topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SkyDrive Bookmarklet  (Read 6648 times)

Nzyme

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SkyDrive Bookmarklet
« on: May 01, 2013, 03:18 AM »
Hi, I have a SkyDrive account with lots of folders & subfolders.

Is there are script/extension (preferably for Chrome) that would help me to save images directly to SkyDrive?

When we right-click on any image on any webpage, there should be a context menu option like "Save to SkyDrive" and then it should first ask me to login (one time activity) and then show me the list of root folders on my SkyDrive account where I can expand and navigate to the desired subfolder and then save the image to that folder.

Thanks

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: SkyDrive Bookmarklet
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 06:14 AM »
Try Google Chrome App Store: Save to Drive
Save link, image, audio and video to Google Driveā„¢
You will find a new menu item in your context menu, allowing you to save links, images, HTML 5 audios and HTML 5 videos to Google Drive. Flash audio / video is not supported.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 10:47 AM »
Another one in the Google Chrome App Store: Save to Google Drive
Save web content to Google Drive.
The Save to Google Drive Chrome extension helps you save web content to your Google Drive.
* Adds a browser action to save the current page.
* Adds a right-click context menu to save hyperlinks and media.

This extension allow you to save web content directly to Google Drive through a browser action or context menu. You can save links to documents, images, and HTML5 audio and video all by right clicking and selecting 'Save to Google Drive'. You can save the currently viewed page using the 'Save to Google Drive' browser action. The format of saved HTML pages can be controlled with the extension's options page (Choice of Entire image (default), Visible image, Raw HTML, MHTML, or Google Doc). You can automatically convert Microsoft Office files or comma separated files to Google docs format.

After your content is saved, the progress dialog allows you to open the file, rename, or view the file in the Google Drive document list. From the document list, you can organize and share your new document.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 10:55 AM »
I think he wanted SkyDrive :)

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member

Nzyme

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 03:46 AM »
Try this -> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cloud-save/dlbemabjbfhjcccahjioenmkgimjbbkd?hl=en
-c.gingerich (May 01, 2013, 03:03 PM)

I actually tried this extension but for some reason, this does not work. I mean I installed this and on a webpage, when I right clicked on an image and selected the option Cloudsave > Save as > skydrive, it just says "saving" but this window remains for a long time and nothing happens. I have to cancel this window. I tried on 2 to 3 images

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 05:41 AM »
Oops, sorry, pointing to the wrong kind of X-Drive in my 2 responses above. More haste, less speed...

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 07:50 AM »
Try this -> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cloud-save/dlbemabjbfhjcccahjioenmkgimjbbkd?hl=en

I actually tried this extension but for some reason, this does not work. I mean I installed this and on a webpage, when I right clicked on an image and selected the option Cloudsave > Save as > skydrive, it just says "saving" but this window remains for a long time and nothing happens. I have to cancel this window. I tried on 2 to 3 images

I think it says in the notes on the extension that it isn't ready for prime time yet in regards to skydrive, i.e.

minus.com works now, but Skydrive is still not ready yet, because Microsoft requires a redirect domain for a web app to use their Live connect API, but I don't have any domain right now;

Nzyme

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 02:26 AM »

I think it says in the notes on the extension that it isn't ready for prime time yet in regards to skydrive, i.e.

minus.com works now, but Skydrive is still not ready yet, because Microsoft requires a redirect domain for a web app to use their Live connect API, but I don't have any domain right now;

Ok, thanks for the info!

Nzyme

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 10:39 AM »
Is there a extension / script which allows me to select the folders / subfolders to save files to Google Drive? For example, bookmax allows us to bookmark pages by allowing us to select folders/subfolders...

kilele

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 02:49 PM »
Dunno if you guys could take advantage of this nice tool to make many webapps work together
IFTTT (If This Then That)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 03:43 PM »
I was browsing in the Chrome apps store and did a search on "skydrive" extensions and came up with some potentially useful hits. Had you tried that?
If not, try here: https://chrome.googl...-extensions/skydrive