topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Nominations for DonationCoder's Top 10 New Programs & Websites of the Year.  (Read 7187 times)

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nominations for what will be DonationCoder's Guide to the Top 10 New Programs & Websites of the Year for 2005.
The catch is these are websites or softwares that were not around before 2005!

Nominate away! All you want! This is for the best of the best, I'll kick it off with a couple for now:

Website:  Google Maps - http://maps.google.com  (helped me countless times in the last year)
[debut February 2005]

Program:  ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com  (okay that kinda counts, but I'm tired at the moment)
[debut October 2005]

8)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
just adding a note here - we were talkng in the donationcoder irc chat channel (see "IRC CHAT" button above) that it would be a fun thing if at the start of 2006 we put out a little guide in the new year listing the top 10 new programs and websites that came out in 2005.

so everyone please help us come up with this top 10 list and we will put together a little feature on this in january 2006.

please list:
  • name of program or website
  • the website url
  • the date that it went public (which must be sometime in 2005)
  • a description of it and the reason you think it qualifies.

nominate as many as you want.  we know there are TONS of great apps that have been around for a while, but this list is only meant to highlight new stuff.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Website:  pandora.com --> https://www.donation...0;topicseen#msg12707 (great idea, great implementation)
[debut: ~4th quarter 2005]

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I'll nominate the only game i played this year (or even wanted to play), GTA: San Andreas.  Quite astounding technical feat and thoroughly enjoyable to play.

dtrud0h

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Rant-Zone
    • Donate to Member
  While browsing a site that I have read regularly for years, sometime back in June or so I found a link to a site that sounded interesting.  After checking it out I was instantly hooked as are many of you by now.   DonationCoder.com
https://www.donationcoder.com
is my nomination for new site of the year.

With a friendly user base and an active forum the site is built around people who write code, but as a regular Joe I can say the it makes no difference what your background is all are welcome there.

Thank you members and guests for a great start here. 

**This probably doesn't count, but I just had to.** :Thmbsup:
<- I have nothing witty to put here ->

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
;D Nice one!

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think I'm a fool for not stating this too.  I think it would be in great humor & appreciation to whats going on here if it does make the top10, here is my vote for DonationCoder.Com as i second that nomination.  Hahah can't take things too seriously, we may be biased- but this place rocks!