topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Hard Disk Sentinel Professional: 25 Lifetime Licenses  (Read 12755 times)

sujay85

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Insights in Technology
    • Donate to Member
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional: 25 Lifetime Licenses
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:34 AM »
If you haven't heard about Hard Disk Sentinel Professional please see the thread
https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=29796.0

I am running a special contest on my site that I have posted here. You can also find a review there in my site.

I am disgusted to see same persons participating in all contests. I am posting here because I want some good members to grab the offer, not just the regular ones who jump over any promotional offers.

sujay85

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Insights in Technology
    • Donate to Member
Re: Hard Disk Sentinel Professional: 25 Lifetime Licenses
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 05:18 AM »
I think I should have posted on Found Deals and Discounts Section.

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 06:16 AM »
Looks like a nice tool and a good review, thanks for posting about it no matter where it ended up :Thmbsup:.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 09:34 AM »
Looks like a nice tool and a good review...
It's an excellent tool - refer Hard Disk Sentinel PRO - Mini-Review    :Thmbsup:    :Thmbsup:    :Thmbsup:
- which I coincidentally have just updated with a workaround to the registry settings for real-time disk performance monitoring not "sticking".

sujay85

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Insights in Technology
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:34 PM »
Looks like a nice tool and a good review, thanks for posting about it no matter where it ended up :Thmbsup:.
Thanks its indeed a nice tool. Also the developer Janos is a nice guy. He helped me a lot in fixing my issue. So, I had a good overall experience. :Thmbsup:

sujay85

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Insights in Technology
    • Donate to Member

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Thanks.

I really like your software (have the pro edition) and I can't find the original rules.  I thought I remembered something about a Facebook +1 being a part of the contest, so I passed. However, I may have been mistaken. I really feel like that whole +1 thing is an abomination, especially when incentive based.  Just want to let you know.  However, if I am confusing contests or something ... oops .. apologies.

ADDED
ok, my error, you only encouraged the facebook thing, it wasn't required, just a comment was required. (And a good pct of the comments were substantive.) All in all it was done reasonably well. I just got diverted :) .

Also, suggestion:
 you should put the deadline on the announcements, even in the subject line. To help with the "I'll do it tomorrow" syndrome. e.g.
"Hard Disk Sentinel Professional: 25 Lifetime Licenses - entries through June 1, 2012"

Also, I wasn't so sure if it was meant more for newbies who didn't have a license, or if we should use the license on our other puters (I didn't remember the license status offhand, how many pcs are covered), or if we are well covered we should give it away or what. Next time around, if you do similar... you know, like a special donationcoder something ... please put a little sidenote about all that.

And also keep in mind the idea of BillP of WinPatrol. Where he occasionally lets licenses be very inexpensive, a couple of dollars.  (Not necessarily in a contest, but how to work these things is always a puzzle, since you want some limitations, either contest style or total number of license, and/or total number of licenses per user, etc.) That from BillP is one idea that helps keeps the participants focused... but it aint actually a freebie, which is the fun fun fun part.

Steven
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:45 PM by Steven Avery »

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 12:04 AM »
I am disgusted to see same persons participating in all contests. I am posting here because I want some good members to grab the offer, not just the regular ones who jump over any promotional offers.

Hahaha~! I can see that! I always check out things to see if I'll actually use them before I "jump over" any offers. :) Another software license sitting in my email inbox does nobody any good. :)

I thought I remembered something about a Facebook +1 being a part of the contest, so I passed. However, I may have been mistaken. I really feel like that whole +1 thing is an abomination, especially when incentive based.  Just want to let you know.  However, if I am confusing contests or something ... oops .. apologies.
-Steven Avery (June 09, 2012, 11:14 PM)

Hehehe! The thing that ticks me off are all those "...if you... repost/share this..." on FB. That's a guaranteed way to make certain that I won't. :P

It looks like your contest went well there! Congrats! :)
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

sujay85

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Insights in Technology
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 03:26 AM »
Hi Steven Avery,
Yes,
That Facebook thing was totally optional. The developer asked me to encourage users to like their webpage, so I kept that part as optional requirement. Only email subscription was the requirement...:)

Next Time, I will specify these things: Final Date, PCs covered etc info in the title. :)

Hi Renegade,
Thanks for understanding my point...   :P

Yup that contest went quite good  :D

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 03:39 AM »
Hahaha~! I can see that! I always check out things to see if I'll actually use them before I "jump over" any offers. :) Another software license sitting in my email inbox does nobody any good. :)

I agree, I only sign up for contests on stuff I really want, and I have been quite lucky I must admit, winning stuff like Total Commander in the DCC giveaways :-*.

Hehehe! The thing that ticks me off are all those "...if you... repost/share this..." on FB. That's a guaranteed way to make certain that I won't. :P

Same here, I am not liking anything on facebook to enter a contest :-[. I like the way this one was made, signing up for their newsletter and making a post is fair enough, and making the rest optional (I followed him in G+ though, because that works differently).

All in all a nice contest yeah :Thmbsup:.

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 03:51 AM »

Vice versa these persons joining should they be disgusted from bloggers collecting revenues per their behalf?
Emails collected for vendors to be used for other promotions & offers?
Most Bloggers getting revenues from ads & traffic.

These persons participating you're disgusted by tweet,mention your blog... No reason to be disgusted, it's a Win Win scenario for everyone.
---

However, would be nice seeing participants actually try application before they speak.
"I'm in" "Count me in"  truly boring.. Add rules & eliminate contestants/remarks like that.

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 04:23 AM »
However, would be nice seeing participants actually try application before they speak.
"I'm in" "Count me in"  truly boring.. Add rules & eliminate contestants/remarks like that.

I think you have to be careful about that, it could reward artificial comments. For instance, my post there was just a "thanks for the review" type reply, and that was because I didn't have anything I felt was useful to add about the software itself, that was not answered by the review and me trying it.

If I had to write some contrived question or commentary to be eligible to enter, I would probably have passed :-[.

I have seen contests in the past where the posts had to answer a question, like "describe how you would use it if you won" -- it works well in some cases, and in others not.

What I would find more annoying, is if it were the same 25 people who post something every time, and end up winning over and over.

sujay85

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Insights in Technology
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 01:55 PM »

Vice versa these persons joining should they be disgusted from bloggers collecting revenues per their behalf?
Emails collected for vendors to be used for other promotions & offers?
Most Bloggers getting revenues from ads & traffic.

These persons participating you're disgusted by tweet,mention your blog... No reason to be disgusted, it's a Win Win scenario for everyone.
---

Well, you are right in that.  8) I only dislike guys whose hobby is joining any running contests and I am almost sure that they are not going to use most. Since they are hobbyists and spammers, they will cope up to any level for entering the contest. This is my experience in Insights in Technology and in Techno360 blog. I've also experimented with making hard rules like "use the trial and post a screenshot of that" but as Jibz told this discourage also genuine entrants. So, my goal was to increase the number of entrants to reduce the probability of winning of the hobbyists. :P

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 08:52 PM »
...I am disgusted to see same persons participating in all contests. I am posting here because I want some good members to grab the offer, not just the regular ones who jump over any promotional offers.
It is possible, of course, that the approach of turning the thing into a sort of promotional contest in the first place might not have been such a good idea...the law of unintended consequences, etc.
So, maybe try a new/different approach?
Whatever approach you took would presumably need to be geared towards something that you wanted to achieve, whilst at the same time avoiding the things that you didn't want that might have already shown up from earlier approaches.
If you did not change the approach, then the outcome could logically be expected to continue to be the same.

For example, how might you improve target focus?:
  • (a) What/who is the target market/audience?
  • (b) How do you define the members of that audience?
  • (c) How do you establish what medium you can employ to surely communicate via, to reach them and to engage their attention and/or cognitive surplus?
  • (d) What are they likely to currently think about the product? (Now-think.)
  • (e) What do you want them to think about the product? (Want-to-think.)
  • (f) What do you need to demonstrate/prove, or what steps do you need to take, to enable them to move from Now-think to Want-to-think?

Sorry for the hotch-potch. It's all "off the top of my head". Just some thoughts.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:09 PM by IainB »

erikts

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 10:31 PM »
Winners announced.. ;)

Well, I am very lucky this time. Reading two nice review of software I need (thanks to IainB and sujay85) and then winning the contest.  :-*

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Looks like I was lucky enough to win one as well, thanks to Sujay and Janos Mathe :Thmbsup:.

sujay85

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Insights in Technology
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 10:25 AM »
I hope you all have received the license 8)

@IainB: I am not sure if I have understand you properly but whatever I understood is very right anyway. But doing something new altogether do not always work and haven't actually worked when I tried it in a blog with much higher traffic (audience) that mine. So, I know that I have to accept the situation unless I get a much higher audience.