topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Strange Pyramid  (Read 14388 times)

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Strange Pyramid
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:07 PM »

[ Yes, it is strange....]

Crystal Pyramid in Bermuda Triangle

http://tinyurl.com/c3lffhc

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Strange Pyramid
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 10:05 PM »
WT... That's a joke...right? IIRC Bermuda's mystery was already solved as random methane gas pocket releases.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 12:51 AM »
The pyramid is an advanced bio-digester and therefore the cause of the methane gas pockets*.

* And thus the cause of the depleted marine life.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 04:07 PM »
WT... That's a joke...right? IIRC Bermuda's mystery was already solved as random methane gas pocket releases.
-Stoic Joker (May 10, 2013, 10:05 PM)

Well, that's what "they" claimed. Of course scientist have a way of changing their stories over time when newer tech becomes available and proves old claims null and void.  lol

The methane gas pockets is/was their only explanation, which don't add up to a pile of beans.  Methane pockets are real and sometimes they release millions of cubic feet of gas at once causing ships unfortunate enough to be over them at the time to sink, and can cause aircraft to lose altitude rapidly and engines to either stall or ignite the gas cloud creating a massive explosion.

But who knows what else is down there thousands of feet below the surface.  The oceans are the last explored place on earth, and we have barely begun to scratch the surface with our most recent technology.  One day perhaps we'll have the technology to go down 20,000 feet under the surface and explore a whole different world.  If aliens are on earth, that would be the perfect place to hide, where we can't go.....

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 12:22 AM »
Aw jeez, it's the Weekly World News, the folks who brought us "Bat Boy" and "Aliens meeting with Bill Clinton".  :-\

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 07:50 PM »
Aw jeez, it's the Weekly World News, the folks who brought us "Bat Boy" and "Aliens meeting with Bill Clinton".  :-\

Um....actually it's from MSN.com's "The Weekly Strange".

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Lower right hand corner of the video, at 0:29.

I did a brief search about this, and in all the stories I found there's a lot of vague references to "research teams", "scientists", pictures and video being shown at "a conference", etc.  Notice the lack of specifics there.  The names mentioned don't turn up anything significant either, except for this History Channel show about the discoverer:

Call me a skeptic, but all these missing details just screams "Hoax" or "Fake news" a la WWN.  It would be pretty cool to be proven wrong, though.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Call me a skeptic, but all these missing details just screams "Hoax" or "Fake news" a la WWN.  It would be pretty cool to be proven wrong, though.

Well, either way, I posted it because it was interesting, not because I believe it.....

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 07:34 PM »
TinyURL is bad form. . .

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 08:02 PM »
Call me a skeptic, but all these missing details just screams "Hoax" or "Fake news" a la WWN.  It would be pretty cool to be proven wrong, though.

Well, either way, I posted it because it was interesting, not because I believe it.....

Well, thank heaven for that, I was beginning to worry...  ;)
I have to admit, I also find it interesting to think "what if..." on things of this nature.  I used to be a regular listener to Coast to Coast while Art Bell was still the host, and enjoyed it immensely, though I had to constantly reset my BS meter for "stun".
 ;D

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 08:56 PM »
TinyURL is bad form. . .

Hey, I don't force anyone to click on a url, it's only "bad form" if you don't like it.  The web address was about a paragraph long, so I shortened it for brevity.

You can always to to http://unshorten.it/ to see where it goes.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 10:19 PM »
There's a nifty thing called hyperlinks that allow people to see the entire URL without having to actually display the whole thing. (c:

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 11:54 PM »
There's a nifty thing called hyperlinks that allow people to see the entire URL without having to actually display the whole thing. (c:

Not in the age of blog posting! Only medum-savvy users know to roll over a link!
See my rant elsewhere about "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here".

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 01:57 AM »
I'd consider the folks here at DC to generally be fairly internet-savvy. :Thmbsup:

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 02:11 AM »
Yeah, but viewing the forum on a touch-screen/tablet doesn't offer the mouse-hover that a standard, mouse equiped, PC does :huh:

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 05:02 PM »

Not in the age of blog posting! Only medum-savvy users know to roll over a link!
See my rant elsewhere about "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here" and "here".

Oh god no, not going there again!  Last time it almost froze my browser...   :D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 05:50 PM »
I have to agree with the comments against link shortening on the forum:
Shortented links should not be used on this forum.

Because a shortened link hides the destination, it should be considered a security risk and inappropriate in all cases except where you have a VERY good reason to be concerned with the length of the text (like in a twitter post).

No one should be using shortened links (or any kind of link proxies) on the forum.

ps. how is it that this thread is still alive?  :-\

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 06:48 PM »
I have to agree with the comments against link shortening on the forum:
Shortented links should not be used on this forum.

Because a shortened link hides the destination, it should be considered a security risk and inappropriate in all cases except where you have a VERY good reason to be concerned with the length of the text (like in a twitter post).

No one should be using shortened links (or any kind of link proxies) on the forum.

ps. how is it that this thread is still alive?  :-\

Do you make up the rules as you go along or is there a post somewhere outlining the do's and don'ts on the forums?  I'm really getting tired of being the bad guy just for posting....

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 06:52 PM »
We're all just figuring out this stuff as we go I'm afraid..

No one's saying you're the bad guy -- we're all the guinea pigs here making mistakes and trying to come up with better ways to do things.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 07:49 PM »
As long as everything is sent to me for approval  :P

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 08:06 PM »
We're all just figuring out this stuff as we go I'm afraid..

No one's saying you're the bad guy -- we're all the guinea pigs here making mistakes and trying to come up with better ways to do things.

What needs to be done is a pinned "Rules" topic in the Main Area of the forums, a guideline for posting in DoCo's public forums.  If something comes up in the future you can just add to the list and give notice of changes so nobody misses it.  I would also add a "Please Read BEFORE posting" sign on the topic.
  This will hopefully alleviate any posting problems in the future....

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 08:25 PM »
I agree we could use a "Forum Guidelines" topic somewhere.. Though there is so much info scattered everywhere on the forum and so much to read, i'm not sure we would benefit from yet another sticky post that people need to read before getting started.

Still, it's an excellent idea to have a thread somewhere where we can point people to when a question arises, that summarizes all guidelines..

I've started one here: https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=34981

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 08:26 PM »
I dunno.  It's difficult, at best, to set up such guidelines.  It requires either a didactic attitude or a degree of prescience that few of us are lucky enough to possess.  It's easy to say, for instance, no politics or no religion, but what seems political to others may not seem political to me.  Religion is even worse, since that can vary within particular religious groups, much less from culture to culture.  At best, be polite might be specified, but other folk have a different idea of what polite might be than my interpretation.  Maybe don't be confrontational?  But that would pretty much ban significant areas of discussion.  Other than very broad/general suggestions - which I thimk exist, at least in the general Living Room, Basement and like designations, hard and fast rules tend to limit conversation and chase folk away.

Just my opinion, of course.  I've been castigated (to my mind, at least at the time) a time or three, but I'm still here because this forum is one (1) of the very few that allows expression of differences without personal bias or discrimination.

:two:

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 07:39 AM »
I think a Guidelines sticky thread would be a good addition. When someone joins the forum, they should be forwarded to the Guidelines page first-thing.

I'm still here because this forum is one (1) of the very few that allows expression of differences without personal bias or discrimination.

I completely appreciate that comment, and I support free speech. I also, however, think that a web forum is like a public building. Is it smoking or non-smoking? Is loitering allowed. Is there a sign that says, Please use other door? Every environment has a culture that comes to be accepted because the majority of those in that environment support the expressions of that culture.

*Shrug* Just my 2 cents.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 04:29 PM »
I agree we could use a "Forum Guidelines" topic somewhere.. Though there is so much info scattered everywhere on the forum and so much to read, i'm not sure we would benefit from yet another sticky post that people need to read before getting started.

Still, it's an excellent idea to have a thread somewhere where we can point people to when a question arises, that summarizes all guidelines..

I've started one here: https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=34981

Couple of other things that you mentioned to me a while back that's not in there.

1.  How many post of different subjects posted in a forum at one time?

2. Color codes?