topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:16 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Flexible List (data) Management - ListPro and the Alternatives  (Read 37920 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Flexible List (data) Management - ListPro and the Alternatives
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 06:52 AM »
Hi Paul,

It probably has to do with public/private areas within ImageShack.  
I'll look into it.

ok.. I tried the "make public" tag.
Let me know how it goes.

========================

Then the question is whether DonationCoder prefers the image on the net (will the account be there in x years ?) or prefer it somehow downloaded ?

Steven
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:01 AM by Steven Avery »

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 06:58 AM »
Ok. Btw since this topic doesn't have Treesheets and it's talking about grids, I hope you don't mind me posting about it. Last time I did, that turned out to be what someone was looking for.

http://treesheets.com/

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 07:05 AM »
Hi, unfortunately the image doesn't load for me. (Domain unregistered. The one with the frog.)

How about now? :)

screenshot2011090607423.png

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 07:06 AM »
Thanks. I can see it now.

Edit: I'm out of ideas.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:11 AM by Paul Keith »

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 07:08 AM »
Hi,

All the edgy products are good here.  TreeSheets, InfoQube, RightNote, ListPro and alternatives to each come to mind.

ListPro is the immediate thread focus but there is lots of overlap.  e.g. RightNote has both spreadsheets and tables as a built-in feature, so it has more capability for lists than many note-takers.

Right now I am oriented to RightNote (apparently screen pic but no web clipping) and ListPro .. and thinking about WebClippers like Metaproducts Inquiry .. or waiting a while for the new features in Linkman.  This is a factor because some forum pages where I do original research vanish. (That is why I was searching for a Bulletin Board editor that works in font mode, rather than code mode.)

Also oriented toward programming database tools, playing with Magic, and WinDev particularly.  However that is partly because of my iSeries stuff.  I used to like Alpha4, but at the moment no one database tool strikes me as elegant and easy.

That is why the rinky-dink Avanquest tool Database Professional might actually be very good, especially if it is an active product (see my questions, like whether it holds hot links).  Much as I avoid Avanquest normally as a product-gulper.

================

The incredible donationcoder scroll bar does allow part of the field with the url-clickable to be seen on the pic. 

Steven
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:13 AM by Steven Avery »

sword

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 01:29 PM »
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 12:53:13 AM » by Stephen, "You mention tabbed, so many they still enhance this ?  That would be a good sign, although surprising.", "It has to hold the hot-links in a special field too...".
Re. tabbed see:
avanquest.com > MyDatabase > screenshots

Re.hot-links/hot link:
No. OLE linking and embedding is supported for forms.

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 07:08:52 AM » by Stephen, "...Avanquest...if it is an active product...".
Active? Yes:
Clip:MyDatabase™ Home and Business
Accessed:Wed Sep 07 2011 18:48:42 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Source:http://www.avanquest.com/USA/software/mydatabase-home-and-business...

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011, 01:01 AM »
Hi Folks,

Active? Yes:Clip:MyDatabase™ Home and Business

I was wondering if there is active development.  Or simply the product as picked up in its final state from Elibrium some years back.   Anyway, without hot links in a view/browse mode of data the utility would not be sufficient for many of my lists.  I often use these things to quickly bring up the page.

btw, I have just discovered the sublevel of items in ListPro, which works through an indenting mechanism (conceptually it is a bit backwards, which is why I missed it at first .. when you call for an indent, then it becomes a subunit of the line above).  Seems to work quite well. What I really like about ListPro is the ability to modify the database almost on the fly. Without going in and out of a complex data design handling unit.   Surely, later on you might hit some walls with some lists and decide you want more relational strength.  You cross that bridge when you need the Rubicon.

Shalom,
Steven
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:09 AM by Steven Avery »

Chessnia

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • CHESSNIA
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 03:44 AM »
Just wanted to drop a line and say that this available today at bitsdujour with a 50% discount!  :Thmbsup:
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/listpro

Desdinova

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2014, 07:41 PM »
I have been looking for a replacement for ListPro for what seems like 10 years?  Can that be right??

I used it when I had a Windows phone.  The Sync feature was awesome.  I didn't want my lists on the cloud.  I just wanted a light-weight program to keep lists of account information for website development.  I liked the idea of a single file, that if I changed on one device I could easily sync with another.   ListPro WAS PERFECT.   Now I have an Android device.   

I to a lot with http://cloudlist.quarterstaf.com/ but i find it just a little clunky, you have to have a connection to the net or you can't start it (no "offline" mode), but it's the best "not-quite-Listro" I have found.  I just have this feeling I'm gonna wake up one day, and Cloudlist will be gone.

FWIW... I STILL USE ListPro on my PC.  I keep my lists up to date manually.  I use Cloudlist of daily stuff and things that I need when on the road, but I still use ListPro at the core.   I can't think of any other piece of software I have used this many years and it has ALWAYS done EXACTLY what I needed it to do, when I needed it.   

I have actually considered getting an iPhone JUST so I can use ListPro again to it's full potential the way I used to.   But Alas...  it's just not worth it.  I'd love to find a replacement for ListPro.

Desdinova

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2014, 07:48 PM »
I just have this feeling I'm gonna wake up one day, and Cloudlist will be gone.

WOW.. that's kinda creepy... I just went to log into the website.... and I get this..

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Object in /home/droidadmin/cake/libs/object.php on line 63
Strict Standards: Non-static method Configure::getInstance() should not be called statically in /home/droidadmin/cake/bootstrap.php on line 47

My App is still working...     whew on my tho...  so there's that.

As I stated above... along with the OP and others...  ListPro for ANDROID !!!!!!!   PLEEEEEAAAAZZZZEEEE