topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Chrome Subtabs Extension - Does this exist?  (Read 4862 times)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Chrome Subtabs Extension - Does this exist?
« on: October 05, 2012, 01:39 PM »
I had been doing some looking for an extension that performs a certain set of functions for organizational purposes within chrome.

If you are like me, you have a bunch of tabs open, even multiple for the same site. What I am looking for is a "subtabs" extension that will take any tab and allow them to be grouped under a single parent tab. Upon navigation to the parent, the children tabs are expanded and placed under the parent, in a second row of tabs.

In a similar fashion, I would like the extension to be able to perform "smart grouping" that automatically puts children tabs under a parent of the same root domain (google.com, microsoft.com, donationcoder.com, etc.).

Does anyone know of such a concoction?

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Chrome Subtabs Extension - Does this exist?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 04:37 PM »
I had been doing some looking for an extension that performs a certain set of functions for organizational purposes within chrome.

If you are like me, you have a bunch of tabs open, even multiple for the same site. What I am looking for is a "subtabs" extension that will take any tab and allow them to be grouped under a single parent tab. Upon navigation to the parent, the children tabs are expanded and placed under the parent, in a second row of tabs.

In a similar fashion, I would like the extension to be able to perform "smart grouping" that automatically puts children tabs under a parent of the same root domain (google.com, microsoft.com, donationcoder.com, etc.).

Does anyone know of such a concoction?

I like "ripping" off a tab, then it becomes a spawn page, then you make you new tabs under that like normal. It's thematically nice for situations like JobAd JobAd JobAd TvTropes TvTropes TvTropes TvTropes TvTropes

;D

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 09:34 AM »
Necro-Thread Revival Powers, ACTIVATE!

Does anyone have any new input for this? I would love to see threads from a similar domain displayed under a primary tab, or even available via hover - click.

Thoughts?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 09:58 AM »
I haven't used Chrome much - and this doesnt qualify exactly, but might do the job. (Last time I used this was about six months ago.)
It's like session saver crossed with your idea.

Tom

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Necro-Thread Revival Powers, ACTIVATE!

Does anyone have any new input for this? ...

Thoughts?

All I have is a new thought, it's way left field from what you are officially asking for, just something I have been doing lately:

1. By now y'all have heard me praise Trandesk,which is my favorite little desktop splitter. So then if you're working with too much stuff, like the aformentioned windows & tabs-within-windows and apps and folders Oh my! - just click over into a new cheerfully colored tab! Start all over!  8)

2. But my other trick (tied in with the Browser Wars thread) is to use BOTH Firefox "Regular" AND PaleMoon (or maybe Waterfox). Specifically, Yahoo Mail makes a snit if I try to open two separate yahoo mail accounts. But I can open two of them at once if I open Account #1 in "Firefox Natural" and #2 in "PaleMoon".

Heh sorry for being tangential!

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 11:38 PM »
Do they already have such an extension in Firefox?!?! I need that extension!

Jim