ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Qucik Pop Menu for pasting text

(1/2) > >>

nickodemos:
Quick Pop Menu is something I found on this site while reading others comments.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a simple text pasting program that has a similar setup as QPM? Currently using 'Clippings' on FF and while that works it is limited to just FF.

I have seen other recently threads about text expanders and looked at them but many are just way to 'heavy' in use. Just looking for a simple hotkey menu setup that I can expand to my hearts content. What I would tend to use them for is large pasting of text that could be hundreds if not thousands of characters at a time.

rjbull:
Maybe you should look for threads on "snippets," like this one?  best code snippet tool that works with any program

Or maybe TypeItIn?  No longer free, but the (old) last free version is Last Freeware Version Page 5

Another program, "Ka Type In," has gone from the normal Web, the author's site is up for sale.  I retrieved the installer from the Wayback Machine and attach it here.  But maybe it's too old.   :-\

BGM:
Or just use autohotkey's own hottext command

If you have autohotkey installed, put this in a text file called "myautotexts.ahk" and run it.
Then, whenever you type "teh" it will get replaced with "the".
If you type "waz" then it will be automatically replaced with "Whaaaaazzzzzuuuupppppp!!!?????"
(in fact, even as I typed those just now they were getting replaced; I had to go correct them above)

My most favourite of all is using "etest".

--- ---;autoreplacements
::teh::the
::THe::The
::MRs.::Mrs.
::MR.::Mr.
::becuase::because
::haa::hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha{!}
::waz::Whaaaaazzzzzuuuupppppp{!}{!}{!}?????
::etest::THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM.`rREPEAT: THIS IS ONLY A TEST.`rIf this had been an actual emergency, the Attention Signal you just heard would have been followed by official information, news or instructions.
::/cs::/msg chanserv

nickodemos:

--- ---[quote author=BGM link=topic=47427.msg428890#msg428890 date=1554394895]
Or just use autohotkey's own hottext command
Thanks but I already use the Autocorrect.ahk that is on site. Love it and modify it to my needs but it is not possible to use it for what I need. I need to paste a page of text with new line returns.

[/quote]
Maybe you should look for threads on "snippets," like this one?  best code snippet tool that works with any program

Or maybe TypeItIn?  No longer free, but the (old) last free version is Last Freeware Version Page 5

Another program, "Ka Type In," has gone from the normal Web, the author's site is up for sale.  I retrieved the installer from the Wayback Machine and attach it here.  But maybe it's too old.   :-\
-rjbull (April 03, 2019, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have looked in that thread and so far nothing to my liking.

TypeItIn I am currently using for my general pasting and I like it a lot but from what I am doing it will not grow well in the long run. I plan on keeping it around for my smaller snippet pastings though.

BGM:
Have you looked at PowerPro?  It's an amazing program, similar to AHK, but has it's own GUI system.  It can easily create for you popup menus that will paste snippets, and is fully customizable to do just about anything you want. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version