topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Hello Strangers.  (Read 6281 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello Strangers.
« on: November 22, 2012, 03:19 PM »
Hey guys,

Wow, it feels like forever since I last opened up a new post window here on DonationCoder with intent on actually making a post.

I know I dissapeared without really saying much to anybody, and without really explaining why.  Well...For those that are bothered...Here it is in a nutshell.

When I first left DonationCoder, it was because of personal problems between me and my better half...I was spending WAY to much time online, and letting my actual relationship deteriorate.  Obviously, once I had realized this, I had to take drastic action in order to resolve things between me and Hayley.  I did so, by shutting my PC down, unhooking all the wires, and packing all of our things to go on a trip (Me, Hayley and our doggy; Munch).

Well...I wish life was as simple as this...Although the first few weeks of this was probably the greatest we had had in such a long time....However, medical problems arose (with myself) for which I am still undergoing in-depth tests for as my Doctors really don't know what is going on. 

Oh how I wish that this was the end of the tale...unfortunately however...That isn't so.

A few weeks ago, we got a call to tell us that Hayley's big brother had gone missing and because of this, had been reported missing with the police, so we came straight home to be with the family...Facebook pages and such where launched to help us try locate him...then 6 days later, we got a call from the police saying they had found a body in the local canal.  Needless to say, it was him, and after formal identification and such we had to go to the funeral and deal with a LOT of family troubles (feuds and such).

Well...Thats as short as I could possibly make it.

I hope this goes some way to explaining where I have been for the past (I don't even know how long it has been).

-Stephen

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Hello Strangers.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 03:42 PM »
Jeez, only read this now (had it opened a while).
Eh, it's nice to see you again Stephen, but I wish for you it was under better circumstances.
It probably sounds a bit lame, but I really hope things work out okay (things can always work out okay - sometimes you've got to add an eventually to that though...)
Tom

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 03:48 PM »
Jeez, only read this now (had it opened a while).
Eh, it's nice to see you again Stephen, but I wish for you it was under better circumstances.
It probably sounds a bit lame, but I really hope things work out okay (things can always work out okay - sometimes you've got to add an eventually to that though...)

:) Everything's on the mend now (It seems) So yeah, lifes looking better!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Very glad to see you back Stephen  :up:

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 04:51 PM »
WB :up: you've been missed...
Sorry for the unhappy stuff that happened to you :(

And your personal health issues are not caused by being deprived of your daily dose of DoCo? :-[

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 04:54 PM »
Hi Stephen,

I'm sorry for your troubles, and condolences on the loss of your brother-in-law. I'm glad things seem to be on the mend now. You've been missed.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 07:22 PM »
When I first left DonationCoder, it was because of personal problems between me and my better half...I was spending WAY to much time online, and letting my actual relationship deteriorate.  Obviously, once I had realized this, I had to take drastic action in order to resolve things between me and ....
Been there, done that - literally. Once you reach that point, it's too late - end of story.

As for the rest, I'm really sorry to hear that - I hope things are going to get better. ("They always do", screw that - that's not how you feel. I bet you want to see the world burn, which is only natural. But that's not going to happen, and... well fsckit, I have no wise words to dispense. Hang in there, man.)
- carpe noctem

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 07:33 PM »
When I first left DonationCoder, it was because of personal problems between me and my better half...I was spending WAY to much time online, and letting my actual relationship deteriorate.  Obviously, once I had realized this, I had to take drastic action in order to resolve things between me and ....
Been there, done that - literally. Once you reach that point, it's too late - end of story.

Well, not always.  Especially if you have a very understanding other half and are willing to put in the diligence to make it work, which apparently Stephen is/has.  And keep diligent to make sure it doesn't get to that extent again.  I wish you all the best in that, and in everything else.

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 07:36 PM »
Sorry to see things happening to you. Good to see you back.

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 07:46 PM »
 8) Thanks for the kind words guys.

Just thought I should mention...I didn't post this as a "Please feel sorry for me", rather "This is where I have been, and this is why" :)

Thought I should mention in-case anybody thinks otherwise hehe  :-*

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 08:32 PM »
Regardless, we all wish you the best. Both of you please take the time to mourn, and more-so time to appreciate what you still have together. 8)

erikts

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 12:27 AM »
It's good to have Stephen66515 back.  :Thmbsup:

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 02:36 AM »
8) Thanks for the kind words guys.

Just thought I should mention...I didn't post this as a "Please feel sorry for me", rather "This is where I have been, and this is why" :)

Thought I should mention in-case anybody thinks otherwise hehe  :-*

in that case we take it all back :P
Tom

eleman

• Spam Killer
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 02:36 AM »
I hope you will have much better time from now on, sorry for your loss and problems.

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 05:22 AM »
Stephen66515,

We are happy that you overcome your problems.

I saw my mother suffering due to indifference of my father. And I pledged my priority:
1. Family (wife, kids)
2. Work (job, money)
3. Relatives, Friends
4. Myself (Freeware, movie, fun)

Well you can see, I have not been able to start my 2013 pledge, as my family is requiring my time. I am ready to give one/two night of sleep if I have to, to make the app (in case). But no way I will cut my family time.

I do not want my family to suffer as I did.

Regards,

Anand