topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SyncBackPro 15% off until end of August 2018  (Read 4627 times)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SyncBackPro 15% off until end of August 2018
« on: August 01, 2018, 04:17 PM »
SyncBackPro, the professional's tool to backup, synchronize, and restore data files. SyncBackPro-only features includes: backup to the widest range of cloud services, SFTP/FTPS/FTP, scripting, SBMS integration and all SyncBackSE features.

Welcome to a special announcement from 2BrightSparks. 2018 is the 15th year since we first introduced SyncBack to the world.
[...]
To celebrate the 15-year anniversary, 2BrightSparks is pleased to offer a 15% discount on new SyncBackPro purchases. At the same time, a free SyncBack Touch license will be given free with every new SyncBackPro purchase! This promotion is not available for SyncBackPro upgrades.

This promotion runs until the end of August 2018 so get your SyncBackPro license at our webstore now!

https://www.2brights....com/store/store.php

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SyncBackPro 15% off until end of August 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 05:37 PM »
I know this has come highly recommended here on dc over the years. Surprised a little at the price - I see it's now (without discount) more expensive than Syncovery (formerly SFFS) which I always think of as the best backup software out there.
Syncback touch sounds interesting, but very expensive if you're paying for it -- I'm thinking long run here -- I dont know what their upgrade pricing is like.

Tom

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 09:00 PM »
What's the difference between the versions?  I didn't see a comparison anywhere on the site.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 02:21 AM »
What's the difference between the versions?  I didn't see a comparison anywhere on the site.
here you go:
https://www.2brights.../compare-simple.html
Tom

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 08:39 AM »
Thanks!  I was looking for that, but couldn't find it!

Looking at that and comparing, it seems that Syncovery is a better deal.  The only place that this might outstrip it is performance, but that would have to be tested.

Has anyone used both?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 08:45 AM by wraith808 »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 03:59 PM »
I see it's now (without discount) more expensive than Syncovery

The prices are similar (Syncback Pro shows as $5 less than Syncovery Professional edition for me - maybe that's different for a quote in something other than USD?), but one thing to keep in mind is that for home use Syncback's single license allows install on 5 machines.  Syncovery's single license allows install on multiple machines, but only for use one at a time and by only a single user.

I haven't used Syncovery.  I have used SyncbackPro for quite a while: the UI can be complex, but I've found that the software's functionality is great.  And once the backup jobs are set up you don't really have to navigate the complex UI.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 04:13 PM »
Syncback touch sounds interesting, but very expensive if you're paying for it

I haven't tried the Syncback Touch feature for phone backups yet.  Keep in mind that each Syncback Pro or SE license includes 2 "Touch" connection licenses.

The add-on Touch license costs does seem expensive  - $35 for each additional device seems like a lot.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 06:16 PM »
^ thanks for clarification :up:
Tom