topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Power Ranger Punches Kid for Accusing Him of Stealing Gloves  (Read 11266 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Power Ranger Punches Kid for Accusing Him of Stealing Gloves
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:59 AM »

(Houston, Tx) - On February 18, 2011 at the House of Blues during the Legacy Amateur Series MMA show, there was a backstage altercation involving a member of the Legacy event staff and former Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, and owner of the popular MMA clothing line Jesus Didn’t Tap, Jason David Frank.

Multiple sources told TheCageDoor.net that words were exchanged between Frank and the worker in charge of collecting the gloves from the fighters after each fight. According to our sources, the Legacy employee was looking to get the gloves back from one of Franks fighters and after asking several times with no results, he told Frank “C’mon man, Jesus didn’t steal gloves.”

“It’s always a problem getting the gloves back from those guys. I guess he didn’t like my comment so he got in my face,” the 22 year old Legacy employee told TheCageDoor.net via phone.

“I left to go walk the next fighters out and when I come back in, right when I entered the locker room he was right there in my face. He was about an inch away from me. He’s a big guy and I weigh about 150 pounds. I put my hand up in front of me and said, hey man your like twice my size.

As I looked away I saw his fist coming so I clinched up and then he popped me a few more times.”

According to the employee, one of the punches caused his tooth to pierce his lip and required several stitches. He also said that he filed a police report following the altercation.

Frank told TheCageDoor.net via phone that the issue arose after one of his fighter’s gloves came up missing and he was accused of taking the gloves even though he didn’t have them.  After words were exchanged between Frank and the employee, Frank said he warned the employee not to touch him several times.

“He bumped his chest out, put his hands on me and that’s when I defended myself,” Frank said of the altercation.

Mick Maynard, who owns Legacy, said of the incident, “Legacy stance is, no matter what happens you just can’t go around punching people. There are so many better alternatives than punching guys in the face.

Our guys have to be protected, but at the same time they shouldn’t be saying things to provoke people. If there is a problem with ANY of our Legacy Staff, I’m very accessible.”

Source

Source

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Power Ranger Punches Kid for Accusing Him of Stealing Gloves
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 07:33 AM »
"Jesus Didn't Tap"? :huh: :huh: :huh:
- carpe noctem

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 08:31 AM »

I kind of liked that. Makes Jesus sound like a bad ass. :)
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:10 AM »

Yeah. What's that mean? (or perhaps more 'properly': 'Sup w'that?) :huh:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:12 AM by 40hz »

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:15 AM »

Yeah. What's that mean? (or perhaps more 'properly': 'Sup w'that?) :huh:

I think the assumption is that the son of God could "tap out" and escape the torture of whipping and crucifixion, but he didn't.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

f0dder

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 09:23 AM »
Religion might be tasteless, but I think it's even more tasteless to make what appears to be a clothing brand targeted at whatever-fighting-crap-"sports" abusing Jesus' name (I might be a flaming atheist, but I do have an ounce of respect for a few things).

If that's what Power Rangers lead to, I wouldn't want my children to watch that, should I ever spawn any.
- carpe noctem

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 09:33 AM »
err...guys...it's in the thread:

Youtube of Jesus Doesn't Tap:

Plus it's not tasteless, it's funny.

Spoiler
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/cln1985/jesusdidnttapposter.jpg
Power Ranger Punches Kid for Accusing Him of Stealing Gloves

« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:14 AM by Paul Keith »

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:15 AM »
Wow Paul!

40hz grits his teeth, closes his eyes, and waits for the inevitable firestorm to ensue, followed shortly after by a moderator locking out the thread.

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 10:34 AM »
err...that's actually an image linked to the forum where the quote is coincidentally linked to the first comment underneath that youtube reply which coincidentally is being linked here because err... because some posters where wondering about the origins of the Jesus Doesn't Tap message without fully checking the sources.

I'm not supportive of the message nor of the poster but if I didn't post those in a reply - the thread would risk being discussed out of context.

f0dder

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 10:35 AM »
I find the "Jesus Didn't Tap" clothing line offensive, but the "fscking cross" picture to be pretty funny.
- carpe noctem

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 10:52 AM »
I'm lost, what do they mean by 'tap' ??
if it was tapdance they'd have to talk about 'feet'...

I found one entertaining definition (urbandictionary)
When someone sees a nice refreshing river, they say "I'd tap that", meaning, they'd like to put a plumbing system in and "tap" the water supply.

Frank: Wow, look at that lovely river.
Anne: I'd tap that!

I think it might be a good idea to put that pic in a spoiler, considering dc's desire to avoid religion & politics ;-)
Tom

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 11:08 AM »
Atheist also, but...
I think it might be a good idea to put that pic in a spoiler, considering dc's

Um, Yeah ... Not everybody is going to find that funny.

On a side note, isn't Tapping Out just a Pro Sports way of crying uncle/ to concede the match and avoid further injury?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:10 AM by Stoic Joker »

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 11:16 AM »
On a side note, isn't Tapping Out just a Pro Sports way of crying uncle/ to concede the match and avoid further injury?

Yes, tongue-in-cheek-wise, it's also a macho way of proving one's heart or dedication and basically symbolizes an act where you don't give up until your body gives out.

I've put the image in a spoiler but really it's pointless. Once you click on the youtube link and see the first comment underneath - it's the same sans image. It's really the best just not to link to the youtube video directly at all.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 12:16 PM »
I can't hear the youtube audio right now, so this post might be redundant (but still might be useful for others who can't or don't want to wade through a vid)...

I don't know if this is accurate, but it seems to fit and seems a pretty likely explanation of the phrase:

Jesus Didn't Tap is a Christian brand of mixed martial arts (MMA) clothing. "Tap" in MMA language means to give up or quit. When a fighter is in a hold by an opponent, they can tap on the other fighters leg as a sign to let go, signifying their giving up. The referee then stops the fight, and the the winning fighter lets go.

The designer of the brand coins the phrase Jesus Didn't Tap, meaning that Jesus didn't give up. The designers hope to spread their message throughout the fighting community.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Since when is a 22 year old man a "kid"? And the guy is an actor who used to play a Power Ranger. He wasn't officially working under the Power Ranger brand.

Misleading headline, without which nobody would care about this story.

:down:

Eóin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 07:16 PM »
Form the thread in the second link -

Hey guys,
Its JDF first thank you to my team and everyone who ‘KNOWS ME” first of all it DID NOT GO DOWN as it reads. That is NOT true. Let me shed some light on the situation. First everyone had my guys losing across the board including cage door but both my fighters WON Kolton and Ramero did GREAT. We were in celebration mode. Everyone knows emotions are on a high. Then this guy came out and asked for the gloves back. I didn’t have them!! Neither did my fighter, he kept on and on and on . I said I don’t have them bro. Then started to celebrate again with ramero. Then again Louder and louder . JASON , JASON , JASON its always a F***** Problem with you and gloves. that’s NOT true I know mick if I wanted them I would pay for them, Micks good to me. Well as I was celebrating AGAIN he mouthed off and offended me by saying Jesus Didn’t Tap and Jesus don’t steal. I heard this I was mad but he was gone. So again went back to tell ramero how he dominated that fight. Then he shows up AGAIN. Now here is where you all have to think!!!! First now im upset for being accused of stealing time and time again. Lets think about this guys. Ok say you go to Mc Donald’s ( using this as a example ) and you are so upset and you go to a employee and say with a stern Direct voice” Hey you forgot my Fries” hes wearing a Uniform ( like this guy had on ) you expect to get the “ Customers always right theory. But instead the dude JUMPS the counter gets in your face too and starts saying get the F*** out of my face …look how big you are you gonna hit me Mother F**** HUH HUH get the F**** out of my face..you don’t want NO PART in me ..He starts popping his chest out and you tell the guy don’t Touch me ….Dont touch me man or ill reacted!! He pushed me and I reacted with ONE punch .. This dude plays the victim. I didn’t NOT hit him more then one time and I reacted to his push PERIOD!!! He was representing Legacy.. All he had to do was get Mick that’s all .. But instead says insulting things about Me , Jesus didn’t tap and turned “ Gangster “ well the point I learned growing up from my Father is NO ONE , I mean NO ONE has a right to lay one finger on YOU!! All these people that say you would turn the other cheek even AFTER someone lays there hands on you ,you LIE!!! Im a customer to Legacy I sold Tickets and have fighters on most of the cards. So maybe HIRE someone who can Handle that job.. And to mick for saying I Punched a Kid come on man hes 22 .. look what my 17 Year old did to a growing man on your show .. age has nothing to do with it!!!!
Thank you,
This will be my LAST post …..

PS I have at Least 6 People of Witness this!! And all said maybe the guy will learn a lesson!

Not exactly sure why I'm posting this though :D

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 10:21 PM »
This is turning into an MMA thread. images.jpg

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 12:22 AM »
I can't hear the youtube audio right now, so this post might be redundant (but still might be useful for others who can't or don't want to wade through a vid)...

I don't know if this is accurate, but it seems to fit and seems a pretty likely explanation of the phrase:

Close but the video explains the inspiration behind the phrase.

Since when is a 22 year old man a "kid"? And the guy is an actor who used to play a Power Ranger. He wasn't officially working under the Power Ranger brand.

Misleading headline, without which nobody would care about this story.

True the headline can be less sensationalistic especially about the kid but you do realize the Green Power Ranger, despite not being officially working as a Power Ranger, is THE most popular Power Ranger of all time?

It's like saying Arnold isn't the Terminator because he's not playing the Terminator anymore.

Form the thread in the second link -

Yep. To be fair though, it's not confirmed and there are lots of questionable statements on both sides so it's not set in stone that this is what really happened.