topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday September 28, 2021, 3:09 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Adobe Premiere Extension coding  (Read 782 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Adobe Premiere Extension coding
« on: August 31, 2021, 05:15 PM »
Some of you know I've gone pretty far down the rabbit hole of video editing for my latest project, a Boardgame YouTube channel (see this thread).

I've actually spent a lot of time creating custom After Effects (motion graphic) scripts and templates for the channel, to speed up the process of creating nice looking edits and overlays.

This week I decided to learn how to code an Adobe Premiere extension, to automate the generation of YouTube timestamps and to make it easier to navigate around the interesting parts of nested sequences.

Here's a teaser screenshot of my extension called "TimeStamper":

TimeStamperSampleOutput.pngAdobe Premiere Extension coding

From the README:

Scans your active sequence and builds a timestamp list of "notable" clips and mogrt item times in your active sequence.
Mogrt items are listed with text field values.
The timestamp list is presented on the extension panel as a clickable list to quickly jump to locations.
The timestamp list is exported to a timestamp text file in your project directory in YouTube timestamp format, for easy copy+paste into a YouTube video description to provice clickable timestamp links for your video.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 11:12 AM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Adobe Premiere Extension coding
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 12:15 PM »
And my second extension, again designed to automate another thing I do a LOT of in my editing, "SoundFxAdder":
SampleOutput.pngAdobe Premiere Extension coding

It scans a sequence looking for mogrts, graphic still images, or text overlays (which some options for filtering them based on type, etc.), and then can insert an AudioClip synchronized to them.

This is something I have been doing by hand to give a little "bloop" sound whenever something interesting is editing on screen.

Will work in batch mode or show you a list and let you jump around and individually add with a click, and features some safety checking to make sure you don't overwrite some existing audio.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 01:44 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 09:37 AM »
Another extension coded:
Multicam Deluxe

This one is a doozy -- it automates the elaborate process I use to turn dual (multi) camera footage into a sequence with a 3rd virtual camera angle that is top down with a small front inset picture-in-picture, and some other helper stuff for that.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 11:12 AM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 09:39 AM »
Another extension coded:
CFT

Automates the process of inserting a freeze-frame retro-style intro:

Plus does a few more things that I commonly do, to make editing my videos easier.  Like saving an increasing version# in the file, exporting thumbnail images, rendering for youtube with the project filename, etc.