topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Tiny Toolbar and Screenshot Captor Options window  (Read 7072 times)

shearerka

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Tiny Toolbar and Screenshot Captor Options window
« on: October 14, 2015, 10:54 AM »
I am having troubles locating the preferences for changing the size of my toolbar. If it is in Screenshot Captor Options I am afraid I will never find it because THAT is so tiny I can barely read it. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

shearerka

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Tiny Toolbar and Screenshot Captor Options window
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 02:22 PM »
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated - the program is unusable at this point - I can barely see where anything is.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 02:31 PM »
I'm afraid there is no way to enlarge the icons in the current version -- it's something people have requested -- and it's on my todo list, but currently, there is no option to resize them.

I do also see some text size oddities in you screenshot because you are using non-standard DPI settings in windows.  that is something i can try to address in a future release.

I will try to add an option to increase icon sizes, i just can't promise it right away.

shearerka

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 02:57 PM »
I truly appreciate your response! I am wondering, however, if something has changed. My icons have never been this small and I have used this application for years and LOVE it. Did I make a change somewhere on my computer? My other applications are normal so I am wondering where this would be.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 03:47 PM »
I'd be interested to hear what the resolution and DPI are set to on that system, they both seem quite high to me.

shearerka

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 04:03 PM »
My resolution for that screen (I have 2 other monitors) is 2160 x 1400 (recommended). I put it down to 1024 x 768 but it didn't make a difference. I can't find the actual DPI but it's set to Large (150%).

shearerka

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 12:05 PM »
I have deleted and reinstalled Screenshot Captor. I have adjusted all settings on my computer that I can find. Right now the resolution is at recommended (2160 x 1440). I have large icons but that shouldn't matter as my issue is WITHIN the software application (as can be seen in my screenshots). This, therefore, must be an issue with Screenshot Captor. Why is it, however, that I seem to be the only one with the problem? I really am struggling as I use this regularly and this new change is making things difficult for me.

(on a side note I have donated twice to donation coder and it does not show up at all.)

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 10:45 PM »
(on a side note I have donated twice to donation coder and it does not show up at all.)

If you want it to show up on the forum then take a look on how to do that at the following DonationCoder url...

https://www.donation...r.com/Help/entry/18/

Also more helpful links about donating is at: https://www.donationcoder.com/Help/3/

If you need further help on the donation end contact mouser.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 05:52 AM »
Right now the resolution is at recommended (2160 x 1440). I have large icons but that shouldn't matter as my issue is WITHIN the software application (as can be seen in my screenshots). This, therefore, must be an issue with Screenshot Captor. Why is it, however, that I seem to be the only one with the problem? I really am struggling as I use this regularly and this new change is making things difficult for me.

no, you are not alone -- even on a FHD 15.6" laptop, the text is already quite small. With system font-scale set to 125%, nothing seems to change within Screenshot Captor (font size should be increased).
Tom

shearerka

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 07:58 AM »
I appreciate your response, Tom. It is strange because my computer hasn't changed. It has been fine. This is a sudden change in the application. 

leblancj

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 10:06 PM »
I'm having the same problem with both Screenshot Captor & DCUpdater. They open in such a small window that the text is unreadable. I have a brand new MS Surface Book running Win 10 64-bit at its native resolution of 3,000 x 2000. Out of the box DPI is scaled at 200% so all apps look fine and are readable except these two DC apps, which I installed for the 1st time on this computer just tonight. Perhaps since this is happening on two different computers, this might give a clue as to what is happening. Here's a Dropbox link to my screenshot:
https://www.dropbox....%2000.02.24.png?dl=0