topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Zen Magnets are still attracting...  (Read 26125 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Zen Magnets are still attracting...
« on: April 16, 2014, 04:05 AM »
Two former threads about Zen Magnets:

thread from year 2010
Rumors of Zen Magnets' death are greatly exaggerated.
[ Invalid Attachment ]
That's all. Stay Tuned. http://zenmagnets.com/
-email from Zen Magnets, November 18, 2013

>>Our biggest annual sale is always on 4/20,
with coupon code 420.
The cheapest you'll find new Zen Magnets this year, guaranteed.
While supplies last.

•    Gift Zen for $30, Free USPS Priority for 2 or more units
  •    Booster Zens for $26, Free First Class Shipping
  •    Mandala Sets for $220, Free USPS Priority
  •    Mini sets for $10, Free First Class <<

Apologies
Apologies for the technical difficulties for the past few weeks. Some of you might have noticed our site was unreachable for the greater part of a recent week, with errors of sorts afterwards. Everything is up and running smoothly now.  No, the feds have not shut us down yet *

Contest #39 Extension (http://www.zenmagnet...gship-video-contest/ )
And for the technical woes of weeks past, and at the request of multiple parties, we're extending the deadline of the Flagship Video Contest to April 30th. If you want free magnets, don't forget the beginning and end formation requirements!
-Zen

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Zen Magnets are still attracting...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 03:47 AM »
Buckyballs settled their lawsuit months ago. And news of Magnicube's settlement comes today. They're both out of the fight.
-Zen Magnets
2014-08-05_102920.jpg
We're at a critical crossroads between two options.

Behind Door #1: Shutdown & Stop-sales.
This makes the most sense from a business perspective. We exit the business as soon as possible with as much as possible, at the recommendation of nearly every lawyer and consultant we've talked to. We comply. We recall. The unique "Warnings don't work" argument goes unchallenged in court. Nobody else stands in the way of the magnet ban rule-making. The CPSC sets the precedent of dodging the most public objection the agency has ever received for any single action item. The CPSC wins it's gamble.

Behind Door #2: All-In for the Conscience.
Fight. Because how others treat you is their Karma, but how you react is your Karma. Because the beauty and wonder that magnets generate is worth a rescue effort. Magnet spheres work exactly as they are supposed to, and nearly everybody (over 99.99%) is able to use them safely. Statistical polls show consumers would rather see a ban of tobacco, than an all-ages nation-wide non-consensual market removal of magnet sets used for art and education. We can sleep without regret, knowing that as the last company standing, Zen Magnets fought for what was right: democracy, reason, liberty, and beautiful shiny magnets.

Nothing rational lies in between these two options, as costs and cortisol levels only go up from here on.

2014-08-05_104259.jpg

Take this as official notice that Zen Magnets LLC is going All-in, and taking "Door #2" as described. We will not settle for any sort of stop-sale of magnets that are perfectly safe when not misused. The hearing is set for December, and we will see that this influential case goes to trial.

We vow to continue this legal, awareness, and lobbying battle, until our very last drop of cash-flow blood. We will combat the CPSC's magnet prohibition until triumph, or until a glorious death of insolvency on the legal battlefield. At the very least, we'll have one more holiday season of availability.

Magnets must be respected, but need not be feared.
❤ Zen Magnets http://zenmagnets.com/
-Zen Magnets

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: Zen Magnets are still attracting...
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 01:54 PM »
This is a horrible travesty. These people have been maliciously prosecuted for no good reason.

Are rare earth magnets dangerous? Yes. If you're an idiot that doesn't learn how to handle them.

I have some. They're great.

However, there is more to this than just magnets as toys. There are new branches of physics that get into EM with some pretty impressive stuff. I then wonder about that... But... that may just be my paranoia. Is there a conspiracy to suppress EM science? These things just make me wonder.

What is being done to these people is criminal.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:47 PM »
All of these companies need to fight back by making a BIGGER set, something about this size (or slightly larger):

Those balls also come in a solid variety, which could easily contain a magnet and get around the whole ban on steel ball magnets. As long as the balls are too large to pass through a standard toilet paper tube, the CPSC wouldn't have a leg to stand on.  ;)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 05:20 PM »
To my surprise they went the opposite direction!

Micromagnets are 2.5mm, half the diameter of Zen Magnets.
-Compliance MicroMagnets
WARNING: Although individual Micromagnets are too weak to be considered "hazardous magnets", the warning we have is the same: Keep them away from faces! Swallowed magnets may stick together across intestines causing serious injury or death. Keep away from children who don't understand this. Seek immediate medical attention of magnets are swallowed or inhaled.
^ "weak magnets"?! :tellme:

Rather than me quoting and quoting, you may visit http://micromagnets.com/

432 Micromagnets, MFV Splitting Card, Construction Guide. $20 + Shipping
2015-10-19_001125.jpg
Our mailing address is: Zen Magnets
PO Box 1744
Boulder, CO 80306
-Zen
1728 Micromagnets, 2 MFV Cards, Metal Building Platform, Extended Guide. $80 + Shipping
2015-10-19_001206.jpg
Designed and tested below the CPSC's "hazardous magnet" strength, Micromagnets are 2.5mm nickel plated Neoballs that are twice the challenge, half the diameter, and a third of the cost of Zen Magnets. Young eyes and clean fingernails are strongly recommended for use. Such obey, very conform, wow.
November Shipping
This is not a sometime-maybe-kickstarter-esque preorder. You'll receive the Micromagnets in time for you to enjoy and order more for the holidays. Production is already under way, and packaging is in final design phases. Preorders will ship in the order made. Flat $5 domestic priority shipping.
-Shipping November

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 12:25 PM »
Awww, they're adorable. I wonder if the durability issues of some previous brands will persist with this smaller size.

- Oshyan

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 01:00 AM »
I was just looking at some today and wondering if I should try to get into the same market. I have few qualms about pissing in the face of stupid regulations. :P

If you want, check here:

http://www.aliexpres...archText=ball+magnet

Lots available for much cheaper. You could buy from the manufacturer and sell them for much more.

Also, I had a shipment of other magnets arrive today.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 01:31 AM »
VERY Limited Final Release
Zenmagnets.com
⌚ Hopefully Zens will return in 2016 ⌚

First of all, let's manage expectations. Most of those waiting to purchase Zen Magnets this holiday season will sadly be disappointed. We only have about 100 Zen Gift Sets, and 100 Original (booster) Zen Sets left. We have 3 Mandala sets and aren't sure how to release them without inciting riots and/or tears, so we're holding on to them for a rainy day or a giveaway.

Unless you're absolutely set on acquiring the very last Zen quality spheres, we recommend trying our new Compliance Micromagnets - or checking out industrial magnet sites for 5mm magnet spheres. Quite frankly, it's amazing we're still able to sell Zen Magnets at all given that - for over a year - we've been the last company fighting the CPSC's ferocious war on magnets. Yes, we are still fighting.

Nov 30th Countdown

Countdown timers have been posted for the last Zen Magnets and Neoballs for sale in the foreseeable future (until the import ban is defeated). On November 30th 8PM Mountain time, you'll be able to add the products to cart. Please limit your order to 2 Gift Zens and 2 Booster Zens, or your entire order will be refunded.

Only a limited quantity of select colors of Neoballs will be available for sale, and no tin packaging is guaranteed. We recommend checking out quickly once a product is in cart. Due to our quirky shopping cart system, if a product sells out after you add to cart, your order will go through but we'll end up refunding payment for sold out items.

Micromagnets Sale Extended

The Compliance Micromagnets presale has been extended until Nov 28th at Micromagnets.com. After that we'll shut off purchasing until all preorders have been shipped the first week of December. Live prices will be about 20% higher than they are right now. Which means they'll still be a great value in about a week.

Micromagnets.com Magnets must be respected, but need not be feared.
-Final Zen Magnets Release Details