topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Is anyone else's cat afraid of circles on the television?  (Read 5440 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Is anyone else's cat afraid of circles on the television?
« on: August 11, 2021, 01:30 PM »
Try showing this to your cat:

My cat doesn't care what's on tv/monitor EXCEPT if there is some big circle comes on the screen, then she panics like it is a horrible monster?

The video above is just an example of one that scares her -- but it doesn't have to be a moving animation -- any giant circle will do.

What's up with that?

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Is anyone else's cat afraid of circles on the television?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 07:49 PM »

erikts

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 09:32 PM »
Try showing this to your cat:

My cat doesn't care what's on tv/monitor EXCEPT if there is some big circle comes on the screen, then she panics like it is a horrible monster?

The video above is just an example of one that scares her -- but it doesn't have to be a moving animation -- any giant circle will do.

What's up with that?

Such big circles doesn't affect my cat. PTSD may be?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 09:39 AM »
What's up with that?

I could not say.  I was too scared to watch the entire video.  Those colored circles just kept getting bigger and closer!  OMG!!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 10:57 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 03:18 PM »
I could not say.  I was too scared to watch the entire video.  Those colored circles just kept getting bigger and closer!  OMG!!

The same kind of thing happened to people who were kidnapped by aliens in a flying saucer.  Don't fall into holes in the ground, even if a rabbit jumps into it. You will end up in Wonderland, probably with long hair and wearing a dress. There is a version for women also, but they usually are the ones that find themselves in a flying saucer.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 04:10 AM »
the ring?

The Mysterons
1500x500.jpg

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 09:07 AM »

The same kind of thing happened to people who were kidnapped by aliens in a flying saucer.  Don't fall into holes in the ground, even if a rabbit jumps into it. You will end up in Wonderland, probably with long hair and wearing a dress. There is a version for women also, but they usually are the ones that find themselves in a flying saucer.

Speaking of extraterrestrials, you notice how the government is sneaking up on admitting there is alien life?  First they find some microscopic one celled Martians dead for thousands of years.  Next thing you know one of those land rovers on Mars will discover a subterranean highway system.  The down side is the system will be littered with toll booths.  Tourists from other planets will likely be hit with a hefty surcharge.  ;D

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2021, 09:10 AM »
The Mysterons

What did you think of the reworked Captain Scarlet episodes?  I preferred it when it was obvious they were puppets.  I don't really get the point of the video "upgrades."

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 06:42 PM »
The Mysterons

What did you think of the reworked Captain Scarlet episodes?  I preferred it when it was obvious they were puppets.  I don't really get the point of the video "upgrades."

I've never seen the remade version, haven't seen the original since about the time it came out, (along with Joe 90 and the other Century 21 marionette series).
Still manage to catch one of the original Thunderbird episodes once every few years though, they seem to get repeated quite often.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2021, 09:07 AM »
The Mysterons

I've never seen the remade version, haven't seen the original since about the time it came out, (along with Joe 90 and the other Century 21 marionette series).
Still manage to catch one of the original Thunderbird episodes once every few years though, they seem to get repeated quite often.

I think the first of that type I watched was Supercar.  I was 10 years old when the show debuted.  Tough to believe that was 60 years ago.   :huh:

Edit:  I guess the computer regenerated version of Captain Scarlet is called New Captain Scarlet

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 11:52 AM by MilesAhead »