topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: lastpass and firefox  (Read 5324 times)

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
lastpass and firefox
« on: May 11, 2017, 01:13 AM »
just wondering if anyone else has experienced issues with lastpass in the last couple of days

I haven't been able to use it since monday - I can log in (most of the time), but that's about it.  Nothing works, no autofills, no site captures, nothing.  It's become a notebook

Apparently there was an update pushed out over the weekend that's been causing some problems (I found a discussion, but didn't bookmark it...DOH!) but haven't seen anything about a fix or a workaround.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (no change) and rolling back to an earlier version (which worked the first time, but got updated again, and hasn't worked since)

irkregent

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: lastpass and firefox
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 07:10 AM »
I would look at the "e10" setting.  I know in the past having that turned on broke LastPass's functionality, and I believe Firefox was going to start enabling "e10" (separate processes per window) by default for a subset of users.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 09:09 AM »
Do not install this:

Patch Tuesday (Most Recent: May 9, 2017)
-lifewire

Since Tuesday, I have been forced to reset my IP configuration every time I start my desktop computer, if I want to go online (Start Windows > "There is a problem with your IP configuration" > repair > Problem solved > next start of Windows > repeat)! So far I have agreed with my Internet Supplier to send me a new gateway modem (the old one is from 2011), hoping it will fix the problem, but I believe the latest update from Microsoft is to blame.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 10:43 AM »
..., I have been forced to reset my IP configuration every time I start my desktop computer, if I want to go online ...

Thanks to tomshardware, I have repaired the thing "myself"! So, no matter if "the latest update from Microsoft is to blame" was right or wrong, this one was easy to fix:
Admin' command prompt: 1) netsh winsock reset catalog 2) netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log  :up:  But it may have had nothing to do with Target's problem.

Well, I will be getting a fine, new modem.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 03:26 PM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 10:59 AM »
post deleted
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:03 AM by Curt, Reason: wrong version »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 03:31 PM »
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (no change) and rolling back to an earlier version (which worked the first time, but got updated again, and hasn't worked since)

odd: I'm still on 3.3.4 here with 'Automatic updates' setting at 'default'
Using PaleMoon & Firefox --
PM (version 27.3 x64) is default; use Firefox only occasionally, but have used it a few times in the last couple of days: version 53 / 32bit
Tom

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 03:51 PM »
just wondering if anyone else has experienced issues with lastpass in the last couple of days

I haven't been able to use it since monday - I can log in (most of the time), but that's about it.  Nothing works, no autofills, no site captures, nothing.  It's become a notebook

Apparently there was an update pushed out over the weekend that's been causing some problems (I found a discussion, but didn't bookmark it...DOH!) but haven't seen anything about a fix or a workaround.

It's working here for me FWIW. I've had no issues with it. Just lucky, I guess.

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 04:13 PM »
FWIW it would appear this behaviour is somewhat random.   

Some people are reporting it despite being up to date, and others (as above) have no problem.  Interesting to note that some chrome users are also complaining :mad:

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 04:16 PM »
FWIW it would appear this behaviour is somewhat random.   

Some people are reporting it despite being up to date, and others (as above) have no problem.  Interesting to note that some chrome users are also complaining :mad:

No problem for me on Chrome.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 04:32 PM »
odd: I'm still on 3.3.4 here with 'Automatic updates' setting at 'default'
Using PaleMoon & Firefox --
PM (version 27.3 x64) is default; use Firefox only occasionally, but have used it a few times in the last couple of days: version 53 / 32bit

okay, I got the Lastpass update (to 4.1.49) with a Firefox update to 53.02
Not sure I like the look of new Lastpass, but it worked fine on the couple of sites I tried.
Tom