topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 8:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: %scrapetext% and %browserurl% fields! Do they work?  (Read 2246 times)

mrPilloft

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2017
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
%scrapetext% and %browserurl% fields! Do they work?
« on: January 14, 2020, 04:34 PM »
One of the main things I like with SC is the embedding of information in the EXIF and ITPC description tags. I use it alot for genealogy and references are super important. I was wondering about the %scrapetext% and %browserurl% fields. Although %scrapetext% would be very interesting (can't get it to work), what I really miss and what I can't get to work is the %browserurl% field. I tried it with Chrome and Edge but at no avail. Can you point me to documentation about how these fields are supposed to work?

Great work! Phantastic tool!

Text and URL.jpg%scrapetext% and %browserurl% fields! Do they work?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: %scrapetext% and %browserurl% fields! Do they work?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 01:46 AM »
Quick answer is that the browserurl used to be easy to get from all browsers, but I think over the years browsers have been less willing to make this info available to outside processes for security reasons.  I wonder if we could figure out an alternate solution to this.. perhaps with a browser plugin.. Though you could of course always use a browser-screenshot-plugin for a browser that might save the url.

%scrapetext% if i remember correctly, is only for when you capture a windows object like a button or text control..