topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: A powerful free video & audio converter  (Read 15643 times)

ilioyu

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A powerful free video & audio converter
« on: December 04, 2009, 02:07 AM »
Hi admin,

iWisoft Free Video Converter is a full-featured free video converter which can convert between any video or audio, as well as video to audio and video to image with high speed and excellent quality. It supports AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, FLV, H.264/AVC, AVCHD, MKV, RM, MOV, 3GP, MP3, JPG, Animated GIF, etc., and it supports all popular digital devices like iPod, PSP, etc. It has powerful video editing functions like crop, trim, merge, watermark, specify effect, etc. With its user-friendly interface, you can convert video and audio easily and fast.

More info from http://www.easy-video-converter.com.

Could you please list this freeware on your website or write a review for it? What do you think of it?

Thanks

Sincerely,
Irene

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A powerful free video & audio converter
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 09:19 AM »
What makes this better than MediaCoder?

yoyuo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 02:51 AM »
thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 02:53 AM by yoyuo »

ilioyu

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 09:51 PM »
Hi Tuxman:

iWisoft free video converter can be downloaded and installed more easily and quickly. It supports more video and audio formats conversion, even hd video, mkv, recorded dv video and video to image conversion. It's designed with user-friendly interface which make it more easier to use. It has additional useful functions, such as crop video, trim & merge video or audio, watermark your video, add effect like gamma, brightness, contrast, saturation, and gray, emboss, negative, old film, take snapshots from video while previewing, etc. And it will be free and safe forever.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 09:55 PM by ilioyu »

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 02:37 AM »
Ah, OK.  :)

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 05:49 PM »
These days it seems everyone has a mencoder, ffdshow, etc. etc. front-end. I suppose a ton of these kinds of programs for easy video conversion is better than none. :D It's nice not to have to use SUPER or MediaCoder, neither of which has the best UI or stability record...

- Oshyan

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 08:05 AM »
Mediacoder's author and software are sketchy.  He was caught serving hidden advertisements in his custom Firefox interface, and is so worried about getting money that in my opinion he should be removed from Sourceforge and stop calling his software Free. 

Super is powerful completely free, but has a clunky interface that takes getting used to.  I do love me some Super however.

I also use Format Factory, but the author of the software is horrible at providing any support, and the ability to convert audio always errors out on me, through 3 different machine formats and two operating systems.

The software above has a nice interface and is fairly powerful.  I am always leery of folks who drop in and promote their free software, thinking there is an alternate agenda, but that is just my old man on the Internet paranoia talking.  I like this so far.  Thanks for letting us know about it!

Stick around and enjoy all this site has to offer.

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 01:52 PM »
Hmmm...the iWisoft screenshots do look interesting. I notice they also have a paid product which they have the right to mention in their free software.

But I'm wondering if somebody can tell me how "pushy" they are about promoting their paid software. I mean, I have a few adware apps and I'm appreciative that I didn't have to pay for those particular softwares. However, I've also had "free" apps which were so aggressively promotional that the "free" wasn't worth the considerable annoyance. You know...buy now, buy now... ad infinitum. :tellme:

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 03:52 PM »
They aren't.  The software is fast and versatile, with a lot of ready to use options such as video formats for mobile devices which I use quite often.  I give this one a thumbs up.  :Thmbsup:

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 04:23 PM »
Thanks for the report! It's always best to hear from other people who use the apps you use testing out a new app. I may give it a go...

- Oshyan

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 06:21 PM »
OK, thanks y0himba for the info. I too will probably check it out. 8)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 07:30 PM »
I also like Format Factory.  I mentioned it in another thread I started here about good converters.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 01:28 AM »
Thought I might mention my experience here:
I installed iWisoft Free Video Converter v1.2 today and it seems to work a treat. Is pretty fast.
I had wanted to compress an MP4 video into a smaller file/format, but everything the Converter produced seemed to be a lot bigger in file size. Quality of the output video seemed to be good in all cases (converted to 4 different formats) that I tried - which is not so in several other freeware converters that I have tried.

Can anyone here point me to something that can compress MP4 significantly with minimal loss of sound/audio quality?

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 01:49 PM »
@IainB:
I think superboyac is referring to this DC What's Best thread which might give you some ideas about what folks are using to convert video.

I agree this free software looks good, but every time I launch iWisoft Free Video Converter it attempts to load their webpage in order to check for updates.:huh: Perhaps I overlooked it, but I don't see in the options how to set manual updates. I realize I can use firewall and/or HIPS to stop this behavior, but I still find it annoying for a non-security app to check/update without user consent.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 08:37 PM »
Thanks sajman99.
I went to that What's Best thread, and ended up downloading and installing FormatFactory.
If you go there, you will see that I have posted a warning about FormatFactory.

WARNING!!! Virus/Trojan/Adware alert with FormatFactory!

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 08:27 PM »
ilioyu, this is good software!  Good job.
I'm now using iwisoft's converter instead of Format Factory.  i think it's a good program, FWIW.