topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The Piece for my Son (and Daughter-in-Law)'s Wedding  (Read 4636 times)

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The Piece for my Son (and Daughter-in-Law)'s Wedding
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:10 AM »
I'm just taking a quick breather from my creative endeavours, as I've just got one off my plate; and I thought you'd be interested in what's keeping me busy...

If any of you followed my links to my Bushwalking Mosaics you'll understand where the inspiration for the piece came from, and if you're interested you can read more of the why and how here:

I've pulled out the end tile of the animation as the final PhotoMosaic. On the site I've added an interactive version where all the tiles are available as a pop-up thumbnail and full size image; not that you'll know anyone :).
Watch the video first!
mosaic.jpg

So... that's one son down and one more to go (youngest son has his wedding in under 4 weeks)  :'(  :'(  :'( I think I've got his piece under control...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: The Piece for my Son (and Daughter-in-Law)'s Wedding
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:12 AM »
Very sweet.. I can sense your happiness and pride from here -- it's a nice feeling.  :up:

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:39 AM »
Nice work. (c:

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 10:49 AM »
Good work Perry!

Start saving, grand-parenthood ain't cheap  :)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 02:19 PM »
One word: Lovely! :) :Thmbsup:

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Thanks guys: I'm not sure when the world changed Chris, but the grooms parents now pay just as much as the brides  :o   (or are we soft touches?  ;)  )

I'm now working on my third son's wedding piece, which will actually be printed and manufactured, although along a similar theme: but at least once it's at the printers I wont have performance issues to worry about  ;)

I think I'm going to have to go for a walk when these are done: just to clear my head!

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 08:26 AM »
@Perry
I'm not sure when the world changed Chris, but the grooms parents now pay just as much as the brides
Indeed, but I'm talking about funding for the next generation  ;D

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 10:21 AM »
Thanks guys: I'm not sure when the world changed Chris, but the grooms parents now pay just as much as the brides  :o   (or are we soft touches?  ;)  )

No, not soft touches.  Just already concerned about your daughter-in-law and her family, in my estimation. ;)  And great work!  Very beautiful! :)

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 10:23 PM »
You are right (and I wasn't serious)... but I still find the change concerning as it's like reducing the size of the can of Baked Beans but keeping the price the same.

I was also shocked, or maybe 'confronted' is better, by the "Wedding Industry"... how can we let this level of materialism happen? You mention wedding and instantly zeros are added to the price... and the poor couple are emotionally blackmailed with phrases like "your special day".

Thankfully our kids got strong heads (from somewhere?): Keren's reception ended up $50 something a head (which I think is extremely reasonable, even if we are paying  ;) )  Goodness only know what it'll be like for their kids (maybe Chris is right and we should start saving now? ;) ) ...which reminds me I've just about finished The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better, which is one of the better books I've ever (nearly) read.