topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:22 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Upgrading RoboForm from v6 to v7: worthwhile?  (Read 72673 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Upgrading RoboForm from v6 to v7: worthwhile?
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2011, 07:32 PM »
I could never get Roboform to fill in flash based websites ???

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Scratch that, just double checked. I thought a site I used was flash-based. It just LOOKS flash based ;-)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2011, 10:45 PM »
@Josh - out of curiosity, exactly what was the resolution you reached with the makers of RoboForm that you are now so happy with them?
 :)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2011, 11:23 PM »
I'm with Josh as far as my attitude.  Yes, I hate this upgrade policy, but I just don't see any program out there that is better than roboform.  What makes it worse is that Roboform is one of the very few programs in this world that I have almost zero complaints with.  It really is amazing.  I can usually find something to complain about, but not with Roboform.  it's hard for me to go to second best, when I've tasted the best.

But yes, they shouldn't have changed their policy the way they did.  that was wrong.  I just upgraded, by the way...I had to...

bscott

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2011, 01:47 AM »
I am entirely happy with Lastpass after switching from Roboform a few weeks ago. It does everything I want and I actually prefer it to Roboform.

When I initially imported my Roboform data I had very long menus of sites and secure notes but since categorising them into groups I find the menus quick and easy to use.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2011, 09:02 AM »
It has to be re-stated: my position is that Siber Systems are entirely within their rights to change their licensing policy. That said, the way in which they went about it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

FWIW, I wrote a detailed note about why I was dropping Roboform when I uninstalled it (the uninstaller takes you to a webpage and your are prompted to fill out a survey). I left my name and e-mail and have never heard a word from them. Perhaps I should write to them directly, as Josh did...

LastPass works fine for me, but I do find that I miss Roboform occasionally. Mostly this comes down to the GUI - I'm "relearning" the ropes. I've yet to find a site that it won't work with, though.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2011, 02:37 PM »
Mentioned by Keith Russell in the Yahoo! Group PowerToolsSoftware: PC Magazine review of LastPass 1.72.

Brief mentions of RoboForm Pro 6.9, Kaspersky Password Manager 4, Identity Safe (a feature of Norton Internet Security 2011), Norton 360 Version 4.0, Steganos Privacy Suite 12, Encrypt Stick 5.0, SplashID Key Safe

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2011, 03:14 PM »
I've yet to find a site that it won't work with, though.

I found a few so far - but mostly they are to do with imports from RoboForm. LastPass seems to be a bit more specific on URL than RoboForm so that just having the root page of a website stored isn't sufficient to fill in a deeper login page - you need the actual page.

Actually one of the things I am finding hugely good in LastPass - and means I won't be going back to RoboForm - is the "My LastPass Vault" button (I use the toolbar version in Firefox).

Clicking opens up all of your login cards but all the common ones are listed under Recent at the top - just clicking on the link takes you to the webpage and logs in automatically. If you are looking for a specific non-recent login just type a couple of letters from the site name and up pop any cards associated with the site.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2011, 04:13 PM »
I, too, have found a few sites that haven't migrated 100% from Roboform into LastPass. Overall, though, I'm hugely impressed with LastPass. I keep downloading the installers for the updates to Roboform, but have yet to install them. The temptation is dimishing quickly, as well.

EDIT: typo
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:31 AM by Darwin »

jpfx

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2011, 03:25 PM »
I was fed up with robos licensing and moved to lastpass/xmarks (at least for a year).
lastpass has been okay, though I have the same problems with flash based logins.
but at least I can install it on my pcs... at work, and on my android tablet
       |\      _,,,---,,_         
ZZZzzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;, 
      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'    
     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)