topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: What online services do you pay for?  (Read 19244 times)

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What online services do you pay for?
« on: September 05, 2015, 05:17 PM »
I've always been very frugal when it comes to software purchases, whether they be installation CDs, one-time purchase/download via Internet, or online services. But, lately, I've been paying for two services, and am very pleased with both - LastPass, and PIA (a VPN provider). I am not affiliated with either and am not advertising for them.

LastPass, at $12 for a year of service, is more than worth it, for me at least. I frequent about two dozen websites, both at home and at work. Using the LastPass add-on for Firefox Portable, I only have to log-in to LastPass once at the beginning of my work day (or my online session, if at home computer). In the case of my home PCs, I could have the browser remember passwords, but that's not as secure, and I especially don't like the idea of doing that for financial sites. At work, I've got to have privacy protection. I love that, after logging in to LastPass, a single click on a stored site in their database, and the add-on applies my very strong password and logs me in. I admit I had been guilty of password reuse across various sites, before using LastPass.

I've been really pleased with Private Internet Access VPN. Works great across my PCs, iPhone, and Android tablet.

The family has had Netflix for years, and there are seven of us tapping into it constantly, so no question we're getting our money's worth out of it.

What services do you pay for, and what makes them worth the cost, to you?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:51 PM by kyrathaba, Reason: forgot to include Netflix. »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: What online services do you pay for?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 05:44 PM »
Our household pays for Hulu Plus, Netflix and Amazon Prime.  Between those three services we have little regret cutting the cable cord.  Since ditching Comcast for TV we're also able to get our Internet from a fiber optic provider for a much lower cost.  The bandwidth isn't as fast as we used to get with Comcast, but it's plenty fast enough. Why pay for speed you don't need?

We're paying less than half what we were paying to Comcast, and the Amazon Prime could kind of be considered a freebie - we had signed up for that back when it was only for the free shipping, so the free Prime video is basically a throw in.

The only regret is sports:

- MLB games are only on cable or MLB's streaming package. but the MLB Internet package will black-out the local team's games (maybe I can solve that problem with PIA?)
  - while NFL games are mostly on over the air broadcasts (free!), I have a crappy antenna setup so it's hit or miss for me. One day I'll fix that with a decent antenna.

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 06:05 PM »
Good question!

I have 2 1/2 or more services that I pay for now, and a couple I've paid for in the past but don't any longer.

First, the 1/2 - Audible.com. I actually just this minute went and cancelled my membership! I had been meaning to do this for a while actually, but your post inspired me to deal with it once and for all. :D

For those who don't know, Audible one of the largest audio book sites, and while you can use it without a subscription, you do get discounts and stuff by subscribing, and your subscription fees basically can be put toward the cost of books (heavily discounted in many cases). So for regular listeners it's great. I just don't really have the time, or perhaps I should say I don't *make* the time for the dedicated listening that most of the material requires. I do often listen to things, music, podcasts, etc. but they're all either background, or short form so I don't have to dedicate large chunks of time to them. So for me it was not a great value, even though I got discounts on lots of books. I own many audiobooks now, but have listened to very few. I do hope and intend to find the time one day, and if I were making more money I might find the $15/mo to be of less concern and a reasonable expense as a monthly reminder and motive *to* find the time to listen. But for now it doesn't make financial sense.

The other two main ones are iDrive for backup and Google Play Music for, er, music. I could write at length on my reasons for choosing both (in fact I already have in the case of iDrive: https://www.donation....msg381832#msg381832), but I'll try to keep it brief (not my strong suite).

iDrive is for me the best compromise of features and price for an online (and offline) backup service, so it's what I use. It has some problems and limitations that annoy me, but it's less intrusive and problematic in general than CrashPlan which I used before. Due to the sheer volume of data I backup (more than 3TB now, mostly my own photos), I am limited in the services I can practically use. Many have "unlimited" data, which means they won't kick me off just for having 3TB of data in their "cloud". But *getting* the data there in a timely manner is another story. I have 10mbit/s upload (about 1MB/s, practically speaking), and that will take a loooong time to upload. iDrive and CrashPlan are among a very few services that offer a "seeding" option to let you backup a significant portion of your data on a hard drive to avoid having to upload it all. So that's one of the primary reasons I'm choosing iDrive. In general I find it worth the money, though it is only affordable for me at the 3TB level because I got a deal. I hope they lower their prices in the future as storage continues to get cheaper. Many of their competitors offer lower prices for large storage quantities (often "unlimited"), but they don't offer the features that iDrive does. iDrive is definitely a good option for certain people...

As for Google Play Music, well I got in early and pay $2 less per month than new subscribers (so I pay $8 or something per month). I like consuming music in a streaming, radio-esque way, and I don't like Pandora's limitations and narrow focus (radio-only, no on-demand specific songs, whole albums, etc.). I use many other Google products and like that it's integrated. I like the "match" functionality which lets me upload my own MP3s and other audio files and play them anywhere "from the cloud". Back when I decided to go with Google Play instead of say Spotify, there were (and perhaps still are) some major reasons. One was that Spotify at the time did not have a web version, so you had to install a fricking desktop client software. Major dealbreaker for me. Yes the web versions can be resource intensive, but Spotify's desktop client (which I did try for a bit) was invasive and poorly coded (or buggy, whatever you want to say). And a major advantage of having an online music service is you can use it anywhere, but having to install a software client to do that is very limiting. With Google Play Music I can just open a web browser and sign in and I have all my music, playlists, etc. Spotify now has a web-based version I understand, but it's too late for my needs. Google Play has some limitations in terms of selection (The Beatles being an obvious one, and probably the most missed), but so does Spotify, and with Google I can just upload any tracks I'm missing and I can then play them anywhere. Google's radio features are adequate though not exceptional (I've had some real misfires from Pandora too, so I just feel the whole "play me music like this song" technology is still immature), and its other features and mobile app are all fine. It's not a mindblowingly awesome service, but I don't think any are. I found Spotify's UI to be maddening last I tried it. So I think it's the best option right now, at least for me. I'm very slightly curious about Apple's subscription music service, but not enough to bother switching.

I just remembered I also actually pay for web hosting, which might qualify for the thread topic (or not). I use Site5 mainly because I got a really good deal from them years ago and now have things all setup and configured there and don't want to bother switching. They've had their ups and downs but quite honestly I've found the service to be pretty reliable over the past few years (perhaps less so previously, though when I bought it was very good for a while too, so it was good, bad, then good again, hehe). There are lots of comparable services out there, Hostgator, etc, some are even free or notably cheaper than I pay (about $8/mo I think, I pay yearly). But inertia and the minimal difference I might see from moving keep me there.

I *used* to also have a "droplet" at Digital Ocean that I was hoping to host Redmine on, but it turns out Site5 does that adequately too (not as well as Digital Ocean I understand, but good enough for my needs). Digital Ocean is a pretty cool granular hosting service that lets you basically buy as many (or as few) resources as you need, in $5/mo increments. Pretty sweet, just not something I need right now.

In the past I have paid monthly in donation for an online radio station I quite liked, Radio Paradise: http://www.radioparadise.com/

I think that covers all of it, or at least all I can think of. ;) Oh, if Amazon Prime counts then I have that too. *Totally worth it*. :D And my girlfriend subscribes to Netflix, also worth it. And does a monthly contribution to Radiolab count? I think not as it's a free service that I get no real benefit or enhancement from paying for (except a really nice t-shirt :D), but I mention it just in case.

Last but not least, I too am pretty frugal with my software purchases. I tend to prefer supporting smaller developers/publishers and have seldom bought anything big or expensive.

Edit: I keep thinking of more possible candidates: domain name registration? If that counts, I have about 10 domains I maintain, not all of which are actively in use. I use Namecheap, used to use Godaddy. Left Godaddy because of their crappy, pushy upselling control panel and their (former?) politics. Namecheap is good, fine prices, decent control panel, little upselling.

- Oshyan
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:16 PM by JavaJones »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 07:20 PM »
I pay for:
  • Netflix (streaming only)
  • Crashplan backup
  • Antivirus(AVG)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 07:50 PM »
LastPass
I've been paying for LastPass Premium for the past 3 years, but my membership is due for renewal in about a week and I've decided to try something else. Why?
  • I pay for LastPass Premium and recently they tried to upsell me to LastPass Enterprise. Why? I have no idea. I don't need any enterprise features.
  • The reason I pay for LastPass Premium is for the Android app, which lately has taken a turn for the worse, requiring invasive permissions (GPS location, really?). I just want my passwords. I don't want the extra cruft.
  • I recently contacted LastPass support to express my concerns about the invasive Android permissions and was not pleased with their response.
  • I've also been encountering issues with the desktop browser plugins auto-fill not working for the same forms that have been working for months, if not years. They just suddenly stop working and I have to basically delete the entry in LastPass and create it anew to restore functionality. Lame!
So that's that. I'll probably continue to use the (free) LastPass plugin for my browsers on PC, but for Android I'm making the change to EnPass.

Dyn
I also pay for Dyn.com's Dynamic DNS service (hereafter referred to DynDNS), so I can easily get remote access to my IP for various purposes. It's now $40/year, but I don't think it cost that much when I signed up for it, or even the last time I paid. I may switch to some other service if the price continues to rise like this. That said, I split the cost with someone else, since it allows me up to 30 domains and I only use one for myself. So if anyone else wants in on the service, maybe we could join up on the costs. :)

The cool thing about it is that I can create my own custom domain to point to the Dyn URL which points to my computer's IP. For example, if I wanted to run my own ARK server, I could create an ark.deozaan.com subdomain and point it to ark.dyn-o-saur.com which points to my home IP address. And I could just tell my family/friends/whoever to join ark.deozaan.com instead of having to figure out and remember my IP address. And I also don't need to tell them my Dyn URL. So if I don't want these same people to have access to my computer's IP, I can just remove the ark.deozaan.com subdomain, or change it so it doesn't forward to my Dyn URL anymore.

That's all I can think of that I'm currently paying an ongoing subscription for. Unless you also count domains and hosting costs. :) In which case, I use DreamHost to buy/manage my domains which are currently being hosted using HostGator.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 08:06 PM »
  • iDrive (Backup)
  • VPS (Currently 5 of them but reducing to 2)
  • VPN.sh (VPN)
  • SmartDNS (Get around geo-locked entertainment sites plus they also have VPN)
  • NameCheap (Domain names)

Dyn
I also pay for Dyn.com's Dynamic DNS service (hereafter referred to DynDNS), so I can easily get remote access to my IP for various purposes. It's now $40/year, but I don't think it cost that much when I signed up for it, or even the last time I paid. I may switch to some other service if the price continues to rise like this. That said, I split the cost with someone else, since it allows me up to 30 domains and I only use one for myself. So if anyone else wants in on the service, maybe we could join up on the costs. :)

FWIW, I currently use the free nsupdate.info service, it's open source so I could grab the code and host it on one of my VPSs if I felt the need.  I have a Powershell script that checks my IP every two hours and updates both nsupdate.info and SmartDNS should the IP have changed.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:40 PM by 4wd, Reason: VPS not VPN - stoopid :/ »

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 09:02 PM »

Chessbase's Playchess.

I'm a solid player, enough to make park players at least use both eyes open, but no prodigy. So I never felt it was fair to stick my parents with $40/hr lessons because that becomes $40K scary quick! (40K belongs in Warhammer, not in amounts parents should have to pay!)

So I learned from books. And Books are Good.

But finally enough years have gone by, there are a few gaps in the aging material. Some texts hold up better than others.

But in the last couple of years, a few of the services (ICC aka Internet Chess Club does too, I just landed on PlayChess because the ChessBase ecosystem is just more mainstream), contract with lower tier grandmasters who provide free commentary for yearly-paid members. And ... *You get to write in your questions* ... so it's like a group lesson for *four hours* for free. And you can get some forty of them per year! (Daily, on the big events, that tend to go some eight rounds in total one per day.)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 09:23 PM »
Depends on what you call services, but I'll list all of them :)

- Dropbox
- Cubby
- Office 365
- Pinboard
- Xmarks/Lastpass
- Netflix
- Amazon Prime
- Hulu Plus
- Evernote
- Draft
- Gingkoapp
- Stackedit
- Obsidian Portal
- City of Brass
- Koding
- Photoshop/Lightroom/InDesign

+ various things on Patreon and Gumroad

I was formerly very selective about what I'd support.  Then things started disappearing.  Good services that no one was paying for.  And I decided if I liked it, I'd be one of the supporters to try to keep them in business.

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 11:18 AM »
I was formerly very selective about what I'd support.  Then things started disappearing.  Good services that no one was paying for.  And I decided if I liked it, I'd be one of the supporters to try to keep them in business.

That, good sir, is a very good philosophy.

- Oshyan

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 01:59 PM »

I keep debating about adding Mind Mapping software to my mix, but it keeps resolving into making "junk nodes" in my tree notes program followed by "file this legit when you have both the time and energy".

Surprisingly few enough things have *multi* sources of inspiration that can't be handled by a fast and dirty "see also" tag.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 08:35 PM »
In the past I have paid monthly in donation for an online radio station I quite liked, Radio Paradise: http://www.radioparadise.com/
- Oshyan

I like it too. I used to donate them every month. I found Radio Paradise via the radio streaming plugin Octoshape that already 9 years ago gave 192kb MP3 ♥ Today Octoshape is concentrating on video & multicast, and I have a music collection of my own.

I have for several years been paying for being a member of Flickr, but I have cancelled the next auto-payment, because I still don't have a camera...

My Internet Supplier (YouSee.dk) is also my TV broadcaster and my Phone operator (both mobile and landline), and really should  be named as one of those "online services" I give my money - because I give them quite a lot! I can't keep up with how many features they say I have free access to: 100 tv channels with an endless list of streaming programs on demand, including film and series. They also offer several hundred radio stations, and YouSee Musik with many million music tracks. These audio files are now impossible to just download the easy way; I have to stream and record, but in the "old days" I could simply download entire albums in just a couple of clicks. Luckily I managed to download a hundred thousand tracks "in time". I have the right to store them locally as long as YouSee still is my Internet Supplier.

I don't use any of the other features, except that for a while I was also using their online backup.

My speed down/up is 50/5 or 40/15 or 30/25 as I want it - just log in and click to change it again and again.

In Denmark we have agreed to have a national radio & tv station free of adverts and ... well: FREE (not as in free beer, but as in free speech). (Almost) everybody must pay to support it, (almost) no matter if they use it or not. For this reason also (and because everything in Denmark is expensive) my total expense per month for all I have listed (including the two phones) is in the area of $60.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:15 AM by Curt »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 05:23 PM »
FWIW, I currently use the free nsupdate.info service, it's open source so I could grab the code and host it on one of my VPNs if I felt the need.  I have a Powershell script that checks my IP every two hours and updates both nsupdate.info and SmartDNS should the IP have changed.

Your post prompted me to look into nsupdate.info so I did and I couldn't figure out how to use it.

My router is configured to automatically connect to my Dyn account and update my IP as needed. I don't have to worry about it, and my PC doesn't even have to be running for my IP to update. :Thmbsup:

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 05:39 PM »
I only pay for:

• WorkFlowy Pro - hierarchical todo lists, note-taking, outlining
  • Mozy - file backup

I would also pay for Gingko if I didn't already have a lifetime license. And I'm contemplating moving all my files to Dropbox Pro, to make working across multiple devices and locations easier.

I might have to pay for Google Drive one day, as I like to use it with my Chromebook, but I'm only using 4% of my 115GB allowance (I think I got 100GB for 2 years free when I bought the Cbk), and I'll be just all too happy to buy a nice and shiny new Chromebook and renew that deal when it expires.

But otherwise there is a limit as to how many subscriptions I'm willing to have. That's the problem with the subscription-based model. It's an ongoing expenditure, so that makes me not to want to shop. With the traditional one-off payment model, I was happy to try and buy new software.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 06:36 PM »
But otherwise there is a limit as to how many subscriptions I'm willing to have. That's the problem with the subscription-based model. It's an ongoing expenditure, so that makes me not to want to shop. With the traditional one-off payment model, I was happy to try and buy new software.

Well, I look at it this way.  If it were software, then your argument would hold water with me.  For subscriptions, you pay less, and can cancel at any time if you decide not to use it.

How did you get a lifetime sub to ginkgo?

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 06:42 PM »
How did you get a lifetime sub to ginkgo?

It was a one-off promotion for the first 500 users: http://www.outliners...messages/viewm/19196

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 06:51 PM »
For subscriptions, you pay less, and can cancel at any time if you decide not to use it.

Well, you say that, but there is a certain lock-in and inertia. I have all these gigabytes on Mozy, and I'm not even that crazy about their service, but just can't bear the thought of having to re-upload all that data to another service (I know some can seed it via DVDs, but even making those and mailing them etc. takes time). It's just I prefer to use my free time for something else. So they got me...

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Like some other folks here, I pay for LastPass Premium and for Netflix.  Also for three online services that haven't been mentioned.  One is the Windows Secrets Newsletter, which I find very helpful in keeping up with a host of computer issues and which has a pay-what-you-want policy.  I used to read Fred Langa's "Langa List," and when he closed that and went to the Windows Secrets Newsletter, I subscribed.  His articles and Susan Bradley's I find especially useful.  The other two are electronic greeting card companies, Jacquie Lawson and American Greetings.  I would also subscribe to Malwarebytes AntiMalware Premium, but I have a grandmothered lifetime subscription.  That's true also of WinPatrol, which now uses a subscription model.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 07:37 PM »
Your post prompted me to look into nsupdate.info so I did and I couldn't figure out how to use it.

For future info or anyone else that's interested:
  • Create an account
  • Go to Overview
  • Add a host (eg. fred.nsupdate.info)
  • Click on your newly created host name - you can Delete, manually update IP, etc here
  • Click on Show Configuration - you'll be taken to a page that will provide HTTPS links for updating either your IPv4 or IPv6, (which you can bookmark to update your IP via browser), plus instructions for various router firmware and/or DDNS clients.
NOTE: Every time you go to the Show Configuration page a new Host Secret, (for update login), is generated rendering the old one invalid.

2015-09-11 10_23_27.jpgWhat online services do you pay for?

My router is configured to automatically connect to my Dyn account and update my IP as needed. I don't have to worry about it, and my PC doesn't even have to be running for my IP to update. :Thmbsup:

My new ISP provided router, (while good), doesn't provide user specified DDNS host editing, just the usual culprits from a drop-down list.  I have a computer that's on 24/7 so it was just as easy to set the PoSh script, plus it sends any IP change to SmartDNS so the geo-unlocking keeps working, (otherwise I'd have to log in to the site and "activate" my new IP).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:42 PM by 4wd »

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2015, 10:50 PM »
I have all these gigabytes on Mozy, and I'm not even that crazy about their service, but just can't bear the thought of having to re-upload all that data to another service (I know some can seed it via DVDs, but even making those and mailing them etc. takes time). It's just I prefer to use my free time for something else. So they got me...

Man, putting all your data on DVDs *would* be awful. Fortunately there are at least 2 services I know of that will actually just ship you a large hard drive (2TB+ - the one I got most recently was 5TB!). iDrive does it for *free*, while CrashPlan does it for a one-time fee. The actual backup process is a breeze with both since they both support local backups as well as online (bonus!), you just set the drive as a local backup location and do your full backup. It takes time, sure, but minimal effort. iDrive and CrashPlan both have their downsides, which I've talked about elsewhere here, but I currently use iDrive and overall I'm fairly happy with it. Oh and depending on how complex your file sharing requirements are, iDrive might be able to stand-in for at least some of it. It doesn't act like "live" push/pull storage like Dropbox or GDrive, but you *can* easily link someone online to any file you're backing up, which is pretty cool.

- Oshyan

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 03:57 AM »
Fortunately there are at least 2 services I know of that will actually just ship you a large hard drive (2TB+ - the one I got most recently was 5TB!).

Wow, things have moved on since I last looked into it! That would make it a lot easier (presuming this is also available in the UK). Thanks for the heads up!

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2015, 05:23 AM »
Fortunately there are at least 2 services I know of that will actually just ship you a large hard drive (2TB+ - the one I got most recently was 5TB!).

Wow, things have moved on since I last looked into it! That would make it a lot easier (presuming this is also available in the UK). Thanks for the heads up!

iDrive Express
This service includes free return shipping for customers within the USA. International customers from Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Australia and the UK will be reimbursed for the cost of Standard Shipping from the postal service of their choice.

If you're on a Personal Plan, they will do this once per year for free.

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2015, 05:55 AM »
iDrive Express
This service includes free return shipping for customers within the USA. International customers from Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Australia and the UK will be reimbursed for the cost of Standard Shipping from the postal service of their choice.

If you're on a Personal Plan, they will do this once per year for free.

Sweet! I'll look into this.

wyrwolf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
    • banner page
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 06:18 PM »
I have an AstraWeb account so I can get unlimited downloads from USENET - that's right, and yes, it's still worth it. ;)
It is what it is.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 08:23 PM »
I have an AstraWeb account so I can get unlimited downloads from USENET - that's right, and yes, it's still worth it. ;)

Ah yes, forgot about them, used to have an Unlimited account, I now have block accounts with AstraWeb and NewsgroupDirect which have lasted me a couple of years or more now ... I'm not the Usenet whore I once was  :-[ :P

nmharleyrider

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2015, 08:59 PM »
I pay for LastPass, Office365, MediciTV, MetOnDemand and DigitalConcert Hall.