topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Softmaker Office: **90%+** Discount!!!! Offer Expires Feb5 6pm(?) EST  (Read 26100 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
^ SoftMaker Office 2016 is so expensively priced that I feel certain there is no free update from 2012, no matter how late you bought it.

that would be very unusual, so doesnt seem like a logical conclusion.
@brahman, the best thing would be to ask Softmaker themselves.

Yeah, the reason it seems expensively priced is that there is now only the pro version.
This is a pity imo (even though I use the pro version myself).

Softmaker Office 2016 has been released.
http://www.softmaker...english/index_en.htm
pricing appears to be different for German locations, so not sure what pricing you will see - probably 89.95 $/€ full price; 59.95 upgrade price

Note:
  • 1) there appears to be only the Pro version now
  • 2) there's one upgrade price for all (even from free versions)
  • 3) they have moved from eMclient to Thunderbird for email

Overview:
http://www.softmaker...m/english/ofw_en.htm

Features
http://www.softmaker...glish/ofwfeat_en.htm

... for people who want to upgrade from a free version to the pro version, the pricing is very good.
I would also note that the support in their forums is very good, I've gotten value for money there ;-)
Tom

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
^ SoftMaker Office 2016 is so expensively priced that I feel certain there is no free update from 2012, no matter how late you bought it.
that would be very unusual, so doesnt seem like a logical conclusion.

At the end, '2012' was sold for less than $20. Surely you don't mean such price should qualify for a FREE upgrade to '2016' - which was the question here. No, you and I just misunderstood each other.

In my opinion, the normal upgrade prices to '2016' are unexpectedly expensive. I upgraded anyway,,, but my default programs are still MS Office 2010 Pro.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:02 AM by Curt, Reason: unexpectedly »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
At the end '2012' was sold for less than $20. Surely you don't mean such price should qualify for a FREE upgrade to '2016' - which was the question here.

ah, I didnt realise that - then it *was* a logical conclusion :-)
Tom

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I agree it feels a bit pricy -- I think I'll wait till they send out one of those ugprade specials for customers using older versions.

Same here, the current upgrade price of ~AU$77 is almost more than I paid for previous versions, (2008, 2010, 2012), combined.

Considering there seems to be only the Pro version now and they no longer use a purpose designed third-party email/calendar component, it seems a little steep for those of us who use the Standard version since we didn't need the added functionality of emClient/Thunderbird, (since I already have Thunderbird).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:24 PM by 4wd »

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Same here, the current upgrade price of ~AU$77 is almost more than I paid for previous versions, (2008, 2010, 2012), combined.

Considering there seems to be only the Pro version now and they no longer use a purpose designed third-party email/calendar component, it seems a little steep for those of us who use the Standard version since we didn't need the added functionality of emClient/Thunderbird, (since I already have Thunderbird).

I think you're right. If you look at their pricing for the previous and new version:

softmaker_price_compare.png

The price of the professional version is the same, but the upgrade price has doubled. And if you were using the standard edition, the upgrade price is now three times as much(!).

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It turns out that Softmaker Stadard will also be released, I'm not sure when:

After working through a bunch of problems, we are close to releasing SoftMaker Office Standard, and this will also be offered as an upgrade for existing customers.
-http://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?p=50451&sid=65d73c3facf6e65f3be61430e2de3f15#p50452
Tom

budgall

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It turns out that Softmaker Stadard will also be released, I'm not sure when:

I got email today, Standard 2016 upgrade price is $39.95
Bud

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
^ thanks budgall

yeah,
discussion seems to have moved back to that thread :-)
Tom