topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: What's a good discussion forum for movie buffs?  (Read 8852 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What's a good discussion forum for movie buffs?
« on: July 16, 2012, 11:07 AM »
Do any of you know a popular and large movie buff forum?  Somewhere where I can ask:
"What are some of the best swordfighting scenes you've seen?"

and I'll get dozens of responses from all sorts of films?

Thanks.  I did a google seach, but didn't easily find forums that were very active.  Thanks.'

I was thinking of a screenwriter's forum, but I think I prefer a regular movie buff forum.  Screenwriters tend to be a little too contrariany for me.  But I'm interested in good screenwriter forums also.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: What's a good discussion forum for movie buffs?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:48 PM »
With regards to your movie question, the sword fight I remember best is the one I saw in the movie Stardust...where the clashing of swords is in the rhythm of the background music.

Just so you know...  :)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 07:00 PM »
JoBlo's forum (http://www.joblo.com/forums/ ) used to be pretty active although it may not have the depth you're looking for.

I suppose you could always start one. Best way to get it rolling might be to team up with a few movie sites that prefer to stick to news and clips and don't want to run their own forum. Be forewarned, there's a lot of posturing and nonsense that tends to go on wherever film gets discussed. Probably why some of the most logical sites to have a forum elected not to do one.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 07:32 PM »
JoBlo's forum (http://www.joblo.com/forums/ ) used to be pretty active although it may not have the depth you're looking for.

I suppose you could always start one. Best way to get it rolling might be to team up with a few movie sites that prefer to stick to news and clips and don't want to run their own forum. Be forewarned, there's a lot of posturing and nonsense that tends to go on wherever film gets discussed. Probably why some of the most logical sites to have a forum elected not to do one.
Thanks, I'll check it out.  What is it about movies?  It really seems to bring out the contrarian in people.  I'm the guiltiest! 

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 07:35 PM »
With regards to your movie question, the sword fight I remember best is the one I saw in the movie Stardust...where the clashing of swords is in the rhythm of the background music.

Just so you know...  :)
I'll be sure to check it out.  This is exactly the kind of help I like.  The educational part for me is not if it's good or bad according to whoever, but the fact that it stuck in your memory.  That by itself is significant.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 03:25 AM »
IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes both have comments... not sure if that's quite what you're looking for though.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

bottomsupproductions

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 02:01 AM »
We at Bottoms Up! are movie buffs. Check out our homage we paid to director Martin Scorsese!!!

http://www.youtube.c.../watch?v=shCfUvNlzn8