topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: When copying from a cell in excel to remove the line break that gets added in?  (Read 5171 times)

alexp

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Is cheese the plural of choose?????
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm sure this is possible using CHAS but how would I set up a rule or something so that whenever I copy anything from a cell in excel the line break that gets added automatically gets removed?
Why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce, and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese? One index, two indices? Is cheese the plural of choose?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I know that you can add a hotkey to strip/change formatting -- it explains how to use it in second shot below (dont actually use this feature myself).

Here's how you set it up:

Screenshot - 2017-11-07 , 13_09_27.pngWhen copying from a cell in excel to remove the line break that gets added in?
=>
Screenshot - 2017-11-07 , 13_10_11.pngWhen copying from a cell in excel to remove the line break that gets added in?
=>
add your hotkey
Tom

alexp

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Is cheese the plural of choose?????
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I know that you can add a hotkey to strip/change formatting -- it explains how to use it in second shot below (dont actually use this feature myself).

Here's how you set it up:

[ Invalid Attachment ]
=>
[ Invalid Attachment ]
=>
add your hotkey
Thanks, I'll take a look into it although for some reason I had it in my head you could set rules up so that if you copied something from a specific program a specific rule would get run on the text automatically?
Why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce, and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese? One index, two indices? Is cheese the plural of choose?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
you could set rules up so that if you copied something from a specific program a specific rule would get run on the text automatically?
No such feature exists in CHS.

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
you could set rules up so that if you copied something from a specific program a specific rule would get run on the text automatically?
No such feature exists in CHS.
That would actually be a very useful feature... consider it a request ;)