topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Poll

WHAT SOFTWARE DO YOU BELIEVE TO BE THE MOST PIRATED EACH YEAR?

Autodesk Autocad
Microsoft Office
Anti-virus software (various)
Adobe Photoshop
Microsoft Windows (XP-Vista-7)
Nero Burning

Last post Author Topic: Most Pirated Software?  (Read 33873 times)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Most Pirated Software?
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2011, 04:19 PM »

@40mhz, I am sure you would like to regulate ;) Can always tell... Apply for a moderator job if desire sticks. Piracy is typically an invitation for eager moderator wannabies people to react, old, weak and basically BS though there are people like zridling around who can ask WFT are you talking about?, standing up for ones word is a admirable feature - most fail and come off as hypocritical if they try, I estimate 95% hitrate when topic is piracy including every member on this domain :) Probably not "wise" to say either with so sensitive a bunch of people around. Virtual sensitivity rocks!

@Bamse - charming as ever. You never cease to amaze me with your talent for assigning motives to, and putting words into mouths of, people you barely know.  First app103, now me. Must be wonderful to have the talent to spin fiction so easily. My hats off.

( It appears virtual rudeness rocks equally well for you.  :))

Bamse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2011, 04:54 PM »
May be you should consider keeping personal stuff in the irc room or where it is you personalize. I am happily unaware, not interested in relating to person to person chitchat with unknown and irrelevant references on a public/general forum - see no fun in guessing what is acceptable to say or not to say.

If you have a need for a strickly DC-personal forum ask for one. You might get to be moderator, defend wise posts not annoying anyone you know personally. Jump in and make sure the others are regulated to your satisfaction.

@tomos - typical story, not used with joy but not out of the question either. If you get an Office Pro via work priced as 2 packs of cigarettes will you pay full price in retail? What do you tell your friends if they don't know already? Free market my butt but how it is with many things. Develpers are not more stupid than average. A 14 year old family member recently asked me for Office 2010 because her school required it. I don't think MS should increase sales because of stupid market forces and schools so she got it from msdn. MS don't care since she will now be trained in Office and not the annoying alternatives. Another one in the basket and she can be used later. Have to be an complete idiot defending this setup with great conviction. MS not the same as small developers but complex and messed up it is. Guess I am distributor of pirated software as well but ok.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 07:12 PM »
Wow...Just...Wow...Bamse...You are so full of BS its UNREAL...I have never read such a mass amount of crap by someone with thier head so far up thier own ass in my entire life...

Firstly, get a grip...Piracy aint going to cause the world to end...shit happens...every minute...of every single day...deal with it...

Secondly, When you next think..."Wow, I dont agree with a single person in the entire world, which leads me to think they are all self-righteous arrogant assholes" - Maybe you should reconcider, and look in a mirror.

I, for one, am sick to death of reading your mindless drivel.  You bring NOTHING but aggrivation to subject matters.

A wise person once told me the following:

Click Here: NSFW
If you dont have anything nice to say...then get the fuck off my front lawn before i beat you with a shovel.

Inspiring words eh!

</rant>

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Ok Folks, I find myself guilty of losing my temper and exercising poor judgement in three of my previous posts on this thread.  :-[ (Reply#: 40, 46, 50)

For that I apologize to all the members here at DC and ask that you don't follow suit and commit a similar breech of forum etiquette. It accomplishes nothing except to poison the well.

A high degree of civility and mutual respect have always characterized the discussions in DC's forums. It's something that makes this place totally unique from my experience with the web.

Let's see if we can all do our best to help keep it that way. :)

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2011, 08:41 PM »
This place would be a lot more pleasant if there was less moral policing. We all have our personal opinions and flaws. I think it would be wise to think twice before we publicly call out individuals about what's being accomplished other than possibly humiliating and alienating them.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2011, 12:48 AM »
A wise person once told me the following:

Inspiring words eh!

I want to know what you were doing on their front lawn that caused them to say that to you  :huh:

Bamse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2011, 05:40 AM »
@Stephen66515
Good man, I am not the one to judge how well posts fit polices but you have my thumbs up :) A bit difference between stating the uncomfortably obvious and insisting on being right though. Would be a silly debate having me claiming DC is fully aware of piracy on personal levels and DC representatives going NOOOO!, don't you think? Anyway, this is more or less a private forum with rules to follow as not to step on any toes. Rude not to. Lesson learned.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2011, 06:43 AM »
Just woke up and checked out this thread.. Trying to figure out what happened that made such long time members start insulting each other so viciously.. Folks you know better -- this is just not how we behave here, and you guys of all people know that.

People can have differing opinions without devolving into insults and namecalling, etc.

And the longer you are a member here the more we expect you to set the standard and set a good example of the helpful and friendly and respectful spirit that the site tries to live up to.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:53 AM by mouser »

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2011, 10:41 AM »
 :huh: - Its official...Alcohol + Forums = Bad Combination  :-[

My Bad!

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2011, 10:47 AM »
To extend on my previous post a little bit:

Those of you who know me, know I am not one to go on a mission of pointless attacks on other members of DC...for which, I must appologise publicly to Bamse for my remarks.  I know its not an excuse, but last night, I had been drinking, and until I checked my IRC private messages a few moments ago, I had no recolection of making the above rude comments.

Once again, I appologise for my remarks, they where out of line, especially concidering none of the previous remarks where made towards me...seems like I just did a drive-by rant  :huh:

Sorry!

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2011, 10:53 AM »
Been there, done that, bought the barf-bags.

I wonder if there's any USB devices similar to car alco-breath locks? :)
- carpe noctem

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2011, 10:59 AM »
Been there, done that, bought the barf-bags.

I wonder if there's any USB devices similar to car alco-breath locks? :)

Rofl, I was just thinking the same thing myself haha

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2011, 11:21 AM »
I found this thread very interesting. Not so much the subject matter (which will always be contentious!) but I did enjoy a little glimpse into some of the personalities of the folks here on DC. May you *all* long continue to be such active members of the site  :Thmbsup:

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2011, 04:58 PM »

norm_beer.jpgMost Pirated Software?

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2011, 05:07 PM »
Elegant!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:08 PM by cranioscopical, Reason: Probably why lemmings leap over a cliff! »