topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 5:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Screenshot Captor used as solution to SuperUser.com question  (Read 3765 times)

Twinbee

• Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Screenshot Captor used as solution to SuperUser.com question
« on: February 20, 2015, 01:29 PM »
Just like to thank the author of Screenshot Captor, as it's the only tool I've found so far which captures a window which overlaps the screen's resolution (I needed to grab a 6000x4000 pixel window!). Amazing tool, and something I could have only expected from DonationCoder.

On Superuser.com, the bounty-winning answer (awarded by me) used Screenshot Captor as part of the solution: http://superuser.com...rger-than-the-screen

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Screenshot Captor used as solution to SuperUser.com question
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:48 PM »
Confused here... You say:
'no scrolling bars in the window I wanted to capture' - so how does SC get the screenshot?
Does it move the window around?
or can it actually take a screenshot of stuff that is not visible on the screen :tellme:
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:13 PM »
Awesome, thanks for sharing that Twinbee! And thanks for taking the time to tell people what worked for you.  It's because of posts like yours that people discover our software  :up:

Tomos, I'm not sure exactly what Twinbee was referring to, however with the new "manual" scrolling capture option, SC can stitch together horizontal and vertical content that is not traditionally scrolled.

Twinbee

• Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 11:41 PM »
For curiosity's sake, the window I captured was a plain window created by an old C program I created that used SDL for the graphics. No widgets or anything, just a giant graphic inside a 6000x4000 window frame. The render gradually fills the window pixel by pixel over a period of days.

Suffice to say, there's no way the window would fit on a standard 1920x1080 desktop!