topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Screenshot Captor Auto Upload/ftp/imageshack/dropbox/etc using ZUploader  (Read 35393 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
 :Thmbsup:

Ludoja

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I use upload captured files by Zuploader several times daily, is there a keyword shorcut for o saving&uploading the current file?

Another option would be to have this option in in clickable icon form. Right now, after editing I have to to do 3 things:

1. save fale
2. click the external tools button
3. click zuploader

if there is 1 keybord command/link, it would make life a bit easier ;-)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
if there is 1 keybord command/link, it would make life a bit easier

you can right-click on the tray menu and choose 'Upload last image with ZUploader' option..

du1mga

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Screenshot Captor Auto Upload/ftp/imageshack/dropbox/etc using ZUploader
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 11:49 AM »
Hi,
sorry I'm new to this forum and also to the program. My question is, is it possible to make screenshots and load then every x minutes up to a server when my program is running in virtual-box in the background evtl. with the screen-capture program ??.
That means it sends part of the screen-capture every x minutes to server by replacing the old one while the screen is for the user hidden.

Regards DU1MGA

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 05:37 PM »
That's an interesting question.

Actually it seems like it might be several questions.

Let's take them one by one:

Can you have Screenshot Captor take an image every X minutes: yes.
Can you have Screenshot Captor take images while it stays hidden out of the way: yes.
Can you have Screenshot Captor automatically upload every image it takes using an external tool like ZUploader: yes.
Can ZUploader be told to overwrite the new uploaded file with same name as previous upload: i'm not sure, please check and tell us.

Can you have Screenshot Captor be taking these automatic captures of a specific window: not explicitly.
You are the first person who has actually ask for this, it's not a bad idea, though it's a bit awkward.  You can have SC take a screenshot of active window, but then when you switch away to another window the automatic capturing will start capturing the newly selected window.  And if you do a repeat-region capture that will have problems if the window in question is off-screen.

Now, it seems to me that your best bet might actually be not to use Screenshot Captor, but to use it's little brother tool, the commandline based MiniCap.   You could invoke MiniCap from another tool every so often and pass it commandline options to take a screenshot of a specific window by window id or name, save it as a specific name, and then invoke your uploader or ftp tool on that file.

Now I *think* that will work even if the target window is minimized/offscreen but i'm not 100% sure, so you'd have to test that.  If it doesn't let me know, because there may be a capture method that CAN, even if im not using it by default -- and I'd be willing to add that to MiniCap.

In summary, try investigating SC and MiniCap and let me know how far you get, and maybe we can try to get you the last bit of the way there once we know what the problems are.

du1mga

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 09:26 PM »
Hi Mr. Mauser,

thanks for the fast replay. Yes I have downloaded the advised software. Will give it a try. It will take some day's,
because the list I have to do is to long.

In any case thank you for all the info you was giving me.

Regards DU1MGA

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 09:15 AM »
It does seem like something that would be useful to be able to do, so I am interested in making sure it can be done fairly easily with either SC or MiniCap.  Perhaps someone might even write a coding snack that will periodically trigger MiniCap and the upload.

wales

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I went to zuploader site and saw this message.

"Active development has been ceased for ZScreen and ZUploader in favour of ShareX and ShareXmod, which are built on the solid foundation of ZUploader."

Have I searched for the incorrect software.
Thank you

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Screenshot Captor has already been updated to work with the new incarnation of ZUploader, aka ShareX, and will automatically use it if it's installed.

Though I must admit this is the first i've heard of "ShareXMod" -- I don't know what the "Mod" part is.

Looks like I might have to update SC again to detect ShareXMod in addition to ShareX.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:07 AM by mouser »

SuitedAces

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi:
I'm brandnew but got something working.  When I uploaded got this...http://goo.gl/sofhU.  What do I do next?  

My goal is to upload an Excel file to my blog at blogspot.  Is it possible?

Thanks,
David

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just a note that while SC still works well with ShareX (and ShareXmod), it also now includes it's own built-in uploader which is considerably easier and faster to use.

joby_toss

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi!
Is there any setting in SC 4 (built-in upload tool) that allows copying the uploaded image link into clipboard including [img] tags, for quick posting in different forums?
If not, could this be added? I think it would be useful for people doing lots of tutorials, demos etc.
I am a 3D body trapping a single dimension soul.