topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: VideoProc/Digiarty of WinXDVD Fame - ST FREE 4K/HD Capture/Edit/Download/Convert  (Read 16453 times)

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Digiarty - publishers of the venerable WinX DVD Software line - is having a Givewaway of
VideoProc for a short time:

Watch VideoProc Guide on YouTube

Main Features:

Convert, edit, compress 4K/HD videos; download online contents, record desktop/iOS screen in 3 modes; convert & backup DVD. Uniquely adopting full GPU acceleration to boost processing speed with highest possible output quality.
● Convert video/audio/DVD to all popular formats: MP4 HEVC, etc
● Edit: trim, merge, crop, rotate, subtitle, effect, video to GIF
● Stabilize, de-noise, adjust speed/volume, compress file size, etc
● Batch download video, music, playlist from 1000+ sites
● Record full or part of screen on PC/Mac/iPhone (with webcam)

You can get the free version with full perpetual license for a short time here:
https://www.videopro...m/event/tradepub.htm
Regards, Brahman

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If it works as a screen recorder, does it include keystrokes as well as mouse cursor?

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It does include mouse clicks (shown as a circle) and the keystrokes are shown too, f.e. if I do Alt+Enter the window menu opens and in the upper left corner the screen shows Alt+Enter in slightly transparent big letters to the viewer. You can even set it to give the mouse clicks in letters or just show the mouse clicks with a blue circle. I made a short screen capture and enclosed it for you so that you can see.

It is a really great piece of software, kept very simple and user-friendly, yet it has many well thought out features.

When you start it for the first time, it tests your graphic card to see what codecs it supports (note HEVC is H265) for encoding, decoding, what version of the codec and at what resolution. Then it shows that to you in a really nice way.

The download section supports more than 1000 video sharing sites to download your favorite music or video to your PC.

You can crop and edit and convert videos with it - remember it will work with 4K Videos too. You can also convert and reencode.

If you do the screen recording you can at the same time record your webcam so that the viewer can see you in the corner. Everything is adjustable - f.e. size and position of the webcam window, even take out your background etc.

I am totally amazed by it. It's such a big surprise to see the capabilities, because the GUI is so simple, and you think it is a very basic program, but it isn't it has stupendous capabilities, which I have never seen put into one piece of software like this.

It also can denoise or anti-shake a video, which is great for action cams. In fact an example on their website is using a GoPro ActionCam.

You can also convert 3D videos into 2D, burn subtitles, correct perspective, save everything to Matroska containers or many other formats and codecs.

They claim it is "The Only Full GPU Accelerated Video Processing Software" which can process full hardware acceleration and if you have a good video card can be up to 47x faster than real time processing. They have a chart: Up to 6x real-time processing with CPU only, up to 24x real-time processing when incorporating the GPU, and up to 47x with their unique full hardware acceleration which can peak Level-3 Hardware Acceleration. <they support Intel, AMD and NVIDIA video cards.

BTW it's quite a new product only being sold for leass than a year. It has 4k and I think even 8k capabilities, if your video card supports it (mine does not) :(.

They started a new website for it: https://www.videoproc.com which is really nicely made.

I think it's the next generation of their products, since less and less people are using DVDs.

Here is a well explained manual which very nicely shows most of the capabilities of the app:

https://www.videopro...use-videoproc-pc.htm

They have an excellent deal, where you can buy a LIFETIME license - a lifetime full of upgrades - for just $29.95. Because this special Giveaway version is not upgradeable. Their normal price is $78.90 and they currently discount it 49% to the public on their website for $42.95. So in this special non-public deal you get another almost 30% off the discounted price.

Here you can buy the $29.95 lifetime deal:
https://www.videopro...m/event/tradepub.htm

Have a look at the enclosed short video, to see how the keystrokes are shown in the recording.
Regards, Brahman

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for posting this. Looks like an interesting bit of software. :Thmbsup:

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It does include mouse clicks (shown as a circle) and the keystrokes are shown too, [...] I made a short screen capture and enclosed it for you so that you can see.
Many thanks!  :)  Especially for taking the trouble to make the demonstration video.  You are right, it's an outstandingly good deal for a lifetime license, and I bought one.

I asked a similar question before, and ended up combining FastStone Capture with skrommel's ShowOff;
Display keystrokes in video?  This works even on Vista, but it's nice to have alternatives, and ShowOff's display isn't wide enough to show multiple key modifiers, e.g. something like Win+Crtl+Alt+Shift+F12.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have to say I'm disappointed in VideoProc. :(

I've tried using it to rip two different DVDs, selectively omitting a single chapter from each of them. One of them is The Triplets of Belleville (2003) which is a French animated title that is mostly kid-friendly other than a segment at the beginning with a topless dancer which has nothing to do with the rest of the movie. So I tried ripping the DVD without that scene and VideoProc fails in an absurd way. Basically the video freezes at the final frame at the end of the scene before the skipped scene, and stays frozen for the entire duration of the length of the skipped scene. Meanwhile, the audio skips perfectly right from the end of the scene before the skipped scene, and starts right up at the beginning of the scene after the skipped scene. Once the duration of the skipped scene has passed, the video starts that far into the scene after the skipped scene and you've missed vital parts of the movie.

I realize that I may not be explaining it very clearly, so let me write up an example to help simplify what I mean. Say I have three scenes, the middle of which I want to skip and not include in the recording.

Scene A is 2 minutes long.
Scene B is 4 minutes long. (This is the scene I want to remove.)
Scene C is 6 minutes long.

After VideoProc is finished doing its work, I start watching the video. Scene A plays perfectly. At the end of Scene A, I expect for the video and audio to immediately start playing Scene C. Instead what happens is that the video freezes on the final frame of Scene A and stays frozen for the entire duration of Scene B (4 minutes in this example). Meanwhile, the audio did as it should have done, and immediately started playing from the beginning of Scene C. Finally, after the duration of Scene B (4 minutes) has elapsed, the video starts playing again and we get to see the final 2 minutes of Scene C.

I get similar results with both DVDs I'm attempting to rip. Not only that, but I don't like that it doesn't support non-burned-in subtitles or chapter markers. Also, it tells me that my PC supports hardware (GPU) encoding but no matter what I do, it always just uses my CPU for encoding.

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for posting your experience.

For DVD ripping I always use the WinX DVD Ripper Platinum software from the same publisher.

Do you have a copy of that and does it have the same bug? Maybe the DVD is partly copy protected, because I don't think VideoProc is really made for copy protected ripping.

Regards, Brahman

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I can already rip DVDs easily with DVD Decrypter and Handbreak. But they don't allow the option to selectively choose which chapters to include and which to exclude. To be more precise, Handbreak allows you to select a range of chapters to include, but it won't allow you to omit any chapters within that range.

So when I saw that VideoProc had DVD ripping capabilities, and that it allowed me to select arbitrary chapters to include in the ripped video, I thought I could clean up a couple videos I have.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a problem with copy protection because in actuality the "DVDs" I ripped were actually ISO files that I had previously ripped with DVD Decrypter which I think doesn't include the copy protection in the generated ISO file. I suppose I could try it again using the actual DVDs, but I don't expect any better results, and in fact as you mentioned the copy protection may interfere with it.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I can already rip DVDs easily with DVD Decrypter and Handbreak. But they don't allow the option to selectively choose which chapters to include and which to exclude. To be more precise, Handbreak allows you to select a range of chapters to include, but it won't allow you to omit any chapters within that range.

So when I saw that VideoProc had DVD ripping capabilities, and that it allowed me to select arbitrary chapters to include in the ripped video, I thought I could clean up a couple videos I have.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a problem with copy protection because in actuality the "DVDs" I ripped were actually ISO files that I had previously ripped with DVD Decrypter which I think doesn't include the copy protection in the generated ISO file. I suppose I could try it again using the actual DVDs, but I don't expect any better results, and in fact as you mentioned the copy protection may interfere with it.

Try MakeMKV (which is beta software, but has been stable for the years I have been using it). As far as I know you can use it's DVD ripping functionalities for free, you have to fork over money for the ripping of BluRay discs. If you are familiar with Handbreak, you really have to try and work with VidCoder. That particular software uses the Handbreak code, but adds a lot of functionality using a much easier (to me) interface to do your "thing".
For cutting up (and pasting back together) videos you should get: MKVToolnix.

The problem you describe sounds to me like your software is showing the content of the last buffer frame before the removal of the offending part. DVDs still use tricks to mess up playback in computers. Tricks that do not affect DVD players which you connect directly to your TV. BluRay players are more sensitive to such tricks, but those come with internet connections and enough hardware/software to update themselves with new DRM scenarios, depending on the content of the discs being played with it. So, these shouldn't suffer too much issues either.

So, you better cut out offending content in existing videos. MKVToolnix may not be the easiest software to work with, but it's powerful, hence it will get the job done.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Try MakeMKV (which is beta software, but has been stable for the years I have been using it). As far as I know you can use it's DVD ripping functionalities for free, you have to fork over money for the ripping of BluRay discs. If you are familiar with Handbreak, you really have to try and work with VidCoder. That particular software uses the Handbreak code, but adds a lot of functionality using a much easier (to me) interface to do your "thing".
For cutting up (and pasting back together) videos you should get: MKVToolnix.

The problem you describe sounds to me like your software is showing the content of the last buffer frame before the removal of the offending part. DVDs still use tricks to mess up playback in computers. Tricks that do not affect DVD players which you connect directly to your TV. BluRay players are more sensitive to such tricks, but those come with internet connections and enough hardware/software to update themselves with new DRM scenarios, depending on the content of the discs being played with it. So, these shouldn't suffer too much issues either.

So, you better cut out offending content in existing videos. MKVToolnix may not be the easiest software to work with, but it's powerful, hence it will get the job done.

Thanks for the information and the suggestions. I'll try out MakeMKV and MKVToolnix, as well as VidCoder. :)

Would you please contact our support team([email protected]) with screenshots about your operations?
-VideoProc Support (August 18, 2019, 11:01 PM)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for responding to my complaints. I'll take some screenshots and see if I can submit some concrete examples to you, as requested. :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 02:12 AM by Deozaan »

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hahaha this is how great Donationcoder is! You get help from all sides!
Regards, Brahman

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@VideoProc Support

Why did you quote Deozaan's post without adding any comment?

Did something got lost?
Regards, Brahman

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@VideoProc Support

Why did you quote Deozaan's post without adding any comment?

Did something got lost?

It was posted in error and has been deleted.

VideoProc Support

• Participant
  • Joined in 2019
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have to say I'm disappointed in VideoProc. :(

I've tried using it to rip two different DVDs, selectively omitting a single chapter from each of them. One of them is The Triplets of Belleville (2003) which is a French animated title that is mostly kid-friendly other than a segment at the beginning with a topless dancer which has nothing to do with the rest of the movie. So I tried ripping the DVD without that scene and VideoProc fails in an absurd way. Basically the video freezes at the final frame at the end of the scene before the skipped scene, and stays frozen for the entire duration of the length of the skipped scene. Meanwhile, the audio skips perfectly right from the end of the scene before the skipped scene, and starts right up at the beginning of the scene after the skipped scene. Once the duration of the skipped scene has passed, the video starts that far into the scene after the skipped scene and you've missed vital parts of the movie.

I realize that I may not be explaining it very clearly, so let me write up an example to help simplify what I mean. Say I have three scenes, the middle of which I want to skip and not include in the recording.

Scene A is 2 minutes long.
Scene B is 4 minutes long. (This is the scene I want to remove.)
Scene C is 6 minutes long.

After VideoProc is finished doing its work, I start watching the video. Scene A plays perfectly. At the end of Scene A, I expect for the video and audio to immediately start playing Scene C. Instead what happens is that the video freezes on the final frame of Scene A and stays frozen for the entire duration of Scene B (4 minutes in this example). Meanwhile, the audio did as it should have done, and immediately started playing from the beginning of Scene C. Finally, after the duration of Scene B (4 minutes) has elapsed, the video starts playing again and we get to see the final 2 minutes of Scene C.

I get similar results with both DVDs I'm attempting to rip. Not only that, but I don't like that it doesn't support non-burned-in subtitles or chapter markers. Also, it tells me that my PC supports hardware (GPU) encoding but no matter what I do, it always just uses my CPU for encoding.

Dear Deozaan,
Thanks for choosing our program.
Could you please contact our support team([email protected]) for tech support for the problems you have?
They will provide you specific solutions for any problem you have with our program.
By the way, VideoProc is able to support non-burned-in subtitles when convert to some video formats, such as MKV.
If you have any problem or question with our program, pleas feel free to contact our support team. One day reply is guaranteed.
Looking forward to your contacting.
Best Regards,

VideoProc Support

• Participant
  • Joined in 2019
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If it works as a screen recorder, does it include keystrokes as well as mouse cursor?

Hi,
When record, you can choose to show keystrokes as well as mouse cursor or not.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is this one of those "shrink-wrapped" deals that has to be installed before the clock runs out, or can I sit on it for a bit until needed?

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is this one of those "shrink-wrapped" deals that has to be installed before the clock runs out, or can I sit on it for a bit until needed?

It's "shrink-wrapped." The included Readme.txt (where you find your license key) says:

But kindly note the full version and license key will become invalid in the following conditions:
- you reinstall your system.
- you reformat your partition where the software is located.
- you activate the key after August 30,2019.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
VideoProc/Digiarty v3.4 - FREE 4K/HD Capture/Edit/Download/Convert
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 08:59 PM »
VideoProc 3.4 is up as a give away: https://www.videopro...to-mp4-converter.htm

Activate before November 18

In case no-one realises, you can then uninstall and reinstall, (this version), at any time provided you have saved the activation file.

FWIW, you can also extract the installer and copy/rename the {app} folder somewhere - no need to install it, (that I've noticed 'til now).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 05:08 PM by 4wd »

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
VideoProc 3.5 is available for free atm here.

Fill in the 6 question survey to the right and you'll also receive their new video editor for free when it's available.