topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [bug] Tab complete not working as expected with optional prefix set  (Read 3593 times)

dlprice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have recently configured FARR to required an "Optional prefix which needs to come first on search line in order to match against aliases and plugs" (Options -> Settings -> Keyboard Interface).  I chose to use the forward slash (/). 

I want to use the paste alias to paste a date.  I type in "/pas".  At this point paste (paste date, ...) is the only option.  I press the Tab key to complete the word so I can see the alias options.  It does complete the word "paste", but it truncates off the leading '/'.  So FARR no longer looks for the alias, but looking for file matching. 

- David

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
can you try a different prefix and see if it works?
some characters are used by farr for predefined things: / \ + -

dlprice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I just tried the "^" character, and the "~" character.  Both are resulting in the same truncation. 

In addition to the TAB completion, I also see this when using the FCalc plugin:

I can type ~fc 3+3, and it will show me the answers.  Normally I can just press enter, and it will blank out the 3+3 and let me do another claculation.  Now, however, when I press enter, it reverts to just fc, which, without the prefix, doesn't trigger the plugin.