topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature Request: Default Style for Callouts, Repeating and Quick typing...  (Read 3984 times)

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Mouser,  I hope all is well.  Sorry I haven't been on the forums much lately...  "Life" has been keeping me pretty busy.

Here are a couple feature request / ideas for Screenshot Captor.  (or maybe these are already possible?)

1.  Set default style for Arrows / Callouts:  I don't really care for the bulky red.  I'd rather If mine defaulted to a slim gray or black with smaller font in the textbox...

2. Repeating:  It would be nice if "Arrow Mode" was sticky.   i.e. So I can do multiple arrows or callouts without having to click the Arrow Icon on the Toolbar each time.  (Maybe SSC could stay in Arrow Mode until I either choose another tool, or press Esc?)

3. Quick Typing:  It would be nice if I could click-n-drag to create the arrow, then immediately start typing text to add a callout window to the arrow.  (i.e. So I don't have to click in the "Edit Arrow Text" text box each time...  The box should automatically become active after creating an arrow.)

So the work flow for creating three callouts would be:
   Press Arrow Tool Icon...
   Click-n-drag...
   Type the text...
   Click-n-drag...
   Type the text...
   Click-n-drag...
   Type the text...
   Press Esc.

Thanks for considering these :) 

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
2. Repeating:  It would be nice if "Arrow Mode" was sticky.   i.e. So I can do multiple arrows or callouts without having to click the Arrow Icon on the Toolbar each time.  (Maybe SSC could stay in Arrow Mode until I either choose another tool, or press Esc?)

there is an option for that:
Screenshot - 2_4_2014 , 9_27_11 AM.png

3. Quick Typing:  It would be nice if I could click-n-drag to create the arrow, then immediately start typing text to add a callout

nice idea, i will try to add an option for that.

1.  Set default style for Arrows / Callouts:

it should be remembering your last settings.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Excellent!  Thanks for the reply.  Unchecking the "Switch to..." did the trick.  And yes, it is remembering my settings...  I'm not sure what my problem was before (?)  Just losing it I guess.   :P

Regarding number 3. Quick Typing:  It occurs to me that I can press <Tab><Tab><Tab><Tab><Tab><Tab><Tab><Tab> and the text entry box will be highlighted...   Maybe you can just change the z-order so the text box gets highlighted first??

Here's another feature idea:  Microsoft Excel has an "auto fill" feature.    If you type
then click-n-drag, you get
Automatically inserted. 

It would be clever if I could make a callout and type a "1." in it, then if I keep adding callouts, the numbers increment.

You could even have an .ini file to define lists of series to use....   Such as
A,B,C,D,E,F,G, etc
I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VII,etc

Just a thot.   ;)

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think the "not remembering settings" thing which shows up here sometimes, is related to deleting temporary files.

That is my best guess anyway. I've lost my settings sometimes and I don't know why exactly. So I'm guessing it's the temp files routine maintenance.