topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Silent Hunter 5 & Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands  (Read 7918 times)

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Silent Hunter 5 & Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
« on: November 05, 2013, 06:43 PM »
NOTE: Site no longer works ... possibly.  Mixed reports, you grabs ya apples and ya tries ya luck. :)

From the OzBargain website: [Uplay] FREE - Silent Hunter 5 & Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Silent_Hunter_5.jpg Prince_Of_Persia_Forgotten_Sands_Box_Artwork.jpg

Silent Hunter 5 Gold Edition
http://www.gamestar....eys/silent-hunter-5/

Silent Hunter 5 takes players behind the periscope of a German Type VII U-boat to take on the Allied Forces in battles across the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea. Players command the U-boat as a submarine captain from a first-person view in a campaign that spans 1939-1943.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
http://www.gamestar....sia-vergessene-zeit/

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands returns to the storyline established by Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, and concluded by Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones - taking place in the seven-year gap between Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

Just click on the games image to receive a free uPlay key. In uPlay simply click on the gear icon in the top right hand corner, then select activate product.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:32 PM by 4wd »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Clicking the image just popped up a blank window. I tried disabling my Ghostery blocker in case I had somehow blocked the script that generates the key, but still nothing happened. Did I just get a virus? :huh:

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hmm, strange you should get a page with a serial number on it - worked for me this morning.

EDIT: Looks like they may have stopped it, since they've probably just woken up this morning to an enormous number of hits on the website from everywhere not in Germany.

I'm guessing the website may have got hammered, perhaps they might have fixed it by nighttime there, (they haven't pulled it down so they may still go ahead with it).

I'll keep checking every few hours and see what happens.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:29 AM by 4wd »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Worked for me yesterday too.  And thanks for the heads up!

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Looks like it may be a deal that happened earlier this year but they hadn't pulled the site after it expired.

Sorry you missed out Deo, I'll mark it expired.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: [EXPIRED] Silent Hunter 5 & Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 01:30 PM »
working okay now

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 01:34 PM »
so... unexpire it 4wd? :)

Maybe get Deo to check...

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 02:35 PM »
That's OK. I've had plenty of opportunity to pick up PoP in Steam sales in the past. But I wasn't ever *that* interested. So I don't mind still not having it. Thanks though.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 02:44 PM »
It's pretty good... the only PoP I ever finished, and I chronically don't finish any games.  It kept my attention, and while it could be difficult, it was never frustrating.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 02:54 PM »
I played the "original" PoP reboot on the Gamecube back in the day. I think it was called Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I enjoyed it. I finished it, too. But there were some situations which felt cheap (as in unfair), like how enemies could knock you down and then while the animation was playing of your character getting up again (and you are unable to control your character at all in this time) they could hit you again and knock you down again, essentially causing you to die at full health because you got stuck in a loop of getting knocked over repeatedly and there was nothing you could do about it if you didn't have enough sand to rewind time enough. )c:

As I said, I did complete it, and I enjoyed it overall.

But after that they took the series and tried to get too "edgy" and "mature" for me, which actually resulted in the typical adolescent idea of maturity and edginess, i.e., harder/louder music, nudity, swearing, and an angrier protagonist.

No thanks.

I lost interest in the franchise after that.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 03:07 PM »
The one that's being offered doesn't have any of that in it- it's teen because of the violence, but I guess I didn't play the middle 'edgy' ones; this was supposed to be a change back to that one that you finished, as it's in the interim between that and the second one, but with a more modern engine.  I think that they did get feedback with the way that the series was going, and decided to go back to that era after the first reboot.

The one thing that they seem to have done away with that made me originally get it on the 360 was that it was one of the first to use that ubisoft drm that required you to be online.  But that seems to be gone now, thankfully.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Silent Hunter 5 & Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 04:30 PM »
so... unexpire it 4wd? :)

Maybe get Deo to check...

I've unexpired it but it still doesn't work for me - even going through a VPN to Germany doesn't help.

Mixed reports on the OzB site as to whether or not it works - seems to be hit or miss.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Silent Hunter 5 & Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Never worked for me on this end of the world. That's a shame because it's an offer on a German website and there is still some kind of a German "colony" here in Paraguay, with German street names and what not. To my knowledge the sister of Friedrich Nietzsche was heavily involved with this...and Wikipedia confirms this (and I'll stop there, before involuntary invoking Godwin's law).

You would think that German website could make an exemption... :P