ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

A powerful free video & audio converter

<< < (2/4) > >>

JavaJones:
These days it seems everyone has a mencoder, ffdshow, etc. etc. front-end. I suppose a ton of these kinds of programs for easy video conversion is better than none. :D It's nice not to have to use SUPER or MediaCoder, neither of which has the best UI or stability record...

- Oshyan

y0himba:
Mediacoder's author and software are sketchy.  He was caught serving hidden advertisements in his custom Firefox interface, and is so worried about getting money that in my opinion he should be removed from Sourceforge and stop calling his software Free. 

Super is powerful completely free, but has a clunky interface that takes getting used to.  I do love me some Super however.

I also use Format Factory, but the author of the software is horrible at providing any support, and the ability to convert audio always errors out on me, through 3 different machine formats and two operating systems.

The software above has a nice interface and is fairly powerful.  I am always leery of folks who drop in and promote their free software, thinking there is an alternate agenda, but that is just my old man on the Internet paranoia talking.  I like this so far.  Thanks for letting us know about it!

Stick around and enjoy all this site has to offer.

sajman99:
Hmmm...the iWisoft screenshots do look interesting. I notice they also have a paid product which they have the right to mention in their free software.

But I'm wondering if somebody can tell me how "pushy" they are about promoting their paid software. I mean, I have a few adware apps and I'm appreciative that I didn't have to pay for those particular softwares. However, I've also had "free" apps which were so aggressively promotional that the "free" wasn't worth the considerable annoyance. You know...buy now, buy now... ad infinitum. :tellme:

y0himba:
They aren't.  The software is fast and versatile, with a lot of ready to use options such as video formats for mobile devices which I use quite often.  I give this one a thumbs up.  :Thmbsup:

JavaJones:
Thanks for the report! It's always best to hear from other people who use the apps you use testing out a new app. I may give it a go...

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version