topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 1:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Qucik Pop Menu for pasting text  (Read 4496 times)

nickodemos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Qucik Pop Menu for pasting text
« on: April 02, 2019, 09:54 PM »
Quick Pop Menu is something I found on this site while reading others comments.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a simple text pasting program that has a similar setup as QPM? Currently using 'Clippings' on FF and while that works it is limited to just FF.

I have seen other recently threads about text expanders and looked at them but many are just way to 'heavy' in use. Just looking for a simple hotkey menu setup that I can expand to my hearts content. What I would tend to use them for is large pasting of text that could be hundreds if not thousands of characters at a time.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Qucik Pop Menu for pasting text
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 04:24 PM »
Maybe you should look for threads on "snippets," like this one?  best code snippet tool that works with any program

Or maybe TypeItIn?  No longer free, but the (old) last free version is Last Freeware Version Page 5

Another program, "Ka Type In," has gone from the normal Web, the author's site is up for sale.  I retrieved the installer from the Wayback Machine and attach it here.  But maybe it's too old.   :-\
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 04:42 PM by rjbull »

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Or just use autohotkey's own hottext command

If you have autohotkey installed, put this in a text file called "myautotexts.ahk" and run it.
Then, whenever you type "teh" it will get replaced with "the".
If you type "waz" then it will be automatically replaced with "Whaaaaazzzzzuuuupppppp!!!?????"
(in fact, even as I typed those just now they were getting replaced; I had to go correct them above)

My most favourite of all is using "etest".

;autoreplacements
::teh::the
::THe::The
::MRs.::Mrs.
::MR.::Mr.
::becuase::because
::haa::hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha{!}
::waz::Whaaaaazzzzzuuuupppppp{!}{!}{!}?????
::etest::THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM.`rREPEAT: THIS IS ONLY A TEST.`rIf this had been an actual emergency, the Attention Signal you just heard would have been followed by official information, news or instructions.
::/cs::/msg chanserv

nickodemos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 12:47 PM »
[quote author=BGM link=topic=47427.msg428890#msg428890 date=1554394895]
Or just use autohotkey's own hottext command

Thanks but I already use the Autocorrect.ahk that is on site. Love it and modify it to my needs but it is not possible to use it for what I need. I need to paste a page of text with new line returns.

[/quote]
Maybe you should look for threads on "snippets," like this one?  best code snippet tool that works with any program

Or maybe TypeItIn?  No longer free, but the (old) last free version is Last Freeware Version Page 5

Another program, "Ka Type In," has gone from the normal Web, the author's site is up for sale.  I retrieved the installer from the Wayback Machine and attach it here.  But maybe it's too old.   :-\

I have looked in that thread and so far nothing to my liking.

TypeItIn I am currently using for my general pasting and I like it a lot but from what I am doing it will not grow well in the long run. I plan on keeping it around for my smaller snippet pastings though.

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 01:38 PM »
Have you looked at PowerPro?  It's an amazing program, similar to AHK, but has it's own GUI system.  It can easily create for you popup menus that will paste snippets, and is fully customizable to do just about anything you want. 

Lintalist

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Lintalist
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 01:58 PM »
Again, perhaps Lintalist - you can assign a hotkey OR hotstring OR search for the item you need :)
https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=41475.0

Or if you are looking for a clipboard tool with templates to store perhaps these managers will work for you https://github.com/a...y/#scripts-clipboard

nickodemos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 02:11 PM »
Have you looked at PowerPro?  It's an amazing program, similar to AHK, but has it's own GUI system.  It can easily create for you popup menus that will paste snippets, and is fully customizable to do just about anything you want. 

Used PP for years, years ago. Helped a great deal with working as a moderator. While it is a great program setting up snippets in it is time consuming. I would have to do paste snippets as I have 20-40 lines to be pasted at a time.

Again, perhaps Lintalist - you can assign a hotkey OR hotstring OR search for the item you need :)
https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=41475.0

Or if you are looking for a clipboard tool with templates to store perhaps these managers will work for you https://github.com/a...y/#scripts-clipboard

I seen it here before but did not think it would do the job. Installed it and so far seems like something I can work with. Will put it through some testing tonight.