topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:49 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: aShampoo Burning Studio 11  (Read 15355 times)

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
aShampoo Burning Studio 11
« on: September 02, 2012, 07:27 PM »
I just happened to come across this last night, and sure was glad too. This is a highly recommended suite, I just bought aShampoo Burning Studio version 11 last night. I've been using their products for years now. For the next two days both version 10 and 11 are 80% off, as with everything else they sell!!!!! V10 is selling for $7.99 and version 11 for $9.99. Kind of hard to pass up on a deal like that...Check out their other software for 80% off too.....

aShampoo
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:02 PM by Tinman57 »

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: aShampoo
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 07:35 PM »
Dang... For $10, hard to go wrong! (I'm constantly having troubles with other titles... bought.)
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 07:41 PM »
Dang... For $10, hard to go wrong! (I'm constantly having troubles with other titles... bought.)
  Exactly what I thought.  I have Nero 10 updated to 11, but have nothing but problems with it.  And unless you use it every day for months at a time it's really hard to get around and use it.  And then there's the bloat.  I downloaded Burning Studio and it was only 176 mb, and it's not stripped down in any way.  As far as I can tell it has everything that Nero has.  Plus there's some themes and other stuff you can download to beef it up some more, but I don't need anything else than what it has now.
  I haven't had time to play with it yet, but it comes highly recommended from several sources, and other software I have from them has worked great in the past.  Here's to hoping that they're still as good as people say......

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 06:37 AM »
Been using that one for years - v6,7,8,9, now on 10. There's not a huge amount of change between 8, 9, 10 (havent checked 11) but the tool is solid and has never caused me problems on any of my computers. I lost count of how many licenses I have bought over the years :)

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 08:21 AM »
I've been using the free version of Burning Studio 10 for quite a while, and I've been VERY happy with it.  It has worked well even when other programs have not.  Ashampoo continually sends me email offers to upgrade to the paid version of 11, but I've never seen a reason to do so. 

Ennovy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Thanks for sharing   :up: Bought myself a license  :)

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 07:48 PM »
  And on another note, their tech support is really good too.  :)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 07:48 AM »
Hi Tinman, any chance you could add "Burning Studio" to the title in the OP.
Will make it easier to find, thanks!

I got version 11. I havent tried much with it yet, but it's not working out well for me so far:

• burn .mp4 file to DVD - gave a codec error (I then installed DVD Flick and that worked fine)
  • the "Add" dialogue for data discs is pretty wonky - sub-folders show sometimes, sometimes not, sometimes some. I get it now, they're trying to hide all sub-folders, but not successfully
  • adding folders to a disc via the "Add" dialogue is almost impossible - I had to get the folder path and paste it. That may be intentional, but not helpful to me.

I think I'll leave it rest for a month or two, hopefully they'll bring out an update...
Tom

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 12:35 PM »
I forgot to say:

Burning Studio 11 and Ashampoo Music Studio 4, (which I won, but would not recommend), when launched, they open a popup (I think it's one per day), advertising (so far) their Uninstaller.

Not nice behaviour for paid software - even if it is cheap... I dont think they did this in previous versions (?)
Tom

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: aShampoo Burning Studio 11
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 06:17 PM »
Hi Tinman, any chance you could add "Burning Studio" to the title in the OP.
Will make it easier to find, thanks!

I got version 11. I havent tried much with it yet, but it's not working out well for me so far:

• burn .mp4 file to DVD - gave a codec error (I then installed DVD Flick and that worked fine)
  • the "Add" dialogue for data discs is pretty wonky - sub-folders show sometimes, sometimes not, sometimes some. I get it now, they're trying to hide all sub-folders, but not successfully
  • adding folders to a disc via the "Add" dialogue is almost impossible - I had to get the folder path and paste it. That may be intentional, but not helpful to me.

I think I'll leave it rest for a month or two, hopefully they'll bring out an update...
  I Changed the subject title...
  I haven't had the problems you listed yet, but I haven't done a data disk burn yet.  I normally just copy/paste in Windows Explorer for data with InCD running in the background.
  Under "Settings>Service-Channel" you can turn off advertisements, announcements and other messages.
  Only problem I had was with the DVD +R DL media that I was using, kept getting a disk error.  I tried another brand (Not Memorex) and it works just fine now.  I've always had problems with the Memorex brand...  And note that their customer support went into action as soon as I emailed them with the problem.  If your having an issue, you should report it to them.  It may be something simple....

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 02:41 AM »
Thanks for that very helpful response Tinman.

I'll have another go today at burning that data disc.

Advertising in paid software is not on though - I'll say that directly to them if I contact them. Also, that if it can be disabled this should be stated clearly beside/under the ads. I'll put it on my todo list - doesnt mean it'll get done though ;-)
Ironically I just started both apps and didnt get any popups.
Tom

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 09:50 AM »
I too have seen pop-up ads in Ashampoo's paid products--in my case, it was Photo Commander.  That really turned me off.  Ironically, I've been using the free version of Burning Studio 10, and I don't recall seeing any advertising.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 10:10 AM »
have you had trouble with CD Burner XP?  I've been using that lately and have had no problems.  Let me know, cuz I may purchase ashampoo as well.  I used to use their burning studio, but cdburner xp has been doing great.  I went from Nero-->ashampoo-->cdburner xp

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 06:23 PM »
Thanks for that very helpful response Tinman.

I'll have another go today at burning that data disc.

Advertising in paid software is not on though - I'll say that directly to them if I contact them. Also, that if it can be disabled this should be stated clearly beside/under the ads. I'll put it on my todo list - doesnt mean it'll get done though ;-)
Ironically I just started both apps and didnt get any popups.

That is strange if your still getting ads or messages and it's turned off.  Normally that's reserved for trial versions.  The last time I ran it I was having problems with something in the background freezing up Burning Studio, or so I thought anyhow.  So I killed it with the task manager and the next time I ran it I got the ads/messages.  Then I noticed that I was running under trial.  Apparently the registration got munged when I manually killed it and once I re-input the code the ads went away.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 06:25 PM »
have you had trouble with CD Burner XP?  I've been using that lately and have had no problems.  Let me know, cuz I may purchase ashampoo as well.  I used to use their burning studio, but cdburner xp has been doing great.  I went from Nero-->ashampoo-->cdburner xp

Your about a couple weeks late if your looking for the special $9.99 price.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 10:15 PM »
Your about a couple weeks late if your looking for the special $9.99 price.
It may be that that offer has expired, but Ashampoo runs offers quite frequently.  In fact, if they still offer a free version of Burning Studio, install that.  If you do, I bet you'll soon be getting very substantial discount offers from Ashampoo in your email.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 02:10 AM »
Speaking of

Giveaway of the Day - Ashampoo Burning Studio 2012
http://www.giveawayo...burning-studio-2012/

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 08:27 AM »
Notice that for those wanting the $9.99 offer for Burning Studio 11, it's available by first downloading and installing Burning Studio 12: "Upgrade to Ashampoo Burning Studio 11 at a discount from within the Burning Studio 2012! Buy at $9.99 instead of usual $49.99."

It kinda makes you wonder about their numbering system, but....  FWIW, I think I'll stick with the free version of Burning Studio 10, which has served me very well.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 04:57 PM »
Speaking of

Well I spoke too soon, for the next 4 days Burning Studio 11 is on sale for $9.99 again!!!

The give-away site states "The program is available for $49.99 (for Burning Studio 11), but it will be free for our visitors as a time-limited offer", which makes me wonder why they would be giving it away on this site while it's being sold on aShampoo's site.  Plus, according to aShampoo's site, there's no such thing as Burning Studio 2012!
  So I kind of wonder what they put into this package to make it "2012".  Adware perhaps?  I dunno, but I don't trust things like that.  Kind of makes you wonder....

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 05:13 PM »
^^woo...but I don't think I have a good reason for buying.  cd bunre xp is pretty damn good.  And for dvd production, i use professional quality tools only because I am an obnoxiously picky person and like to complicate my life needlessly.

chrisa52

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 10:06 AM »
Been using it for years. Fairly light footprint.
They issue an update about every 12 months. I always wait for deals to pick up newer versions around $10.

As others have noted Nero is just bloated and hard to get around unless you use it every day.
Does what it says. I recommend it highly.

It's Later Than You Think.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 10:37 AM »
And for dvd production, i use professional quality tools only because I am an obnoxiously picky person and like to complicate my life needlessly.

And we like that about you. :) So what are you using for DVD burning/producing?

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 11:07 AM »
And for dvd production, i use professional quality tools only because I am an obnoxiously picky person and like to complicate my life needlessly.

And we like that about you. :) So what are you using for DVD burning/producing?
Well, last time I played around with it, DVDfab was the acclaimed recommendation, and I liked it also.  It's flexible and powerful, perhaps a little complicated, but it's a complicated thing to make dvd menus and stuff if you want to customize every little thing.
I found the most annoying part of the whole process converting the videos into the proper dvd format (video_ts, etc.).  It takes a long time, it's complicated, huge files, very annoying.  It is this precise reason why i don't really do this often...it takes too long.

In my opinion, dvd's and their format is old hat.  Time to move on.  I like mkv files because mkv has a lot of features.  It would be cool to be able to purchase an mkv file eventually.  So currently I'm more interested in mkv creation tools vs dvd creation tools.  I don't think you can have menus in mkv files, but you can have chapters within the files and multiple audio streams and subs.  So in one file, you can shove in a whole bunch of stuff.  If I were a producer, I'd look into suites that can output mkv files with lots of customizeable options.

For video editing, after trying a bunch of suites, i settled on sony vegas.  Haven't tried outputting to mkv yet.  This is off topic...