topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: explorer extensions  (Read 10440 times)

xtekian

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • .: w/xoco :.'/
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
explorer extensions
« on: December 31, 2005, 01:27 PM »
i doodle a lot with files and mp3 and i like to organize them. i use windows explorer a lot and sometimes it's hassle to move files repeatedly from one directory to another directory, especially when the directories are so far apart that i have to scroll everytime.

i know that if you right click on a file there's a option called "Send To." can anyone do a little prog so that you can add more locations under "send to" so that I can send files/folders to specific folders/locations?

secondly, as i type this, i also realize i have a lot of crap stuff on my right clink from programs i don't use anymore... maybe someone can code a general explorer extension control panel, to add/delete any buttons from the right click?

thanks =)
TkR

alecjw

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: explorer extensions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 01:44 PM »
To add send to locations, go to start run and type in "C:/Documents and Settings/[Your username]/SendTo" And add a shortcut to the Send To location you want to add.

Black Mamba

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 06:29 PM »
Maybe this is is what you are looking for: Send To Toys.

kimmchii

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 07:52 PM »
i use these:
1- http://www.snapfiles.../get/pikybasket.html
Piky Basket - collect files to move or copy

Piky Basket is a handy utility that extends the copy/move capabilities of Windows by allowing you to collect files into a virtual basket, and then copy, move or paste them at once. It makes file management and organizing easier, rather just add all the files via the new Explorer right-click option (Add to PikyBasket) and then process them later. This can be a great time saver when you want to collect files for backup, sharing, CD burning and so on. In addition, the program allows you to copy file paths to the clipboard and allows you to launch a command prompt from any folder. A nice add-on for Windows, that is there when you need it, and does not use up any resources otherwise.

2- http://www.snapfiles...get/filetargets.html

FileTargets - move or copy files

FileTargets is a shell context menu extension that adds a sub-menu with all your favorite folder names to the context-menu of all files and folders in your system so you can copy/move selected files to pre-defined, most used folders with the click of a mouse. FileTargets menu is similar to the standard SendTo menu but is much more advanced since it allows you to create subgroups, automatically add new folders, copy file path names and much more.

3- http://www.snapfiles...ntextmenueditor.html

Context Menu Editor - remove items from the right-click menu

Context Menu Editor allows you to remove non-standard items from the right-click menu of files, folders and Internet Explorer. The program can come handy if previous software installation failed to remove a context menu item, or if you wish to (permanently) remove an item that you dont need.
If you find a good solution and become attached to it, the solution may become your next problem.
~Robert Anthony

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 11:59 PM »
excellent post by kimmchii - those are good ones.
ps. our new upcoming programming "Context Menu Commander" should fullfill these needs and more :)

xtekian

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • .: w/xoco :.'/
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 12:07 AM »
thanks alot =) those programs are really helpful
TkR

skywalka

• Joined in 2005