topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 8:59 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: scrolling window - how2 get single captures instead of a merged superimage  (Read 5547 times)

dlps

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks to the donationcoder team I was able to test their screenshot captor tool for free, for which I am grateful.

There is a special and obviously powerful element within the Capture tool collection called "Grab ... scrolling window"  :up:  :up:

What I missed or was not able to find, as an option, was the possibility to autosave every single window capture (during the automatic scrolling of the scroll window) as independent/single file (see a more detailed description in the post script). The program automatically merges all window captures together so that one "only" is able to save the resulting merged superwindow/image/page.  While this is likely very helpful or even desired by other users, I would very much like to be able to have separate files which I would be able to partly delete/merge etc. by my own necessities later on.

In case this is possible already - please let me know how to automatically get single window captures within an automated scroll procedure (pgdown triggered by the screenshot capture program itself).

Alternatively - how much would a donation have to be (Student at the University of Vienna) so to enable somebody to include this program element to the screenshot captor program?

Thanks a heap for any suggestions  :)

P.S: (detailed description of how I conducted the screen captures and where I missed additional save options):

Capture ->Grab windows object or scrolling window -> Ctrl click [on the scroll window of interest]-> Begin a scrolling window capture on this object -> [the Object and scrolling capture tool] menu                [appears]:

On the "Vertical Scrolling" I choose: "Scroll by pages" + "Method Simulate Key Presses" + "Stop: Capture until max below" + "maximum scrolls: 50"

-> ok, begin scrolling... -> another [Object and scrolling capture tool] menu appears

Now I am "only" able to save the whole set of screenshots as single, merged file. However, I would prefer to get every of those screenshots as single files (e.g. screensh01, screenshot02, screenshotXX...) so that I would later be able to delete or format to my own likings and have single (manageble) small files rather than large and slow images (often too large for further manipulation) .

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
There is no option to do it yet, but i can add one without too much trouble.

dlps

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
That would be great, and I hope many others would profit from such an additional function too!  :Thmbsup:

Wish I was as talented in programming...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
To help me prioritize this, can I ask if anyone else has use for such functionality?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
On a couple of occasions now I've wished for this capability - I know it's been requested a few times as well (within other threads), with some support, but I dont have time now to search...

I wanted it for embedding images in a word/PDF document.
Tom

ralfs

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think "Grab scrolling window" is specially made for prevent users to combine many single pictures of a "scrolling window" after grabbing them.

If I don't want this automatically combining of the parts to a big picture, I can use single shots.

Ralf

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If I don't want this automatically combining of the parts to a big picture, I can use single shots.

Same here, I use a scrolling capture if I want Mouser to merge the pictures for me, and if not then I take my own separate snaps of the different parts.  This can be useful for writing documentation, where an "auto scrolled" separate snapshot might not be scrolled to a logical screen break.
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

John Edwards

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have a similar problem where I have to keep up to date on certain government legislation. Unfortunately they don't put in page numbers so I can't select which pages I want to print. Doing copy and paste to Word or a PDF conversion program brings mixed results. Maybe its just because it's a government document.