topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: A dialog box resizer for x64 ?  (Read 3213 times)

Euro

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A dialog box resizer for x64 ?
« on: March 29, 2010, 03:47 AM »
Hi all, I have been searching for a dialog box resizer for XP x64 without much luck.  :(

During my numerous google searches, the "Best Dialog Extender" thread from here kept popping up, possibly the only comprehensive thread on the net about such things, but an extender is not what I need, just a resizer !

Does anyone know of such a program that will work on a 64bit XP ?
I can`t seem to find one at all, and am surprised that there aren`t numerous possibilities - but that`s the way things happen, when you actually look for something you can`t find it.

I am currently using DirectFolders with all the options turned off (I never use the enhancements) but it does not intercept all dialogs.

I was hoping you guys might have some ideas as you seem to have tested all the enhancers already.

Thanks.

lujomu

• Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A dialog box resizer for x64 ?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:24 AM »
Hi,

I use the tool ResizeEnable. Only tried it on Windows 7 x64, but I think it should run on XP, too.

Cheers

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:01 AM »

Euro

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 04:19 PM »
Thanks very much for the info, I`ll try those out tomorrow  :Thmbsup:

Edit:
FileBox Extender doesn`t seem to intercept the dialogs of a lot of non windows programs

I just wanted something like CottonWood FileEx that works on x64....I think it may be impossible.  :(

Edit 2:

Without extensive testing, XFilesDialog appears to be working under XP64 (including a couple of random crashes), but I`m not convinced a price of £31.64 is appropriate  :huh:

Edit 3: XFilesDialog is proving to be very flaky and crashes with certain programs - so has been removed.

Now stuck with file dialogs that automatically open to the size of a postage stamp on a 1920 x 1080 screen.....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:25 AM by Euro »