topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 1:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: T-Clock  (Read 6969 times)

hgutman

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
T-Clock
« on: January 19, 2021, 03:47 PM »
Why in the world can I not install a small program that I used to have on the desktop called  T-Clock?  I've tried dozens of times.   It is a digital clock/date that sits in the taskbar, and replaces the MS clock, it was always Win  10 compatible, although it was written in earlier forms years before.  I am running (an up-to-date) Win 10   -  64 bit on a desktop, browser is Edge.

When I download any version of T-Clock,  it does have an exe. component, but not an install line that I recognize.   

I'd love to get it back.   There are a number of variants on the original program, it has been kicking around for probably 20 years. I'd gladly take any of them.    Thanks,    /hank

biltong

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: T-Clock
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 06:52 AM »
T-Clock Redux works superbly. I have it on multiple Windows 10 machines without a problem:
https://github.com/White-Tiger/T-Clock

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 04:01 PM »
There isn't an installer, but here are the notes I have on it for how I always set it up - current version ought to be similar:

How to set up T-Clock 2010 build 95

1. Copy the entire T-Clock folder (contains Waves, Win32, x64 folders) into Program Files
2. Run clock.exe from the subfolder of the proper bitness
3. Right click and choose T-Clock Properties
4. On the About tab select Start T-Clock when Windows starts
5. On the Clock Text tab, choose Marlett, size 8 neither bold nor italic
6. On the Time Format tab, check Custom Format and set it to hh:nn:ss  POSIX\ndddd mmmm d, yyyy
7. On the Mouse tab, set the Action to Show Calendar and set the tool tip to dddd mmmm d, yyyy
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 05:44 AM »
Steps 5-7 are (personal preference) optional, but ^they're^ right.  :D

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 10:34 AM »
My rutine is a little different:

Unzip to C:\T-Clock

Right-click Clock64.exe and create a shortcut. Cut the cut and move it to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Stoic Joker

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 01:55 PM »
My rutine is a little different:

Unzip to C:\T-Clock

Right-click Clock64.exe and create a shortcut. Cut the cut and move it to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Ultimately the folder can go anywhere, it's just traditional to put it in Program Files.

But regardless of where you put it, checking the start with Windows option on the About Tab simply creates a shortcut to the .exe's current location in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

hgutman

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 11:08 PM »
I sincerely thank you for your suggestions, unfortunately, nothing that I  try works.   I’ve spent hours trying to get some/any form of T-Clock back onto my taskbar, but nothing works.   T-Clock never opens!   For some reason, all of the forms of T-Clock appear to be incompatible with my computer.  Guess I have to give up, but thank-you.

AzureToad

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 08:16 AM »
I had this same issue - program was running but no clock was displayed in the system tray.
To fix it, I right-clicked on the taskbar and chose Taskbar settings, then in the Notification area of the settings window (about 1/2 way down), i clicked "Turn system icons on or off".
Clock was set Off, once I changed it to On, T-Clock display appeared.

Maybe that'll help?

hgutman

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 01:20 PM »
Thank-you Azure,  I really appreciate your answer, but unfortunately, it did not help my problem.  my "clock" setting was already set to ON. Toggled it anyway, powered off and on, but that did not change anything. But I am interested  in your first sentence "program was running."  I'm not  100% sure that the t-clock program is in fact  running.  I've installed it, and reinstalled it  at least a  dozen times, various editions and versions, but nothing ever happens.  So, I'm not sure that it indeed is "running."  I don't know what to do to get it "running"  I sure miss T-Clock,  all I want to use is their great digital clock, So once again, I am out of ideas.  But again, thank you for trying to help       /hank 

davelissa

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 11:05 AM »
I had a similar issue and I found it's due to permissions.

Try copying the files to another folder, like your documents folder, and run the application from there.

If that works, then go back to the folder in program files, right-click the T-Clock folder and give your own account full permissions to that folder.  That should fix the issue.

All the best!