topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Searching for "SAPIEN free PrimalForms Community Edition"  (Read 16287 times)

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sorry for posting here, but I was on the search for closed, members only forum.
Please feel free to move this post if needed.

I am on the search for the SAPIEN free PrimalForms Community Edition, which is no longer available officially.

https://www.sapien.c...imalforms-ce-update/
https://www.sapien.c...-community-tools-go/
https://www.sapien.c...viewtopic.php?t=7735 -- Mon May 26, 2014 12:49 pm -- All community edition applications have been discontinued.

This is a tool to build GUI code for PowerShell scripts.

Please PM me if you have the installation sources for me, or if you know about a reliable clean download source.

Thanks in advance.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Searching for "SAPIEN free PrimalForms Community Edition"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 05:46 PM »
Add me to the list, I've been trying to find it also  :)

Currently I use Visual Studio Express to generate XAML but would like something geared towards Powershell.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 05:54 PM by 4wd »

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 01:48 AM »
Thanks wraith808,

Alternatives are welcome too.
I will definitely check out that ShowUI thingy. thx

Sooner or later I will write my GUIs in plain text too.
But for now, or for greater work, I would like to have a drag&drop surface, like I use "SmartGUI Creator" for AHK GUIs.

Till now I have e.g. found "Powershell Form Builder"
at https://gallery.tech..._content=buffere2fff
a veeery lightweight tool (ps1 script) for visual GUI design. But without many features or intuitive workflow.
FormsMaker-small.jpgSearching for "SAPIEN free PrimalForms Community Edition"

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Tried this as well, also without luck. Using the same as 4wd: Visual Studio Express (2013 Desktop Express in my case). This is actually very handy for whipping up an interface using drag-n-drop and XAML code is automatically generated for you. The VS text editor lets you tweak whatever you like. When you are finished with the interface, remove the 'x:' part from the object names you used in your GUI and you can use the remaining code directly in PowerShell.

If you think to go this way, install Visual Studio 2015 Community edition instead. Although free to use, you are required to register your copy with Microsoft. The software doesn't indicate this is necessary, but you can only work with this tool for 30 days if you don't register. This problem and its solution is well documented on the internet, so I am sure you'll find it if you don't want to register. The full iso for VS 2015 Community is almost 6GByte in size, which was quite a burden for my 1MBit/sec connection. But the web-installer wasn't that much faster. There are a lot of requirements for installing VS and downloading whatever you are missing can add up quickly.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 03:32 AM »
This is actually very handy for whipping up an interface using drag-n-drop and XAML code is automatically generated for you. The VS text editor lets you tweak whatever you like. When you are finished with the interface, remove the 'x:' part from the object names you used in your GUI and you can use the remaining code directly in PowerShell.

Yeah, I went this way because it required no dependencies other than what was already on the system, good for when you want to just email a script somewhere, (or post on a forum).

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 07:10 AM »
Here is a helpful link that gets you up to speed quickly (creating GUIs with PowerShell, I mean).