://www.youtube..../watch?v=Hc5TDhNW8zI

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Instant fame!  :Thmbsup: :)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Featured on the awesome VideoRevealed YouTube channel today:

Some people having trouble -- from the comments (in case you haven't seen):
"Cant use it: in my configuration, the text inside the TimeSampler windows is black on a black background... The same for all the extensions.
An idea?"
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Some people having trouble -- from the comments (in case you haven't seen):

Yeah it's due to missing that you need to install my shared adobe extension helper library available on same github download page. I've added more clear instructions about that.